Sign in to follow this  
Joscal

Direct Command Freeze

Today I was informed that the warden yelling freeze implies no detours and delays.

It makes sense in a way because you can't detour out of a freeze.

But they insisted that in motd it states that you don't have to say no detours and delays when you give the command.

Can't find it.

This is a good point. I've also been told that saying "All T's Freeze" is in and of itself invalid, however I can't anything in the MOTD that supports that.

i believe if someone taking over as warden thats a invalid order "i be taking over as warden... all t's freeze with no detour or delaying"

Edited by infested marine

Also, I think we need to get a "Rule Clarification" thread pinned to the JB sub forum. There seems to be a lot of these lately.

the all ts freeze part is from css when taking over warden =\ don't know if it got carried over

btw if you think about it saying freeze without saying no detour or delay means they can go any where they want before actually freezing >_>

When taking over warden you cannot say "all T's freeze" that is invalid. You must give a command sending the T's somewhere, like one step left or right and freeze, or go to kiddy pool and freeze. As for freeze as a direct command that is true, if you are having the T's follow you and then you say all T's freeze that is a direct command and doesn't need to be followed by no deets or delays. The reason it is confusing is because when you tell T's any orders before freezing they can deet and delay on those orders before finishing and freezing.

Edited by Youngz

When taking over warden you cannot say "all T's freeze" that is invalid. You must give a command sending the T's somewhere, like one step left or right and freeze, or go to kiddy pool and freeze. As for freeze as a direct command that is true, if you are having the T's follow you and then you say all T's freeze that is a direct command and doesn't need to be followed by no deets or delays. The reason it is confusing is because when you tell T's any orders before freezing they can deet and delay on those orders before finishing and freezing.

The current warden didnt take over if I recall, however I'm almost certain that no detours no delays is never impied, it isn't difficult to say after a command.

It really doesn't have to be this complicated if we just allowed new warden to say all t's freeze. I mean if they are in a game or some shit jumping around and you want them to freeze why the fuck do i have to tell them to move somewhere and then freeze. Mad stoopid.

It really doesn't have to be this complicated if we just allowed new warden to say all t's freeze. I mean if they are in a game or some shit jumping around and you want them to freeze why the fuck do i have to tell them to move somewhere and then freeze. Mad stoopid.

Ah see what I meant was the first order from taking over warden cannot be "all T's freeze" if you take over warden it is valid to say "continue with previous orders" I just meant you can't tell them to freeze with no other instructions.

Ah see what I meant was the first order from taking over warden cannot be "all T's freeze" if you take over warden it is valid to say "continue with previous orders" I just meant you can't tell them to freeze with no other instructions.

Is there a reason for this? I mean it's almost a pain in the ass to even get someone to take over warden as it is. We barely have a problem of people fighting over warden and the rule is pretty meh. Is it really going to hurt anything.

For saying no detours or delays on freeze commands MOTD states:

h. The warden must specify that the Ts cannot detour or delay when giving any command.

MOTD no longer specifies certain orders as direct commands that don't require saying no detours or delays. Over the last few years it's been one way or the other, back and fourth, unwritten rules enforced at admin discretion, very confusing. At one time freeze and having T's drop guns by name were both considered direct commands where "no detours and delays" were implied. For a short period "no detours and delays" were implied on all orders.

As of now the above MOTD reference seems pretty inclusive, "any command," which i can only assume includes the freeze command as well, which requires the warden to specify no detours or delays.

Also as Youngz said "freeze" is not valid to takeover warden after wardens dies, although MOTD no longer specifies this. MOTD also used to specifically say that "one step left or right and freeze" is also invalid. MOTD no longer states neither of these things all I found about that was:

c. In order to take over warden after the previous warden's death, you must be the first to give clear orders. (Similar to claiminig warden at the beginning of the round). Warden must be taken over within 30 seconds of the previous warden's death, or an irrevocable freeday will be called.

However at admin discretion still seems like both orders are invalid to take over as warden and I shall continue to enforce that untill higher ups change it I guess. Similar to taking warden over at the beginning of the round saying freeze is invalid, T's must be told to move somewhere valid to start the round so I figure this is the same as taking over warden after a warden dies.

Edited by Icon

Thanks, icon, platy was wardening when it happened and it sounded wrong to me.

I was just trying to make sure that there was no exception in the motd that I might have overlooked.

This had nothing to do with a warden death, it was a current warden, he may have fucked up his orders (I don't remember?), and then said all T's freeze.

Argument happened with him saying the direct command freeze doesn't have to have no deets and delays said.

oh when no deets and delays were implied, so many bad things...

Is there a reason for this? I mean it's almost a pain in the ass to even get someone to take over warden as it is. We barely have a problem of people fighting over warden and the rule is pretty meh. Is it really going to hurt anything.

I think the key is that when the warden dies its often chaotic and one of the best times for terrorists to rebel and win the round. It's a cop out for a ct to simply say "all ts freeze", usually they're yelling it in almost a panic because they're not ready to be warden. Allowing that command would take any the advantage for terrorists during warden deaths

ITT: Another argument about a rule not specifically written on MOTD.

Wardens used to be able to say freeze at any time during a round and the terrorists would have to then freeze immediately.

Having to say no detours/delays from what I understand really puts a hassle on the CT's who may have a lot of terrorists running trying to rebel; are given a few more seconds to do what the fuck ever they want.

I think that's pretty gay.

I think it's legit to say freeze, just not as a first command like others have said used to be a rule in css

Yeh, I think to be really safe one should just say "All Ts run to the closest wall and freeze, no deets no deels" (or wherever is in sight).

btw if I remember correctly if freeze command was a direct order

i could of use it in simon says which i did but was told by an admin that it wasn't a direct command

c. In order to take over warden after the previous warden's death, you must be the first to give clear orders. (Similar to claiminig warden at the beginning of the round). Warden must be taken over within 30 seconds of the previous warden's death, or an irrevocable freeday will be called.

However at admin discretion still seems like both orders are invalid to take over as warden and I shall continue to enforce that untill higher ups change it I guess. Similar to taking warden over at the beginning of the round saying freeze is invalid, T's must be told to move somewhere valid to start the round so I figure this is the same as taking over warden after a warden dies.

They were removed because they were stupid. As long as someone gives an order, they're the new warden. It got to the point where nobody would give "valid" orders to take over anyway, and people just went with it.

Forcing them to say something other than just freeze just lets the Ts rebel and ends the round.