Sign in to follow this  
Contract Killer

Recomendations for a vehicle

Hey guys, in about 3/4 of a year, I will be getting my license, but want to start looking for a ride now, any suggestions? Just to add, I live in Illinois, out in the boonies, when winters get pretty bad. If you say car, recomend a fast one, not a shitty prius, camry, or civic, thank you. Brand really doesn't matter, I like about all. Thanks.

EDIT: I would like to spend under 12 grand

Hey guys, in about 3/4 of a year, I will be getting my license, but want to start looking for a ride now, any suggestions? Just to add, I live in Illinois, out in the boonies, when winters get pretty bad. If you say car, recomend a fast one, not a shitty prius, camry, or civic, thank you. Brand really doesn't matter, I like about all. Thanks.

EDIT: I would like to spend under 12 grand

High speeds+Ice= Bad.

I just bought a Dodge ram 1500 for $5000. pretty good deal. Haven t picked it up yet, i cant wait to find some mud :lol:

If you want a new ride, then a truck is out of the question. But cheap cars that are gay, I think Lancers are aound 12. What ever you do don't buy a Kia. They are cheap, but for a reason.

Something that you won't lose sleep over when you crash it, and trust me, you WILL crash it.

Not always true. I've been driving for a long time now (I grew up on a farm so I was probably driving since the age of seven) and I've never crashed, a few close calls, but I've never crashed. But its not bad advice though. Buy a cheap used car to start out with, because any car you're going to get under 12k is not going to last you more than a few years anyway, and something with good gas mileage, even if your parents are paying for your gas, not only cause its a nice thing to do, but most cars engineered to get good mileage also tend to have fewer engine problems, at least from my expirience.

My parents will help ALOT with buying the car, since they are devoursed, but gas I will pay for on my ownn, idc I just want a nice truck/car I'm leaning towards around a 99' ram 2500 cummins diesel, single cab, or a 1500 ext cab, reg gas

Gay I voted truck. I would vote truck if it was more than 12 k, but I would go with Impala LS. I have a black one with black windows and chrome wheels. Good speed, decent gas mileage, and pimp cause I drive one. Plus I have 2 - 10 inch solo baric L-7 to blast Fergie - Big girls don't cry

Something that you won't lose sleep over when you crash it, and trust me, you WILL crash it.

untrue i drove my dads best friends chevy blazer since i was around 10..

started driving my camaro since i was 13

but i barried the needle and now i need to fix the motor....

lol

Guest some fag
nah, I'm leaning towards a coupe if its a car, and a stick. Auto if truck

Why auto in a truck? Bad mix. Manual > anything. Always. About the Supra... While that's the only decent vehicle made by the big Toy, it's not worth it. High insurance for a not all that great car.

untrue i drove my dads best friends chevy blazer since i was around 10..

started driving my camaro since i was 13

but i barried the needle and now i need to fix the motor....

lol

Liar. You don't have a Camy.

Why auto in a truck? Bad mix. Manual > anything. Always. About the Supra... While that's the only decent vehicle made by the big Toy, it's not worth it. High insurance for a not all that great car.

Because I don't really like a stick truck, I drive my grandpas and don't really like it, and maual in car for better acceleration. Well, would a Eclipse or MX-7 be better?

Guest some fag
Because I don't really like a stick truck, I drive my grandpas and don't really like it, and maual in car for better acceleration. Well, would a Eclipse or MX-7 be better?

Buy an American car (domestic). Besides, you don't want a faster/fancier car for your first car- you'll smash it up and realize later on you wasted your money.

Guest some fag
Well, Im talking about buying a stock car, then upgrading it over the years, I want a projesct me and my dad can work on.

Thats the thing. Buy a cheap-o car for your first few years of daily driving, and then purchase a project car. It's the only logical/smart solution, unless you want a project car that ends up becoming a project every weekend.

I want a projesct me and my dad can work on.

OMG

WHAT ABOUT THE ONE I POSTED! Drop a 340 Wedge in there, put some on new paint, add a six-pac. BAM! You got your self a car that you could re-sell (not that you would want to), for at least 40 K. Trust me, I know Mopars.