Sign in to follow this  
Don Danzone

Who the fuck decided this

The nerf was done 6 months ago or so, from 60 to 30...

I don't think they nerfed it again, the problem was that it gave bhoppers a way to high advantage, IE zombies, the socks are for races that already have LJ/TP, to make it easier, not to archive 3 times movement speed.

Basically, it was originally 50% then got nerfed to 30%. This was done long ago but for some reason a couple months ago it was changed back to 50% again, and now once again it has been placed back at 30%. Either way it is fine for me, I still will bhop with it on my zombie, only do it to evade damage not to get around.

I remember the old zombie(1000hp no damage reduction) and shopmenu where you could buy damage reduction, evasion and ice totem. I remember getting fire-squaded by 4-5 people and I didn't die. However I got booted from the server for overflow or something like that all because I got a million chat prompts of evasion and broken freeze.

Edited by BLiNDBoi

The zombie I was talking about was when evasion and damage reduction items were still under the defense category which you can purchase two items. With the current system this is impossible and not wise, ice totem > evasion for zombies additionally the damage reduction won't stack :(

The only reason zombie has 400hp and 60% damage reduction was because of "infecting the floor." After a steam update anyone with more than 500 hp would have a camera view from the floor which sucked total ass.

RPG Race, Troll, Selene and a lot of other longjump races that don't get low grav can take full advantage of this. I can agree with you that you can't get where you want, but there are plenty of races that can do it without the item. ;)

I personally think this item should be buffed, but restricted to only a few classes.

Cant jump on anything with this 30%

As I mentioned the socks was never intended to promote Bhopping on races without LJ/TP, and on those races it does the job decently.

Edited by Lindseth

Guest Sandy Balls

races with no longjump or low grav can't get anywhere with these socks.

for example lurker.

Are you fucking serious?

I can get in decent spots with sock, quit crying.

Sign in to follow this