Sign in to follow this  
Goldentongue

Barack Obama Re-Elected as President

I just laugh at everyone on Facebook saying his victory had nothing to do with his skin color. Face it a huge majority of America votes based on what the person looks like and how they talk. 450 African American students waited outside our student center at my campus to vote at 8 am. 448 voted for Obama. 75 were quickly interviewed 68 knew 1 or none political stances of either candidate. Popularity contest like anything else.

Still waiting for Arnold Schwarzenegger to run, we need a muscular president to protect us from terrorism.

>Bashes people for their ignorance on civics.

>Thinks an Austrian is eligible to become President of the United States.

Ok Shadow.

Ignorance on your part assuming I lacked the knowledge that the president must be a native citizen.

Seriously? What tone do you think that last statement I made had? Super seriousness apparently.

I know he is not eligible, but the whole controversy with the Obama birth certificate and what not had Arnold all wild up, which had him thinking he should be entitled to run too, since Obama was probably born in Kenya.

Stop being so butthurt since your girlfriend isn't doing too well in the application process.

Edited by Shadow

I got bashed pretty hard at my work place. I'm the only non-white person in management at my grocery store, and I was the only cashier for the night (everyone else was given the day off to vote, I told them I'd vote in the morning then come in).

I work in the only metropolitan conservative county in california.

"Romney should have won, so punks like you know your place"

"Obama is just giving our hard earned money to beaners like you on a plate"

"Illegal immigrants like you shouldn't be allowed to vote"

"Obama is the worst of the two evils"

"Obama's a communist"

"What's with the smirk on your face you (racial asian slur), there's no pride to be had when a black man's running for this country"

"I feel sorry for you poor little stupid boy. Your retarded choices have doomed your future for the rest of your life. You're going to look back one day and regret this. You don't know what's coming in the next four years."

- I didn't even prompt anything from them. I'm a cashier at a grocery store and I'm just casually wearing the "I VOTED" sticker like the rest of the employees. I only stated once (to a customer I knew well, and he didn't make any smartass remark he just said I have a right to my choice) that I voted Obama. All these other baby boomer old customers (especially the racist ladies) just came through my line and started talking shit about Obama to no end. They also had the smart idea to automatically assume that I voted democratic (which was true, but still an asshole thing to assume and start cussing at me for).

I love my job, I just hate the place I live in. The people in their 18s to lower 40s are fine, but get any older and they just blindly make stupid remarks against Obama. Sure, they're rich and wealthy - I can see why they vote romney, but it's fucking hilarious to see the old ignorant ladies who work at the grocery store with me supporting romney when obama is probably the reason why they received a decent amount of government support to supplement their income.

I just laugh at everyone on Facebook saying his victory had nothing to do with his skin color. Face it a huge majority of America votes based on what the person looks like and how they talk. 450 African American students waited outside our student center at my campus to vote at 8 am. 448 voted for Obama. 75 were quickly interviewed 68 knew 1 or none political stances of either candidate. Popularity contest like anything else.

Still waiting for Arnold Schwarzenegger to run, we need a muscular president to protect us from terrorism.

Schwarzenegger is probably one of the worst Californian governors to date.

He single handedly (exaggeration, but hey if everyone else can put the blame in one person, why can't I) ruined the best public university system in the world with his economic policies for the state.

I got bashed pretty hard at my work place. I'm the only non-white person in management at my grocery store, and I was the only cashier for the night (everyone else was given the day off to vote, I told them I'd vote in the morning then come in).

I work in the only metropolitan conservative county in california.

"Romney should have won, so punks like you know your place"

"Obama is just giving our hard earned money to beaners like you on a plate"

"Illegal immigrants like you shouldn't be allowed to vote"

"Obama is the worst of the two evils"

"Obama's a communist"

"What's with the smirk on your face you (racial asian slur), there's no pride to be had when a black man's running for this country"

"I feel sorry for you poor little stupid boy. Your retarded choices have doomed your future for the rest of your life. You're going to look back one day and regret this. You don't know what's coming in the next four years."

ahaha, woooow. Crazy.

