Sign in to follow this  
ChosenOne2000

Army Questions

out of curiosity how tall are you, how much do you weigh and how fast can you run a 2 mile?

I don't know my 2 mile, but my 1 mile is about an 8 minute mile. I'm 6' 1/2 -236lbs. 16 1/2 neck and at M.E.P.S. 40 inch waist, and at recruiter's 39 inch waist. I was 1% over the tape test.

6'6" and 230? Damn you are a big guy man. How old are you?

My bad, 6 feet an half an inch. The people at MEPS estimate the height up, so I figured it was worth mentioning that half inch.

Same age as you.

Edited by Marine

Guest Fohacidal

Ya work on the run though, even if basic will straighten you out a little bit you want to be able to at least run the 2 mile in a 16:30. For our age group thats all you need to get out of basic, once in AIT and passed that you will need a 15:56 to pass. Once you hit 22 however it turns into a 16:36 for 60 points. So like for me, in June my minimum run will go from a 15:56 up almost 40 seconds

Ya work on the run though, even if basic will straighten you out a little bit you want to be able to at least run the 2 mile in a 16:30. For our age group thats all you need to get out of basic, once in AIT and passed that you will need a 15:56 to pass. Once you hit 22 however it turns into a 16:36 for 60 points. So like for me, in June my minimum run will go from a 15:56 up almost 40 seconds

After the physical(If my tier eval passes) I'll be enrolled in the future soldier program, so they'll be making sure I meet the standard to make the next paygrade. I'm definitely going to make sure my 2:2:2 is as best as possible before shipping.

Guest Fohacidal

the army is bad, dont do it. Im trying to get a job at best buy for the discount!

wat

How old were you when you were enlisted/recruited into the military and at what age did you leave? :D

Or how long were you in the military?

Edited by DavidChenn

How old were you when you were enlisted/recruited into the military and at what age did you leave? :D

I signed my ROTC scholarship contract in 2000 (17 y/o) and I was commissioned in 2004 (21). I'm still in the Army and it will be 9 years in May.

Do you like how guns don't act like css guns? :D

The CSS M4 and the real life M4 are accurate.

I'm currently in Air Force ROTC. I enrolled Freshman year at age 20 and then contracted my Junior year at age 22.

If anybody has questions on the E side for the chairforce yall can ask me. I will be trying to go through OTS (Officer Training School) as soon as I finish my bachelors. I have been in for 2 and a half years and got early promotion so I am currently sitting at E-4 (Senior Airmen) and test for E-5 (Staff Sergeant) in a couple of weeks. I also fly the drones, and just got back from a deployment for them (obviously I cant talk too much specifically about it).

If anybody has questions on the E side for the chairforce yall can ask me. I will be trying to go through OTS (Officer Training School) as soon as I finish my bachelors. I have been in for 2 and a half years and got early promotion so I am currently sitting at E-4 (Senior Airmen) and test for E-5 (Staff Sergeant) in a couple of weeks. I also fly the drones, and just got back from a deployment for them (obviously I cant talk too much specifically about it).

EVER CRASHED ONE?

Was it ever your turn in the barrel? not sure if its just the navy or if all armed forces have a barrel.

Welcome back Howard! Damn, has it really been 2.5 years?

Cant say ^^^^VVVV

DUDE BUT YOU TOLD ME!!!!!!!

Also, let's say I wanted to join the US army, would it be possible, how hard would it be and how long of a process would it be?