Sign in to follow this  
Longcat

A new way to pick a JCS

There is a good chance nobody will pay attention to this suggestion, especially the leadership, but here it goes anyway.

I think we should have nominations and a vote for the new JCS, and in a separate vote, we decide the new Chairman of the JCS. I think this would be a great way to get the clan involved in the decisions and then we would have a person chosen by the people among the JCS, sort of as a representative who owes his position to the members.

This is the way it would work. Somebody starts a Nomination thread, get it stickied, and then the nominations begin. There should be a time limit on nominations, say 48 hours.

Nominations work this way:

Somebody nominates a person, not themselves, and then somebody else has to second this nomination. After two nominations for one person have been made, the nominee must then accept or decline. Each member gets only one nomination, a second counts as a nomination. If your nominee does not accept, no you do not receive a new nomination. Nobody can ask for a nomination over Xfire or anything. If you are discovered to be soliciting nominations from anyone, you are out of the running.

Once the nominees have been chosen, a poll thread is created. This thread is left up for two days as well. At the end of the two days, votes are counted. In the event of a tie for 1st, a new poll is created with only the tied candidates being listed.

This will not turn into a mudslinging fight. We have enough of that crap as it is. Do not make Defamation threads. Vote on what you know of the candidates. If you feel you do not know the candidates well enough to make an educated choice, you can abstain from voting if you so choose.

Again, this is just a suggestion, it is not set in stone and is not likely to be implemented at all. However, If enough members support this, there is a small possibility that we might get the ball rolling on it.

Edit: If you want me to justify anything about this system or have any suggestions, just ask me. I'll straighten it out.

i think this a great idea. It is a good way to get the entire clan involved. however, bios and P2 will most likely not approve of this idea.

why would they? they have absolute power and power does what? corrupt absolutely. they will choose who ever they want with out any sort of communication with the rest of the clan. and your right, they will not even look at this thread, because they care to much about what they want to get done they dont have time for the inputs of the clan.

Guest Phoenix2

I honestly don't think that would be a good idea, simply because polls on a forum are easily corrupted. This would be the same for any sort of nomination system. Besides, most people wouldn't look at each nominees criteria. They'd just vote for their bestest e-buddy.

why would they? they have absolute power and power does what? corrupt absolutely. they will choose who ever they want with out any sort of communication with the rest of the clan. and your right, they will not even look at this thread, because they care to much about what they want to get done they dont have time for the inputs of the clan.

Disregard this please. Base your decision on what you know is best for the clan and on the infallible logic of this plan.

I honestly don't think that would be a good idea, simply because polls on a forum are easily corrupted. This would be the same for any sort of nomination system. Besides, most people wouldn't look at each nominees criteria. They'd just vote for their bestest e-buddy.

If we put in place a veto system that would allow a majority vote of the leadership to override a nomination, without the member receiving that nomination back, then that should send a clear message to members that they need to place their nomination on somebody with the ability, commitment, and mental faculties to hold a leadership position.

As far as the poll corruption goes, I believe the way to avoid this is to put it in a members only section of the thread so that nonmembers are exempt from voting. If the leaders and moderators have any way to manipulate the votes, they should all be closely watched to make sure none of you guys do that and ruin the integrity of the process.

It is a good idea, but on the other hand P2 is right. If someone like NicNeverExisted was a nominated against someone like w33d.Ross. I would go for the cooler person. ^^

It is a good idea, but on the other hand P2 is right. If someone like NicNeverExisted was a nominated against someone like w33d.Ross. I would go for the cooler person. ^^

That is why you only get one nomination. If you couldnt decide between them, nominate someone else instead of seconding him. If it comes down to having two friends, you should vote for the one that would be a better leader and asset in the JCS.

Remember, I am asking this for you, the people so that you can have a say in it. You need to be responsible with this voting process if you ever want to be able to participate in the decisions of who would represent us.

The problem with this plan is ignorance. The community is not well informed enough to make an informed descision about these kinds of things, there is a lot of stuff that goes on behind peoples back.

The problem with this plan is ignorance. The community is not well informed enough to make an informed descision about these kinds of things, there is a lot of stuff that goes on behind peoples back.

Have more faith in the members. Each candidate can make a thread outlining why he would make a good JCS to correct this lack of knowledge, with a strict no mudslinging policy. Please be honest in your statements.

I am telling you that if you gave this a chance, we can make it work. Keep an open mind and have faith in the membership of this clan and we can get great new member for the leadership.

This would be a great idea if there was one amendment to it:

The voted member would first be a trial JCS, we can't afford another mistake when it comes to JCS.

This idea still rests a little shaky with me, although I'm sure as the thread progresses so will the idea.

Just to let you know, we do take your feedback into account, it's just that we have to prioritize things, and this isn't exactly something we can create overnight, something like this would take some time to organize.

This would be a great idea if there was one amendment to it:

The voted member would first be a trial JCS, we can't afford another mistake when it comes to JCS.

Who did we have in the JCS that were mistakes? D&G and Fetus definitely werent mistakes. They were loyal members, great leaders, and they brought stability to many situations that could have quickly blown up big. I might have missed the JCS "mistake" when I was gone though.

i think this a great idea. It is a good way to get the entire clan involved. however, bios and P2 will most likely not approve of this idea.

ya. i think they wouldent aprove.

Who did we have in the JCS that were mistakes? D&G and Fetus definitely werent mistakes. They were loyal members, great leaders, and they brought stability to many situations that could have quickly blown up big. I might have missed the JCS "mistake" when I was gone though.

Lord yoda..

he gave a guy rcon and he went on a banning spree

i just noticed something fetus is always right

Like I said before, there is no one currently in the clan who I think would make a good JCS (for now, at least).

If anything, the leaders could pick nominees themselves and then personally ask people on xfire of their opinions.

Like I said before, there is no one currently in the clan who I think would make a good JCS (for now, at least).

Oh how wrong you are. Of course there is someone qualified to that. His name is Fetus. JustFetus. If this passes through, you receive my nomination.

This could go so wrong... It'll be like High School Royalties -- the coolest/most popular guy will get most of the nominates and will probably win... Coolest/most popular people aren't always the best decision.

This could go so wrong... It'll be like High School Royalties -- the coolest/most popular guy will get most of the nominates and will probably win... Coolest/most popular people aren't always the best decision.

Already been noted like 3 times. Check phoenix's post and my proposed solution.

Oh how wrong you are. Of course there is someone qualified to that. His name is Fetus. JustFetus. If this passes through, you receive my nomination.

Not to knock on Fetus, but he had his chance and didn't live up to it. Give someone else a go. If the next person we pick has a problem, then we'll just move on. There are over 100 members in this clan, and lots of vets, I'm sure we can find a capable person.

Not to knock on Fetus, but he had his chance and didn't live up to it. Give someone else a go. If the next person we pick has a problem, then we'll just move on. There are over 100 members in this clan, and lots of vets, I'm sure we can find a capable person.

I did lots of work when I first got JCS. After a while, it got boring cause rapidshare would gay out and I couldn't download demos for like 5 hours. The only other thing I could've done was screening and I found it to be the biggest waste of time ever. I enjoyed helping people with hackers whenever someone called on me on x-fire and being able to contribute to behind-the-scene clan decisions.

You'd see me as active as any other JCS right now if bios just told me before forcibly retiring me. He blamed it on my inbox being full, pschyea.