I thought Arnie was one of the better govs

he was governor from 03 to 11, pretty much screwed over the UC system, including berkeley, ucla and ucsd by cutting back on funding allocated for education, forcing the universities to create fee hikes.

lc3wg7-lc3wfk2011ucfees.gif

not to mention he was just a pretty conservative socially, shot down gay marriage, shot down legalizing marijuana and a handful of other issues.

also did some last minute b/s where he took some politician's son (some state congressman's son) and pardoned him of his death sentence. some b/s like that, it was pretty significant in california news at the time.

I wore this shirt yesterday, from the show Homeland.

BRODY-2012.jpg

And the looks I got made me feel like I was going to get stabbed over a fictional political candidate. I'm especially not looking to going to work in the next 10 minutes, since most the people in my area at work voted Mitt, while I voted the opposition to their views.

Edited by Marine

Guest Fohacidal

I hate how people seem to think we are owned by China. We arent fucking owned by China, a majority of our debts are held stateside...

In other news, Colorado is now a pot haven. Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened.

Still illegal to possess and distribute pot in Colorado though.

In other news, FUCK.

I'm slightly confused on how it's illegal federally, but now legal on the state side.

Does that mean if the government feels like it they can still charge you?

basically the federal government will send raids but the state government will leave it alone.

I'm slightly confused on how it's illegal federally, but now legal on the state side.

basically the federal government will send raids but the state government will leave it alone.

Kinda stupid and counter productive, but whatever...

Now I know why it took so long for Romney to write his conceding speech last night.

in other words, yes the federal government can still charge you.

It is absolutely adorable that you actually think there are more voters out there who voted FOR the president simply because he is black than those who voted AGAINST him because of that same fact. I'm not sure where you're from, but here in the south I've seen terms like Nigger and Spade thrown around all the time to describe Barack Obama for the past 5 years. I've actively heard people say "I will never vote for a nigger for office." That entire swath of states from Montana, down to Texas, and then over to Georgia is chock full of racists chomping at the bit to "dethrone the nigger king" (a facebook quote from a recently unfriended "friend")

Minorities make up a larger portion of lower socioeconomic classes, which Mitt Romney simply can't relate to, and his policies offer far fewer benefits for them than Obama's. Young and well educated persons also tend to vote primarily democrat. So we have young, college attending black people. What reason would a significant number of young minorities have to vote for Mitt Romney? Just about zero.

PS, black people don't really care if you call them black. African American just takes too long to type out.

PPS: LOL! Shadow is a birther! Retard alert! If this is one of the "issues" you based your decision on, I would consider those 68/75 to be far better informed than you. Better to have little to no understanding than to be sucked in by lies, mistruths, and conspiracy theories. I bet you think Jeep is shipping jobs to China, too.

Guest Fohacidal

It is absolutely adorable that you actually think there are more voters out there who voted FOR the president simply because he is black than those who voted AGAINST him because of that same fact. I'm not sure where you're from, but here in the south I've seen terms like Nigger and Spade thrown around all the time to describe Barack Obama for the past 5 years. I've actively heard people say "I will never vote for a nigger for office." That entire swath of states from Montana, down to Texas, and then over to Georgia is chock full of racists chomping at the bit to "dethrone the nigger king" (a facebook quote from a recently unfriended "friend")

Minorities make up a larger portion of lower socioeconomic classes, which Mitt Romney simply can't relate to, and his policies offer far fewer benefits for them than Obama's. Young and well educated persons also tend to vote primarily democrat. So we have young, college attending black people. What reason would a significant number of young minorities have to vote for Mitt Romney? Just about zero.

PS, black people don't really care if you call them black. African American just takes too long to type out.

PPS: LOL! Shadow is a birther! Retard alert! If this is one of the "issues" you based your decision on, I would consider those 68/75 to be far better informed than you. Better to have little to no understanding than to be sucked in by lies, mistruths, and conspiracy theories. I bet you think Jeep is shipping jobs to China, too.

