Sign in to follow this  
Nerd4Life

Blizzcon

This is the perfect place (and the only one I could think of) to ask if anyone has been to Blizzcon and what it's like. Is it any fun? I don't play any of the Blizzard games. The only thing I've managed to play in the last 6 months is Black Ops 2 but my boyfriend is going and I need a vacation. To go or not to go....

Considering all Blizzard games made after D2 are terrible, I'd imagine it sucks.

I've never even played one. I just figured it'd be a good excuse to see L.A. I don't even know what goes on at these things.

Blizzcon is in LA this year? That's a 30 minute drive for me.

So he says. He's gone to Cali before to these things and I've never been out of BC so I thought it would be fun. I just don't know what it is or what It's going to be like. I'm just hoping I get to see parts of Cali. I think we're going for 1 or 2 weeks depending on how much time I get off from work. Do you play Blizzard games?

LA's probably the worst part of California, but it'd still be worth the trip I suppose.

LAs not as bad as fucking Oakland, stfu

Los Angeles, San Diego, Orange County, Santa Barbara, San Jose, San Francisco are all worthy stops.

Really depends on what you're into, sightseeing, hiking/nature-shit, good food, good night life, something unique, etc., etc.,.

Los Angeles is a really nice place to sight see if you know where to go.

Considering all Blizzard games made after D2 are terrible, I'd imagine it sucks.

I've never even played one. I just figured it'd be a good excuse to see L.A. I don't even know what goes on at these things.

Blizzcon is in LA this year? That's a 30 minute drive for me.

So he says. He's gone to Cali before to these things and I've never been out of BC so I thought it would be fun. I just don't know what it is or what It's going to be like. I'm just hoping I get to see parts of Cali. I think we're going for 1 or 2 weeks depending on how much time I get off from work. Do you play Blizzard games?

I've always been a fan of Blizzard games, recently it has gone downhill but i'm still a fan.

I personally hate LA and i'm not a big fan of Hollywood, but Hollywood is nice to go see.

San Fran is legit. Tour of Alcatraz was actually really good if you're in to that stuff.

Palm springs if usually too hot to do anything except swim.

The beaches are really nice.

idk, Los Angeles has Koreatown, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Venice and Santa Monica. That's about a day of sightseeing (or two) and a good view over the nice parts of LA (maybe not so much ktown, but the food is dece).

SF has Castro Valley, Golden Gate Bridge, ATT Park, Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf/Pier39/ETC., cable cars, and a handful of other sightseeing places as well.

San Diego also has a nice slew of things to go see additionally.

Both are nice areas to see. Beaches are nice, personal favorite is the one near Santa Barbara and the Venice/Santa Monica one. The one in Newport Beach is also nice.

Tour of Alcatraz was actually really good if you're in to that stuff.

That would be sweet. He's already been but I could probably convince him to take me. I really want to see it.

SF has Castro Valley, Golden Gate Bridge, ATT Park, Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf/Pier39/ETC., cable cars, and a handful of other sightseeing places as well.

We actually went to Chinatown in downtown Vancouver just the other day. I'm really into learning about other cultures and I thought it was pretty neat but I wanna see more. I'll have to remember these things when we go! Now I'm all excited. :P

I've been to L.A. once and it was awesome, realy loved it there. It's definetly worth going there, however I wouldn't use blizzcon as a excuse and waste time there if you don't play any Blizzard game.

I play World of Warcraft and played Diablo 3 and I'm still not interested in Blizzcon. :P

If you're into ghosts/haunted shit then do the Alcatraz tour at night.

I am but I might literally pee myself if I did that. lol Is it really haunted?

Supposedly it is. But even if you're not into Blizzard games, why not. You said you've never left BC. You can spend most of the time exploring Southern California.