Sign in to follow this  
BeauutifulChaos

Photography

Alright, so I have been into photography for about 2 years now. I have done multiple photo shoots but I have my first wedding this weekend and I am pretty nervous. >.<

I am not sure who else around here knows much about photography besides Coinstar and Mario, but if anyone has any tips or pointers that would be great and I would really appreciate it.

If you want to know spec/what I have, ask.

>.< Thanks. <3

Edited by BeauutifulChaos

You want to capture the moment, when they show there feelings. Right as the bride looks the groom in the eyes and says... "I don't" and runs off.

Bring extra film. Bring an 18% grey card if you got one for metering. You don't want the brides dress blindingly white and the card will help you ( if you got one). If its digital then well shit I can't help I'm a film camera kinda guy.

Extra memory/film never hurts. Assuming you've all your equipment all set (tripods, shoulder strap, flash etc.), I would just take photos when it feels natural, candid almost. Of course since it's a wedding, getting people to pose together can also make for great moments. Since it's a wedding, I wouldn't try anything too fancy like longer exposure shots. If you think a shot came out bad, don't worry! Hopefully you have good photo editing software to fix it!

Skill wise ... I think that's something most photographers gain over time. If your camera has auto-focus, be careful! It can be a nice feature but it can also blur out the edges around the subject when in actuality you might've wanted to get the whole scene. So basically be weary of the technology trying to help you. This goes for face trackers and such.

Lighting can be a problem outdoors mostly. But, if it's indoors or overcast outside, it's not a hassle. I could go on and on ... I hope this helps.

Good luck and don't be too hard on yourself or embarrassed to take a photo. Have fun and remember to take off the lens cap!

Edited by Lesbian Dad

Haha, it isnt often when a new member gets a chuckle out of me. gj kgame

Thanks, I try. I'd upvote that post, but...

Use your mobile phone and instagram the shit out of it.

Done. Will up the fancy filtered pic at home.

I'm on mobile, no upvote buttons. Do you not have anything else to do?

Who the fuck uses mobile?

This guy.

What do you have?

38DD I think

Ahahahaha Drug you are hilarious.

EDIT: I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

But not hard enough to upvote him apparently.

Upvoting is for posers.