LOOK AT ME IM SO SMART I RESORT TO AD HOMINEM

Actually I do that all the time but only because Im explicitly a douchebag

When did I even post my political views or anything related to my own beliefs in politics? I posted a fun statistic that my friend is doing research on. When did I ever say that the majority of people do this one way or another? I said a majority votes based on what a candidate looks like or how they speak, which I am sure statistically speaking the percentage is quite high. I never stated or even implied that Obama received more votes for being black than Romney getting votes for being white.

The reason the study is based off of African Americans is because majority of non-African students did not vote on my campus, me being one of them, because lack of interest or in my case disliking both candidates and not agreeing with their stances on majority of the issues. Also my friend is African American, which is why he is interested in other African Americans decisions compared to his own.

You seem to have done a lot of assuming and misinterpreting, which proceeds to you using ad hominem in argument that doesn't exist.

Since you seem to have wanted to engage a response from me here is one

Minorities make up a larger portion of lower socioeconomic classes, which Mitt Romney simply can't relate to

Oh tell me more about how Obama grew up in the lower socioeconomic class. Since you decided to imply that Obama can better understand the lower classes because of what? His non-existent experience, his huge intellect advantage over Romney, which also doesn't exist, or because he is half African-american?

Guest Fohacidal

Minorities make up a larger portion of lower socioeconomic classes, which Mitt Romney simply can't relate to

Oh tell me more about how Obama grew up in the lower socioeconomic class. Since you decided to imply that Obama can better understand the lower classes because of what? His non-existent experience, his huge intellect advantage over Romney, which also doesn't exist, or because he is half African-american?

You are making me facepalm so hard right now

Ignorance on your part assuming I lacked the knowledge that the president must be a native citizen.

Seriously? What tone do you think that last statement I made had? Super seriousness apparently.

I know he is not eligible, but the whole controversy with the Obama birth certificate and what not had Arnold all wild up, which had him thinking he should be entitled to run too, since Obama was probably born in Kenya.

Stop being so butthurt since your girlfriend isn't doing too well in the application process.

Hey, you want want to say idiotic and childish shit?

I'll treat you like an idiotic child. There is no birth certificate controversy. There never was. It's a baseless and foolish conspiracy theory that even most Republicans have rejected. If you actually believe it has any validity, then yeah, it's pretty fair to assume you're ignorant and stupid enough to think Schwarzenegger can be president, or would be any good at it.

And what the fuck does this have to do with Tucker? If you don't have an argument, then shut the fuck up. Don't throw around unrelated attacks. Not mention apparently she's not my girlfriend, she's PorknChili's. Didn't you see the thread?

Also:

the whole controversy with the Obama birth certificate and what not had Arnold all wild up

Maybe you've had your skull bashed in so many times you've developed a speech impediment and you say it that way, but when you type it out, the phrase is "all riled up", not "all wild up". He became angry, not a jungle cat.

Edited by Goldentongue

the whole controversy with the Obama birth certificate and what not had Arnold all wild up

Maybe you've had your skull bashed in so many times you've developed a speech impediment and you say it that way, but when you type it out, the phrase is "all riled up", not "all wild up". He became angry, not a jungle cat.

thats sG | Wune you're thinking of

Hey, you want want to say idiotic and childish shit?

I'll treat you like an idiotic child. There is no birth certificate controversy. There never was. It's a baseless and foolish conspiracy theory that even most Republicans have rejected. If you actually believe it has any validity, then yeah, it's pretty fair to assume you're ignorant and stupid enough to think Schwarzenegger can be president, or would be any good at it.

And what the fuck does this have to do with Tucker? If you don't have an argument, then shut the fuck up. Don't throw around unrelated attacks. Not mention apparently she's not my girlfriend, she's PorknChili's. Didn't you see the thread?

There was a controversy at a point in time. Never said it was true or not, but at the time Arnold spoke about it, which is what I stated, but if you want to make assumptions I'll treat you like an idiotic child. Never stated it was truthful or not, or if I believe it or not.

I seemed to have touched a nerve there. The point is you attacked my post of what I think the election is, a popularity contest, without much actual thought besides physical appeal and dedication to a "party". I posted a statistic my buddy did then played on the popularity aspect of my point by saying Arnold would be a good president because of his muscle tone or more so his popularity of being a successful actor and physically superior to most.

