Sign in to follow this  
Ghost X

High ram usage

Hi,

I got a problem with my pc, it has high RAM usage and I don't know if this is normal.

I got 8Gb RAM which should be plenty and I run Windows 7 64-Bit.

In the attachments, you can see all my running tasks.

Is this normal or not?

Thanks

Sorry it's Dutch, so if you need a translation just ask me.

post-15174-0-23871300-1360266071_thumb.p

post-15174-0-90468900-1360266077_thumb.p

Edited by Ghost

jesus fucking christ, you got ALOT of processes running.

I have at any given time maybe 20-25 processes running.

Get off of XP noob.

Onto the topic. Nothing looks really out of place? I mean it doesn't look like anything is taking up that much memory, I mean if you're not capping it there is really nothing to worry about, if I were to guess I suppose you would be around 4gb maybe a little less of usage. That's fine and normal. I hope that answered your question.

I decided to open every website page i went to (history today) today in tabs... about 90 pages and only used 1.5GB of memory. Sort of love having 12 GB I can do that sort of shit and it wont matter.

Apart from the number of processes nothing really screams a red flag to me, is your computer running slow or something?

Edited by BLiNDBoi

wtf is all that?

"awesome process" ?

please tell me you photoshopped 70% of all those ...

No, I googled awesomium and it's related to games and stuff.

The reason why I ask is because a lot of ram was in use, but i restarted my pc and it's fine now. Thanks

Get off of XP noob.

Onto the topic. Nothing looks really out of place? I mean it doesn't look like anything is taking up that much memory, I mean if you're not capping it there is really nothing to worry about, if I were to guess I suppose you would be around 4gb maybe a little less of usage. That's fine and normal. I hope that answered your question.

been on 7 for 4 years now.

maybe you need to learn how to manage your system.

Guest Fohacidal

Holy fuck I dont even know where to begin with that clusterfuck of a processes list.

Get off of XP noob.

I'm sorry, I'm not convinced, I just booted into safe mode at work and it starts at 20 running processes. Nevermind if you have anything else open, so unless you're running in safe mode all the time I'm not convinced.

Get off of XP noob.

I'm sorry, I'm not convinced, I just booted into safe mode at work and it starts at 20 running processes. Nevermind if you have anything else open, so unless you're running in safe mode all the time I'm not convinced.

With this, I'm convinced you're retarded. And my vote counts -5!

Oooooohhh 5555 posts

Edited by mlob

Get off of XP noob.

Both of my computers are running Windows 7 64bit, yet my laptop on average is running 15 more processes than my desktop.

Even after eradicating the bloatware my laptop still has more processes running than my clean install of Windows on my desktop.

I only have 25 programs running max on my desktop at any point in time with steam and csgo and chrome open.

Laptop however, Id be lucky to keep it under 35.