Sign in to follow this  
Skotti

i bought something (take 2)

I'M THINKING ABOUT GETTING A MOTORCYCLE. WHAT'S A REASONABLY PRICED BIKE FOR A FIRST-TIME BUYER (AND AN INEXPERIENCED RIDER). PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

Ninja 250. You won't kill yourself and you won't lose any money when you upgrade. (buy for $2000, sell for $2000) Also take the MSF safety course (~$150); teaches you everything you need to know to start riding.

I'M THINKING ABOUT GETTING A MOTORCYCLE. WHAT'S A REASONABLY PRICED BIKE FOR A FIRST-TIME BUYER (AND AN INEXPERIENCED RIDER). PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

Ninja 250. You won't kill yourself and you won't lose any money when you upgrade. (buy for $2000, sell for $2000) Also take the MSF safety course (~$150); teaches you everything you need to know to start riding.

Yeah, if you aren't stupid when you drive, you can go higher like I did, the weight difference is only 60 lbs. I'll be taking the msf a few months down the road to get my full license. For some reason its expensive around here. 325 (if i recall) at the local harley dealership. msf also gives you an insurance discount.

Edited by Skotti

Yeah, if you aren't stupid when you drive, you can go higher like I did, the weight difference is only 60 lbs.

It's not the weight difference, it's the power difference. Accidentally goose the throttle on a 250 and you should be able to recover. On a 600, well good luck.

If you've had previous dirt experience, then ok. But if you are a complete newbie, I'd start on a 250.