Sign in to follow this  
Sketchmaticx

October 2012 Management Changes

Guest Sandy Brawls

dafuck

does this mean i actually have responsibilities now

I'm sorry toxy, I know I gave you more stuff to do now, please forgive me.

Guest Ziggity Zots

no actually Zeus you're coming off as the biggest faggot , not helping your chance are hitting it with her again

Telling the truth makes me a faggot? :( Maybe I should have set my sights on some of the more masculine members of the community.

When I'm the guy calling for us to give new people a shot, you know we have a problem.

Enjoy the stagnation and decay of this community in a time when we have the highest potential for growth because the head honchos decide to bring back the fuckups and idiots from the days of old in a wave of sentimentalism. She's had her time. She made a mistake. Maybe she won't do it again, but why the fuck take the chance when you've got hordes of clan members, many who have been here for years, wanting to learn the ropes and lend a hand? What happens when it's time for other long time JCS to move on? Who are you going to bring back to staff then? P2? Clay? Scopene? I'm sure they'll all be just as sorry when you offer them power. You act like she has some rare quality of unmatched intellect that you so desperately need. No, she's pretty damn unspectacular in a lot of ways, contrary to her name, and it's about time the clan moved on rather than sending a message to the members and lesser staff member that there's a very low ceiling over their heads.

@Mitch I'm not quoting that huge block. You're saying that because she did was she was suppose to do and didn't end up spending all the money/screwing over the clan on the paypal account, which could of been disputed through paypal and have a bunch of legal repercussions that she is more qualified than anyone else to be trust in a time that happened about 2-3 years ago, when she was very active versus just getting back? She did her job. That shouldn't be held up like she saved a dying whale, she was given a task and did it. Everyone with ADV right now would of done the same. Ignorant, child please. I am arguing that anyone in the right place in the chain of command can fulfill these duties and it was unnecessary/inadvisable to promote someone out of house,even if she "technically" is in the clan due to lost app or whatever nonsense, was inactive. I am done now, as I said nothing against you chaos. You should of asked to reapply first then become ADV before taking it. That would of been the proper way.

Edit: What GT said. He is being serious for once and it is the truth. Old staff brings back old staff? Mitch you said Oreo lied about something trivial, well chaos mistake with renji was worse. So let bring back Ultimate for JCS.

Edited by Shadow

Guest Ziggity Zots

When I'm the guy calling for us to give new people a shot, you know we have a problem.

Enjoy the stagnation and decay of this community in a time when we have the highest potential for growth because the head honchos decide to bring back the fuckups and idiots from the days of old in a wave of sentimentalism. She's had her time. She made a mistake. Maybe she won't do it again, but why the fuck take the chance when you've got hordes of clan members, many who have been here for years, wanting to learn the ropes and lend a hand? What happens when it's time for other long time JCS to move on? Who are you going to bring back to staff then? P2? Clay? Scopene? I'm sure they'll all be just as sorry when you offer them power. You act like she has some rare quality of unmatched intellect that you so desperately need. No, she's pretty damn unspectacular in a lot of ways, contrary to her name, and it's about time the clan moved on rather than sending a message to the members and lesser staff member that there's a very low ceiling over their heads.

lol

Do you know how many times people have predicted this clan would die out because of any one, single decision? Her being JCS isn't going to kill the clan. It's not going to give a negative message of any kind. She's a legitimately good person who is trusted by the staff, has experience, and is capable and willing to do the job. I'm sure if staff felt someone else was more capable of doing the job they've given her, then they would have. What would they achieve in just giving it to her for no reason?

Edited by Ziggity Zots

lol

Do you know how many times people have predicted this clan would die out because of any one, single decision? Her being JCS isn't going to kill the clan. It's not going to give a negative message of any kind. She's a legitimately good person who is trusted by the staff, has experience, and is capable and willing of doing the job. I'm sure if staff felt someone else was more capable of doing the job they've given her, then they would have. What would they achieve in just giving it to her for no reason?

Have you seen our status lately? I'm pretty sure we should actually be concerned right now. Shits been going down the tubes and nothing is being done.

Edited by Oreo

Guest Ziggity Zots

Have you seen our status lately? I'm pretty sure we should actually be concerned right now. Shits going down the tubes and nothing is being done.

I'm sure complaining about someone getting a position who's capable of doing the job is helping...

@Mitch I'm not quoting that huge block. You're saying that because she did was she was suppose to do and didn't end up spending all the money/screwing over the clan on the paypal account, which could of been disputed through paypal and have a bunch of legal repercussions that she is more qualified than anyone else to be trust in a time that happened about 2-3 years ago, when she was very active versus just getting back? She did her job. That shouldn't be held up like she saved a dying whale, she was given a task and did it. Everyone with ADV right now would of done the same. Ignorant, child please. I am arguing that anyone in the right place in the chain of command can fulfill these duties and it was unnecessary/inadvisable to promote someone out of house,even if she "technically" is in the clan due to lost app or whatever nonsense, was inactive. I am done now, as I said nothing against you chaos. You should of asked to reapply first then become ADV before taking it. That would of been the proper way.