It was taken too literal from what in my perspective seemed to be an obvious joke especially on the play of Arnold and terrorism.

Arnold really was all wild up.

Edited by Shadow

Guest Fohacidal

You people take this internet shit too seriously

*cue audience laughter*

OH NO YOU DIDNT FOHACIDAL!

*Foh turns to the stage right camera while biting his lip, camera zooms in on his face*

"OH YES I DID!"

*screen fades to black with more laughter in the background, women in the audience are giving birth to baby obamas almost spontaenously, atheism is the mandated state non-religion, one man laughs so hard he chokes to death only to be revived temporarily by GabeN portaling into the audience and taking his essence while leaving a number "3" burned into the wall as he portals out*

When did I even post my political views or anything related to my own beliefs in politics? (1.) I posted a fun statistic that my friend is doing research on. When did I ever say that the majority of people do this one way or another? I said a majority votes based on what a candidate looks like or how they speak, which I am sure statistically speaking the percentage is quite high. I never stated or even implied that Obama received more votes for being black than Romney getting votes for being white. (.2)

Derp derp derp EDIT: It looks like you are denying that you align yourself with the birther movement, despite claiming here that you think the president was born in Kenya. You're more unsteady on your words than Mitt Romney was when confronted with things he said in the Republican primaries.

2. You asserted, based upon your very small sampling, that he won in part because he was black. You say that a huge majority of America votes based upon how candidates look or talk. There is an absolute inference here, through your assertion about his victory being based upon skin color, that you think more people voted for him for being black than voted against him for the same. Maybe you misspoke or didn't say what you meant to, I'll let you have that out.

The reason the study is based off of African Americans is because majority of non-African students did not vote on my campus, me being one of them, because lack of interest or in my case disliking both candidates and not agreeing with their stances on majority of the issues. Also my friend is African American, which is why he is interested in other African Americans decisions compared to his own.

You seem to have done a lot of assuming and misinterpreting, which proceeds to you using ad hominem in argument that doesn't exist.

There are no logical fallacies in my statements. I've laid out what you said, and what that means logically. The only person you can blame for how your statements are interpreted is you. Like I said up there, maybe you didn't say what you meant to.

Since you seem to have wanted to engage a response from me here is one

The reason Obama can be assumed to better understand lower socioeconomic classes is based upon his political stances, which he has backed up in his first term. He's set in motion the Affordable Care Act, which will extend to all citizens the ability to gain health care coverage. This is huge for the lowest rungs of our society, who could be financially crippled by an unexpected health incident. They have an umbrella coming in 2014. Mitt Romney wanted to remove that. Just in case you missed it, there was also this movement during the Obama presidency called the Occupy movement. It involved a large portion of lower socioeconomic classes being fed up with paying a larger portion of the tax dollars proportional to those who control the majority of the country's wealth. The president embraced this movement, running on a budget plan that involved both closing tax loophooles for the wealthy and asking that they pitch in more through taxes. Mitt Romney on the other hand, went on to, on video, paint 47% of Americans as paying no income taxes, who loaf around and suck the blood of the government. This all while he himself refused to release the standard amount of tax refunds (12 years, which his father started) that presidential candidates release. All signs point to this being because he wished to keep secret from America just how readily he participates in tax avoidance programs. An exectutive from Bain Capital, which Mitt Romney owns, stated that Romney may have payed ZERO dollars in income taxes because of the loopholes he utilized. Maybe he wished to hide the fact that he greatly benefited from the stimulus which he so readily attacks as having failed. The years he did release showed that he paid a lower percentage of taxes on his vast amount of earnings than I do on my mediocre salary. He pays 9% less of his income to taxes than I do. THESE are the reasons Barack Obama can more closely relate to the lower socioeconomic classes. He cares about them, his policies prove it. Mitt can't say that same.

Also, It is cute that you tried to paint me me into a corner by assuming that the only reasons he could possibly relate better would be a lack of experience (Compared to Romney, who won ONE election in his entire life? Huh? And he couldn't even win the state in which he won that election), an intellectual advantage, or because of his blackness. And you claim that I made assumptions.

You can sit down now.

Edited by Longcat