Sign in to follow this  
fontaine

DarkRP theme idea

^

the last attempt at dark rp died out after the first few weeks wasn't it?

that's because i didn't know about it

in response to OP's post, it seems like something sG would be good at, mostly because all of our servers are weird gamemodes, not just stock stuff. I WANT IT

Edited by KGame

^

the last attempt at dark rp died out after the first few weeks wasn't it?

that's because i didn't know about it

in response to OP's post, it seems like something sG would be good at, mostly because all of our servers are weird gamemodes, not just stock stuff. I WANT IT

No. We tried DarkRP, it didn't work. It's a gamemode that requires constant admin attention and that's just something we couldn't accomplish. If we brought back DarkRP, it would just crash and burn like it did before.

Edited by SexyBatman

No. We tried DarkRP, it didn't work. It's a gamemode that requires constant admin attention and that's just something we couldn't accomplish. If we brought back DarkRP, it would just crash and burn like it did before.

Don't act like you know why the server failed when you have no fucking idea.

The server failed because the entire populace of the server WAS admins and sG members, and eventually we all got bored and just stopped playing. The population sank like an anvil when pretty much all the regulars (myself included) stopped playing as regularly. It had nothing to do with a lack of admins. If anything, the constant admin circlejerks with RPGs and drugs everywhere was probably what prevented the server from establishing a non-sG-member populace.

Have this picture for good measure:

ipjMy.jpg

Edited by Dyscivist

Don't act like you know why the server failed when you have no fucking idea.

The server failed because the entire populace of the server WAS admins and sG members, and eventually we all got bored and just stopped playing. The population sank like an anvil when pretty much all the regulars (myself included) stopped playing as regularly. It had nothing to do with a lack of admins. If anything, the constant admin circlejerks with RPGs and drugs everywhere was probably what prevented the server from establishing a non-sG-member populace.

Have this picture for good measure:

ipjMy.jpg

Ahahaha oh god my sides from that picture.

I've got a lot of friends that play DarkRP and as long as that doesn't happen again (doubtful but w /e) I'm sure it would take off.

To be honest, that circlejerk you talked about just sounds like admin abuse to me..

I think an original Idea would be cool

Something like 1950's america would be good, we can have gangsters, mobs and LA noire shit

FUCKING THIS.

FUCKING. THIS.

Edited by KGame

[1/9/2013 3:23:02 PM] drug: zach are you trying to revive darkrp again

[1/9/2013 3:23:08 PM] ZachPL: mb

[1/9/2013 3:23:34 PM] ZachPL: i think the main reason it didnt work last time is because admins abusing really bad

[1/9/2013 3:23:42 PM] ZachPL: and perma banning everyone that propkilled..

And yeah, having something different with DarkRP could be fun and different its just someone has to take the time to code it, they have to know what they are doing. All the props and models also have to be available somehow. Creating a stock DarkRP server is easy, getting it the way everyone wants it is the hard part.

Also stricter building rules. I think people left immediately when they saw floating bases that were impossible to attack. Less clutter, less props, better experience.

meh, easy, just build your own props up to it.

[1/9/2013 3:23:34 PM] ZachPL: i think the main reason it didnt work last time is because admins abusing really bad

And yeah, having something different with DarkRP could be fun and different its just someone has to take the time to code it, they have to know what they are doing. All the props and models also have to be available somehow. Creating a stock DarkRP server is easy, getting it the way everyone wants it is the hard part.

i say let's do it! :)

Also stricter building rules. I think people left immediately when they saw floating bases that were impossible to attack. Less clutter, less props, better experience.

ur a dumbass

ur a dumbass

Not really...if there's a floating base you just build a platform up to it. Or a flying vehicle. I can make one out of certain standard GMod props.

getting it the way everyone wants it is the hard part.

Around 2 years ago, there was this Gmod RP server and the owner ran it how he wanted it to. A lot of people played on it because it stayed consistent and had a large map as well as plenty admin-run in character events.

I still don't understand why TTT is so popular.

Edited by Maow

ur a dumbass

Not really...if there's a floating base you just build a platform up to it. Or a flying vehicle. I can make one out of certain standard GMod props.

And this is the shit noone likes.

134631072387833.gif

If you want to go on DarkRP, get a group of guys in teamspeak and go on a DarkRP server. It's more fun because we can trash that server up without worrying about having to clean up afterwards. It's like throwing parties. Yea, it's cool, but it's a lot more fun to go to one that isn't risking the well-being of your home and furniture.

Edited by Blackmanvoice

134631072387833.gif

If you want to go on DarkRP, get a group of guys in teamspeak and go on a DarkRP server. It's more fun because we can trash that server up without worrying about having to clean up afterwards. It's like throwing parties. Yea, it's cool, but it's a lot more fun to go to one that isn't risking the well-being of your home and furniture.

quoting own post ftw

ur a dumbass

ur a dumbass

also if i remember correctly it was against the rules to build a sky bridge.

ur a dumbass

ur a dumbass

also if i remember correctly it was against the rules to build a sky bridge.

Im talking building anything outside in general. Like fucking tops of roofs that are unreachable by normal standards.