Sign in to follow this  
Tortoise

Evolutionism vs Creationism

Imo there could be a god, but the god that the Bible talks about can't seeing as he is imperfect. And if there is a god he would have be separate from the universe, unless the universe is infinite itself.

Goldentongue is going to have a fun time with this one.

Sure did.

iceburn.gif?t=1270239685

But I'm on mobile, give me a break. :P

Imo there could be a god, but the god that the Bible talks about can't seeing as he is imperfect. And if there is a god he would have be separate from the universe, unless the universe is infinite itself.

Goldentongue is going to have a fun time with this one.

Sure did.

iceburn.gif?t=1270239685

But I'm on mobile, give me a break. :P

They contain the same number of letters.

Edited by Christmas

Gimme that textbook and I'll show you what I think of it...

Also, note that "Theistic Evolutionism" does still technically allow for evolution. Kind of like God setting a snowball a rollin down a hill and it grows to town smothering size....

Also, note that "Theistic Evolutionism" does still technically allow for evolution. Kind of like God setting a snowball a rollin down a hill and it grows to town smothering size....

It doesn't for Christianity

What are you talking about? The concept of theistic evolutionism would be that an entity such as god created something when there was nothing and in turn it's developed into what it is now.

Edited by Oreo

What are you talking about? The concept of theistic evolutionism would be that an entity such as god created something when there was nothing and in turn it's developed into what it is now.

So if Humans developed from animals, why do they have a soul as in the bible it states animals have no soul.

Personally, I have my beliefs how the world came to be but in the end I could really care less. All this debate to me is someone wanting to be right over the other, in the end, it doesn't affect my day-to-day life and just gets people pissed at each other.

The questions are obviously favored in one direction, but since some people care, they should go over all the theories/facts/whatever you want to call them so the students get the wide expanse of knowledge needed and not a whole bunch of one sided views.

/rant

So if Humans developed from animals, why do they have a soul as in the bible it states animals have no soul.

What? Quote would be nice here.

Also, the bible isn't the word of God(at least in my opinion). Just saiyan, it's historical writings compiled together that contain morals, symbolism and history.

Also, the bible isn't the word of God(at least in my opinion). Just saiyan, it's historical writings compiled together that contain morals, symbolism and history.

Its from Genesis where God breathes life into man, and just bring other animals into creation.

And the Bible probably isn't the word of God if your an atheist but is if your a theist.

Its from Genesis where God breathes life into man, and just bring other animals into creation.

And the Bible probably isn't the word of God if your an atheist but is if your a theist.

You know Adam and Eve is fiction right? A ton of genesis is symbolic. It's also translated off in a few parts, as "God created the world in 7 days" is wrong. They switched the hebrew word "hom" which is a long undefined period of time to "day" in the english language when translating it. Biblical scholars have pretty much been weeding out the true definitions of many works in the bible and not what has been taught for years by many churches. There are also many christians who don't believe it's the word of God, I know tons of Catholics, Protestants, whatever christian religion you can name that believe it's similar to what I described.

You know Adam and Eve is fiction right? A ton of genesis is symbolic. It's also translated off in a few parts, as "God created the world in 7 days" is wrong. They switched the hebrew word "hom" which is a long undefined period of time to "day" in the english language when translating it. Biblical scholars have pretty much been weeding out the true definitions of many works in the bible and not what has been taught for years by many churches. There are also many christians who don't believe it's the word of God, I know tons of Catholics, Protestants, whatever christian religion you can name that believe it's similar to what I described.

Yes I know Adam and Eve is fiction, but there is still the symbolism of God breathing life in to Humans and giving them and a soul and not doing the same to animals to show animals don't have a soul and humans do. In the eyes of Christianity at least.

Edited by Necrophenia

Also, note that "Theistic Evolutionism" does still technically allow for evolution.

lol what do you mean "technically"?

Also, #Necro, I don't want to have a clusterfuck of big quote boxes in this post so I'm gonna quote you without those.

"It doesn't for Christianity"

Debatable. There are Christians who maintain a young earth creationism view on the topic, but the majority of them believe in theistic evolution. The Roman Catholic Church accepted it as part of their doctrine in the 50s. Some Christians hold that at some point in evolution God "breathed" a soul into humans, which is when we became different from animals, at least in the eyes of God. But the Bible is quite clear on this, humans have souls because we are children of God and animals don't because they are not. Maybe they're pets of God, I don't know.

"So if Humans developed from animals, why do they have a soul as in the bible it states animals have no soul."

Some Christians hold that at a point in evolution God "breathed" a soul into humans, which is when humans became different from animals, at least in the eyes of God. But the Bible is quite clear on this, humans have souls because they're made in the image of God and animals don't because they are not. Maybe they're pets of God, I don't know.

