Sign in to follow this  
Smooth-eh

Recruitment Officers

to be honest, i am a certified network administrator. just that no one has ever asked me.

this what kind of what i was implying. I reckon many here are more than capable/ have the knowledge to do the work of an ENG, and are willing to as well. However noone asks for engineers, unlike SO's or whatnot. I had always assumed it was an position to which one would be chosen rather than request/apply for.

to be honest, i am a certified network administrator. just that no one has ever asked me.

this what kind of what i was implying. I reckon many here are more than capable/ have the knowledge to do the work of an ENG, and are willing to as well. However noone asks for engineers, unlike SO's or whatnot. I had always assumed it was an position to which one would be chosen rather than request/apply for.

read below

Also I think it would be helpful if we got some more engineers.

No one who is willing in this community has the knowledge to be an engineer.

No one who knows how to be an engineer is willing to put in the effort for this community.

It's pretty hard finding someone capable, knowledgable and willing to engineer our servers for no compensation whatsoever.

thats not quite true. I think the reality is, noone has asked.

Klark made a thread a while ago asking for anyone in the community who knew anything and was willing to help to step up.

We have asked multiple times, every time we do ask we get a bunch of applicants who apply and either don't know what they say they know or can't prove it OR they know things that we already have people for, so there isn't a reason to hire them.

No one who knows how to be an engineer is willing to put in the effort for this community.

It's pretty hard finding someone capable, knowledgable and willing to engineer our servers for no compensation whatsoever.

Dont mind learning something new got a shit ton of time

I'm the same but naturally I'd not get selected, white name in all. In any regard, no one ever straight asked me to join so that's why haha.

Apply. Now.

I heard someone call for an engineer?

On a more serious note, the RO's are basically the FO's you guys are going on about, while SO's are the recruitment force. Granted it's overlapping in most places as RO's play on the server as well and SO's are a police force, but the main idea is already in place, just under a different name.

Dont mind learning something new got a shit ton of time

I'm the same but naturally I'd not get selected, white name in all. In any regard, no one ever straight asked me to join so that's why haha.

Apply. Now.

Had wintergreen pick a number between 1 and 100, he choose 38 knowing nothing of what I was going to do. I told him if I roll 38 or lower I will do nothing, I rolled 2d10 getting 50 (50 and 0 if you don't know anything about percentage rolls). So, whenever I can... probably will forget if I have to wait til next month.