Sign in to follow this  
Mitch

Is homosexuality genetic?

Do you believe homosexuality is genetic?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe homosexuality is genetic?

• Yes, biology plays a part.
    • No, it's a choice and not science.

Biology obviously plays a part. That doesn't mean that it's 100% genetic, or even that there is a specific gene that directly correlates to homosexuality.

Also, ascribing someone's preferences to a choice is erroneous as all hell. Gay people choose to crave cock as much as pedophiles choose to want to fuck kids or objectophiles choose to fall in love with inanimate objects or I choose to love vanilla ice cream. That is to say, not at all.

Edited by Dyscivist

No doubt in my mind that biology doesn't play a part. That's entirely irrelevant to the morality issue concerning it. If you begin to comment on how if it's biological it must be right, you then have to allow alcoholism and drug addiction as being moral. I think it's dangerous ground for both groups, for and against, to base any weight in the biological reference.

No doubt in my mind that biology doesn't play a part. That's entirely irrelevant to the morality issue concerning it. If you begin to comment on how if it's biological it must be right, you then have to allow alcoholism and drug addiction as being moral. I think it's dangerous ground for both groups, for and against, to base any weight in the biological reference.

I have never heard of gayness killing anybody.

Some people have to be wise enough to say "I don't know". Gays are my patients too. The stuff they go through once they're out, no one would willing choose that. I can give you many examples indicating its biology, but to say I know exactly what causes homosexuality is ignorant.

In the military, gays were murdered prior to the repeal of DADT

Edited by ChosenOne2000

The bottom line is that homosexuality is a result of the confluence of genetics reacting to and in their environment, and neither nature nor nurture are irrelevant in what ends up as one's sexual preference(s).

Edited by Dyscivist

Some people have to be wise enough to say "I don't know". Gays are my patients too. The stuff they go through once they're out, no one would willing choose that. I can give you many examples indicating its biology, but to say I know exactly what causes homosexuality is ignorant.

So which part of the gay caused them to suddenly keel over? That's the point I'm trying to make.

Gayness isn't killing them, hatred and ignorant bigotry is.

Guest Fohacidal

Eh, this issue is way to broad to simple narrow it down to 2 choices. I ended up voting its not biologically influenced and more of a choice simply because I dont understand enough of the nuances and quirks of the human psyche to say how homosexuality or bisexuality come about; its even been recorded with animals a few times. The problem I have wrapping my head around this is that we are biologically influenced to be attracted to the opposite sex for the means of procreation, you know, spreading your seed and shit. So what then causes the switch to go for the same sex, or both sexes even. I dont know, I dont even want to go into dycsivists comment on comparing gay people with pedophiles, wtf bro?

I will say this though, I love the fucking vaj, but if a bro wants a good dicking too more power to him....

...as long as he doesnt dick me, then we aint bros no more. Bro rape is a crime

edit: disregard my dyscisivisisisvisiisticicsiyiscsit comment

Edited by Fohacidal

Eh, this issue is way to broad to simple narrow it down to 2 choices. I ended up voting its not biologically influenced and more of a choice simply because I dont understand enough of the nuances and quirks of the human psyche to say how homosexuality or bisexuality come about; its even been recorded with animals a few times. The problem I have wrapping my head around this is that we are biologically influenced to be attracted to the opposite sex for the means of procreation, you know, spreading your seed and shit. So what then causes the switch to go for the same sex, or both sexes even. I dont know, I dont even want to go into dycsivists comment on comparing gay people with pedophiles, wtf bro?

I will say this though, I love the fucking vaj, but if a bro wants a good dicking too more power to him....

I don't think you understand what he meant by that comparison.

Guest Fohacidal

I don't think you understand what he meant by that comparison.

Fuck you are right, I just scanned through the posts like a dickface.

Nature & nurture bros, I'm relatively sure any psychological factor in one's life is the result of genetics, experiences, mutation, and thereby how neural pathways have been formed during one's development.

Gayness isn't killing them, hatred and ignorant bigotry is.

That and HIV.

That's about as close as you can get to pointing out a harmful aspect of homosexuality, but even that can be

A: Transmitted through heterosexual couples as well

B: Easily prevented.

Anyone who thinks homosexuality is a choice is blatantly denying decades of scientific research and understanding and should burn their highschool diplomas. When it comes to matters of biology, I'd suggest you listen to the damn biologists.

Edited by Goldentongue

There is so much fail in this thread. I have no doubt it stems from random google searches and uninformed opinions.

what are your thoughts doctor? Be thorough for I am uninformed. ^_^

Edit: my sig fits this thread

Edited by Freekiller #3

I think the option that says "biology plays a part" is correct. Reasoning: some animals butt fuck other ones.

I voted biology doesn't play a role, but now that you put it that way, I'm not sure