Sign in to follow this  
brenner

WCS TOURNAMENT DAY!

I made this up. Just an idea I had and thought I'd throw it out there. Don't really think it's possible, but it'd be badass.

What if, one day, for a couple hours or so, slots would be reserved for players with the highest ranks. For instance- say the server's full, and the lowest ranked person playing on the server at that point in time is ranked 100. Then, rank 99 connects, and rank 100 is kicked due to slot reservation.

Even cooler- unlimited amount of specs. Or if it was streamed live. That way, everyone could watch the mayhem.

Just a thought.

This would be pretty unfair to anyone who wanted to participate instead of just the highest ranking. It'd be easier if we just had player-formed teams and scheduled scrims. We've tried to do something like this before for our past pub server, but we never got it to go smoothly.

Edited by Taboo

This would be pretty unfair to anyone who wanted to participate instead of just the highest ranking. It'd be easier if we just had player-formed teams and scheduled scrims. We've tried to do something like this before for our past pub server, but we never got it to go smoothly.

I agree. I'm sure plenty of people would be pissed about not being able to play. But I figured it'd be cool just for one or two maps. And a lot of those pissed off people might be less pissed if they could watch.

Scrims sound badass though. I'd totally be down.

It would be better if there was a special event like 1k hp rounds or some sort of insanity to make the normal day on wcs seem different.

It would be better if there was a special event like 1k hp rounds or some sort of insanity to make the normal day on wcs seem different.

1k hp, you obviously dont play much wcs do you

I rather like Taboo's idea it seems good and probably wouldn't need much doing to start it all up and well you never know it might escalate into a full on Tourney :)

and really? would you really give some overpowered race 1K health i.e Hyrule Adventurer etc.? that is insanity at its very highest it doesn't sound well thought out tbh as well as some of the high attack knife races as well.

So you never experienced a 1k hp round before? How about a 25 vs 5 round? Teleport the whole server to one location to have them kill eachother within eachother? Hell, I've seen quite a few random events that admins have done. Some of them are hell, some are just hilarious.

Of course he doesn't, he's only rank 3. http://sg.gameme.com/playerinfo/190889

True, unfortunately. I guess I should try losing 10k points in a day sometime... hm, that'll take me 43hours on the basis of one death per round and each round lasts 3 minutes. Given that I will always lose 12 points per death as well. Yup, too much work, fuck it.

If Bink and Antro continue with their inactivity I'll be rank 1. Which at this point I might as well say it is not my intention to have rank 1 as a goal. If anyone thinks I am, then they are mistaken, if I was I'll be online 8-10 hours a day. In short, I've done that shit in other games and went into a real no-life mode to do it.

and really? would you really give some overpowered race 1K health i.e Hyrule Adventurer etc.? that is insanity at its very highest it doesn't sound well thought out tbh as well as some of the high attack knife races as well.

You missed the days when Grim Reaper was broken and would kill half the server in one knife, that was insanity. At least the race isn't broken and does what it says it should do, just lacks balancing which will happen.

Edited by BLiNDBoi

So you never experienced a 1k hp round before? How about a 25 vs 5 round? Teleport the whole server to one location to have them kill eachother within eachother? Hell, I've seen quite a few random events that admins have done. Some of them are hell, some are just hilarious.

True, unfortunately. I guess I should try losing 10k points in a day sometime... hm, that'll take me 43hours on the basis of one death per round and each round lasts 3 minutes. Given that I will always lose 12 points per death as well. Yup, too much work, fuck it.

If Bink and Antro continue with their inactivity I'll be rank 1. Which at this point I might as well say it is not my intention to have rank 1 as a goal. If anyone thinks I am, then they are mistaken, if I was I'll be online 8-10 hours a day. In short, I've done that shit in other games and went into a real no-life mode to do it.

You missed the days when Grim Reaper was broken and would kill half the server in one knife, that was insanity. At least the race isn't broken and does what it says it should do, just lacks balancing which will happen.

Now that sounds rather funny haha :L Should've been there :( I know Grim Reaper used to be such a pain in the arse

I used to play much more when UV had a dust2. I think about 50 days in a year and a half, maybe 2. It was fun, though. I was 50k+ points above rank 2.

Doesn't the extra hp break the physics or something... Isn't that why zombie got reduced to 400 hp so it wouldn't get stuck when the server thought it had like 0 hp?

Doesn't the extra hp break the physics or something... Isn't that why zombie got reduced to 400 hp so it wouldn't get stuck when the server thought it had like 0 hp?

I think it changed, because admins are able to set health above 500 with no issues.

I think it changed, because admins are able to set health above 500 with no issues.

hmmmm..... I dunno about that.... But it was the reason in the first place when zombie got reduced from 1k to 400?

I've done 10k HP rounds before, votes usually pass with 95%+, and everyone ends up having fun. Dunno why everyone is always so serious face about silly things.

hmmmm..... I dunno about that.... But it was the reason in the first place when zombie got reduced from 1k to 400?

It was reduced to 400 to make it stronger/more consistent, I believe.

There was a thread created by Yiyas, Infecting the Floor, good chance it is lost now due to the roll back. Basically after a steam update any race that went over 500 HP their camera view would literally be on the floor. Luckily there wasn't too many races that could go over 500 HP, so the solution was to change Infected so it would have 400HP with 60% damage reduction which would mimic it having 1000HP. Additionally, the regeneration skill had to be altered as well. IT has been changed from regen rate of 40 to 20 and added a little bonus which increases the regen rate for every kill made so it is still possible to reach 40 regen rate.

Good chance the 'Infecting the Floor' problem no longer exists.

Edited by BLiNDBoi

Sign in to follow this