Edit: What GT said. He is being serious for once and it is the truth. Old staff brings back old staff? Mitch you said Oreo lied about something trivial, well chaos mistake with renji was worse. So let bring back Ultimate for JCS.

Putting all the blame on her is a pretty ignorant stance. Coinstar, Renji, and Church all played just as big a role as she did, if not more.

Edited by Ziggity Zots

Have you seen our status lately? I'm pretty sure we should actually be concerned right now. Shits going down the tubes and nothing is being done.

I'm sure complaining about someone getting a position who's capable of doing the job is helping...

So.....what exactly does she bring to the table that she's going to do differently and that no one else can do? There are people who are more qualified for it then she has, and it's pretty much a slap in the face to them.

Edited by Oreo

no actually Zeus you're coming off as the biggest faggot , not helping your chance are hitting it with her again

Telling the truth makes me a faggot? :( Maybe I should have set my sights on some of the more masculine members of the community.

No, you're constant self-deprecation is annoying people. I have no personal qualms with you, but it is getting old.

Most of us have put in many, many hours of our personal time running this clan and making sure our servers are fun, and that we have a forum where we can congregate and socialize.

I see your point but also realize that most of the community members spend a lot of their own personal time making the community better. Seeing such huge changes that they disagree with is a huge blow to something they've worked on as well.

Most of us have put in many, many hours of our personal time running this clan and making sure our servers are fun, and that we have a forum where we can congregate and socialize.

I see your point but also realize that most of the community members spend a lot of their own personal time making the community better. Seeing such huge changes that they disagree with is a huge blow to something they've worked on as well.

Thank god someone gets it.

The sad reality is that no matter what we staff do, it's always going to be wrong.

Nothing we have done is ever good enough. Most of us have put in many, many hours of our personal time running this clan and making sure our servers are fun, and that we have a forum where we can congregate and socialize.

I know that it is impossible to please everyone, but know that we're still here busting our asses for you.

We don't 'get' anything from this. There is no pizza, free games or Cadillac cars. The only free games and stuff are given to the community. You guys. Not us.

For the most part running this community is a job, one we don't get paid for.

/rant

^^^ This.

Dani was perfectly capable of running finances in the past and didn't abuse it. She wants to do it, and it's probably one of the shittiest responsibilities a JCS can have. She's someone we know we can trust. Hell, her crazy ex came on these forums to apologize to her because he made her cut us out of her life. And here she is, back again.

I believe it was posted earlier, but most of that Renji fiasco was Coinstars idea, and I am the one mostly responsible for twisting that story against Dani... Coinstar was our main JCS, so it was better for a secondary JCS to take the brunt of the blame. Yes she was involved, and it was a terrible idea, but she doesn't deserve quite as much of the blame that's getting thrown her way.

So what's the issue here? Is it her activity? Are we mad that someone came back from a leave of absence and was thrust into a position of trust again? From my point of view, and my point of view is one that has knowledge of most of the shit that's gone down in this community over the past 5 years, she hasn't violated our trust.

/rant

EDIT:: Why hasn't Zeus been re-banned yet? Staff needs to get on that shit.

Edited by The Junzou

Guest Ziggity Zots

So.....what exactly does she bring to the table that she's going to do differently and that no one else can do?

It's all been stated already. Trustworthiness is the big factor here. I don't know all of what's involved with it, but she's done it before, and she's trustworthy. This clan has always been important to her. She wants to do right by you guys and help out, I honestly don't know why you're looking a gift horse in the mouth.

No, you're constant self-deprecation is annoying people. I have no personal qualms with you, but it is getting old.

Oh, oops. I didn't know being annoying was barred 'round these parts.

EDIT:

Awww, Junzou, I love you too. But pretty much correct about all that.

Edited by Ziggity Zots

The sad reality is that no matter what we staff do, it's always going to be wrong.

Nothing we have done is ever good enough. Most of us have put in many, many hours of our personal time running this clan and making sure our servers are fun, and that we have a forum where we can congregate and socialize.

I know that it is impossible to please everyone, but know that we're still here busting our asses for you.

We don't 'get' anything from this. There is no pizza, free games or Cadillac cars. The only free games and stuff are given to the community. You guys. Not us.

For the most part running this community is a job, one we don't get paid for.

/rant

^^^ This.

Dani was perfectly capable of running finances in the past and didn't abuse it. She wants to do it, and it's probably one of the shittiest responsibilities a JCS can have. She's someone we know we can trust. Hell, her crazy ex came on these forums to apologize to her because he made her cut us out of her life. And here she is, back again.

I believe it was posted earlier, but most of that Renji fiasco was Coinstars idea, and I am the one mostly responsible for twisting that story against Dani... Coinstar was our main JCS, so it was better for a secondary JCS to take the brunt of the blame. Yes she was involved, and it was a terrible idea, but she doesn't deserve quite as much of the blame that's getting thrown her way.