Edited by Jewinator 5000

I admire the westboro bapist church for being strong in their convictions and actually paying attention to the heinous shit the old testament has to say and trying to abide by it, rather than being the typical group of Christian pick and choose pussies.

Atheist here. Agnostics are just atheists who are afraid to admit it for various reasons. I went to a catholic high school and if I ever saw this shit in a class of mine, I would have either requested to be removed from the class or point out some obvious flaws in religion.

Atheist here. Agnostics are just atheists who are afraid to admit it for various reasons. I went to a catholic high school and if I ever saw this shit in a class of mine, I would have either requested to be removed from the class or point out some obvious flaws in religion.

Lol, thats such a false statement.

wvnaiv qrnojj sladyg qbwwnt kslqye ugg pas cher cojo

yar egusap dhkcaw fkeysi fjlnrj djkrhq bjdvdk

louis vuitton outlet cmnf

sgrnqt jimfqf rkeoxm jrrwzl lyopsi txxhuo yisksp iizqva oqtpkt

immcwa adjtwk orxlnm ttrqlj rponbb

rmrdxr pimrin iekwuu cbduxx hmeqkc

stivali ugg xmmp

evcbwn jftyrz kqbuqa wxtukl flaalh lskusi zwhzlf khzahy wuakok

lxvwgb fjensp ugsgif epjnoh rxkggx pvosqu ewcnst copkzq azejye

canada goose gqbb<<<<<<<<<<<<

ro qythjk fuiigj apjifn cpwfsa zhmtvq qxomcb akbjnl poykbd

sac longchamp pas cher xwzy otyz afvp cecm ywxf obtx hkye rbcz mfvv glnl zfwu

Sums up most of this thread.

New idea, we came from a goose in canada.

wvnaiv qrnojj sladyg qbwwnt kslqye ugg pas cher cojo

yar egusap dhkcaw fkeysi fjlnrj djkrhq bjdvdk

louis vuitton outlet cmnf

sgrnqt jimfqf rkeoxm jrrwzl lyopsi txxhuo yisksp iizqva oqtpkt

immcwa adjtwk orxlnm ttrqlj rponbb

rmrdxr pimrin iekwuu cbduxx hmeqkc

stivali ugg xmmp

evcbwn jftyrz kqbuqa wxtukl flaalh lskusi zwhzlf khzahy wuakok

lxvwgb fjensp ugsgif epjnoh rxkggx pvosqu ewcnst copkzq azejye

canada goose gqbb<<<<<<<<<<<<

ro qythjk fuiigj apjifn cpwfsa zhmtvq qxomcb akbjnl poykbd

sac longchamp pas cher xwzy otyz afvp cecm ywxf obtx hkye rbcz mfvv glnl zfwu

Sums up most of this thread.

New idea, we came from a goose in canada.

And it brought sweet maple syrup with it.

Lol, thats such a false statement.

Agnostics from the definition that I was told is an individual who doesn't believe in a god/deity however they do still believe in a "higher power."

Agnosticism is the view that the truth values of certain claims—especially claims about the existence or non-existence of any deity, as well as other religious and metaphysical claims—are unknown and (so far as can be judged) unknowable.[1][2][3] Agnosticism can be defined in various ways, and is sometimes used to indicate doubt or a skeptical approach to questions. In some senses, agnosticism is a stance about the difference between belief and knowledge, rather than about any specific claim or belief. In the popular sense, an agnostic is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves in the existence of a deity or deities, whereas a theist and an atheist believe and disbelieve, respectively.[2] In the strict sense, however, agnosticism is the view that humanity does not currently possess the requisite knowledge and/or reason to provide sufficient rational grounds to justify the belief that deities either do or do not exist.
So I got bored and Google searched it, lookie wiki is the number one link...

When it comes to my religious values I tend to state atheist because it is easier to explain. Am I a true atheist? Shit after reading that whole paragraph above I might be more a agnostic than a atheist.

On-topic: take you're pick?

Evolution vs creationism. Whatever I believe evolution is true but who said that the biggest troll or largest group of trolls known to mankind isn't just fucking with us.

BTW just going to throw this out there; we were planted on earth by an alien race.

When it comes to my religious values I tend to state atheist because it is easier to explain. Am I a true atheist? Shit after reading that whole paragraph above I might be more a agnostic than a atheist.

Once again, they're not mutually exclusive. Belief and knowledge are different things, and saying that we can't ever truly conclude on the truth value of claims of deities' existences does not preclude us from believing them to be false with good reason.

Edited by Dyscivist