So what's the issue here? Is it her activity? Are we mad that someone came back from a leave of absence and was thrust into a position of trust again? From my point of view, and my point of view is one that has knowledge of most of the shit that's gone down in this community over the past 5 years, she hasn't violated our trust.

/rant

EDIT:: Why hasn't Zeus been re-banned yet? Staff needs to get on that shit.

She wants to do it? I am sure many others want to do it too who are active in the community. What message does this send to them? Staff goes back to "old" help to fill the ranks. Staff is acting like she about to be the lead surgeon and we peons do not have not intellect or skill to do what she going to do, when it reality it is little more complex then reading and clicking. The trust issue puts a blow on them as well. In all honestly maybe cause I'm not a child, but address names, and numbers? That is to be trusted? Fuck I have that information for about 400 people at my university for my independent research and their address's are at least reachable.

Edited by Shadow

So.....what exactly does she bring to the table that she's going to do differently and that no one else can do?

It's all been stated already. Trustworthiness is the big factor here. I don't know all of what's involved with it, but she's done it before, and she's trustworthy. This clan has always been important to her. She wants to do right by you guys and help out, I honestly don't know why you're looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Oh, oops. I didn't know being annoying was barred 'round these parts.

Your incessant need to respond to every single slight against her is one of the most obnoxious and pathetic things I have ever witnessed. A good number of the people here have kindly offered you the advice that you walk away from this place, for your own sake. You are in no position to mock, criticize, argue with, or down-vote anyone on these forums. I speak for myself and likely many others when I say your actions have only made this situation worse. If you really gave half a damn about her, you would shut the fuck up.

Immediately.

She wants to do it? I am sure many others want to do it too who are active in the community. What message does this send to them? Staff goes back to "old" help to fill the ranks. Staff is acting like she about to be the lead surgeon and we peons do not have not intellect or skill to do what she going to do, when it reality it is little more complex then reading and clicking. The trust issue puts a blow on them as well. In all honestly maybe cause I'm not a child, but address names, and numbers? That is to be trusted? Fuck I have that information for about 400 people at my university for my independent research and their address are at least reachable.

So your argument is that someone else in the community who has been active over the last 6 months, ideally an Advisor (based on what you said earlier) should have a chance before her.

Who? Would you like to name an ADV who is bent out of shape about this decision because they got passed up?

Or are you mad because your name wasn't put up before hers was?

I'll type this again, just because it apparently didn't stick last time-- she did it before, didn't abuse it. Why should we take a chance with someone new when we have someone who's already done it?

She wants to do it? I am sure many others want to do it too who are active in the community. What message does this send to them? Staff goes back to "old" help to fill the ranks. Staff is acting like she about to be the lead surgeon and we peons do not have not intellect or skill to do what she going to do, when it reality it is little more complex then reading and clicking. The trust issue puts a blow on them as well. In all honestly maybe cause I'm not a child, but address names, and numbers? That is to be trusted? Fuck I have that information for about 400 people at my university for my independent research and their address are at least reachable.

So your argument is that someone else in the community who has been active over the last 6 months, ideally an Advisor (based on what you said earlier) should have a chance before her.

Who? Would you like to name an ADV who is bent out of shape about this decision because they got passed up?

Or are you mad because your name wasn't put up before hers was?

I'll type this again, just because it apparently didn't stick last time-- she did it before, didn't abuse it. Why should we take a chance with someone new when we have someone who's already done it?

I do not want to be a JCS. No thanks. She came back, ate a snack, got JCS. So the current ADV are a chance? Shouldn't they be kinda trusted if they are advisers. By active I do not mean oh hey there every few days. Someone who has obligations to the community, plays on the servers, lives on the forum, has personal experiences with other members in the community. Someone who wants to make it better and contribute, which there are quite a lot of names in the pool there that didn't just come back

I do not want to be a JCS. No thanks. She came back, ate a snack, got JCS. So the current ADV are a chance? Shouldn't they be kinda trusted if they are advisers. By active I do not mean oh hey there every few days. Someone who has obligations to the community, plays on the servers, lives on the forum, has personal experiences with other members in the community. Someone who wants to make it better and contribute, which there are quite a lot of names in the pool there that didn't just come back

I'd be willing to bet the active ones had a chance to give some input. I can tell you off the top of my head, ChosenOne probably didn't want to do it; he's a full-time daddy and doc. Sketch and n2f aren't mature enough, nor do they probably care enough; toxy and zach just straight up aren't mature enough. Sports is a kiss-ass. Ctark wants it way too much, and probably would get it over Jason's dead body. I personally asked for Mimic to replace me when I stepped down. Dastan wasn't an advisor at the time. Cows is mature, but I know he has a lot on his plate. I personally don't know Lindseth well enough to comment on him (but you are fun to play with :) ).

Out of all the ADV's, I would probably only really be comfortable with daniel stepping up along with Mimic to handle finance specifically, and he's the only one who I don't know would turn it down.

Edited by The Junzou