Sign in to follow this  
Toxygen

Patch 1.0.3: Whiners Satisfied?

Anyone who visits the D3 Forums will see 75% of the threads there complaining about how X is way too hard, or Y is pretty much impossible, or Z encourages grave zerging.

Blizzard has addressed several complaints with patch 1.0.3: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208/Patch_103_Design_Preview-6_6_2012#blog

Anyone who plays Inferno knows it's difficult, some more than others, I like where the games at even though it feels ridiculous at times. Thoughts?

I agree with you, I enjoy a game that callenges me and doesn't just let me walk through it. I also agree with the complaint about Legendary/set items and how they are worse than blues.

I think the difficulty as it is is fine. Challenging gameplay is what keeps it really interesting even though I die a lot on inferno mostly to elites and rares. Fucking minions.

I do find it odd that legendary and set items can be worse then blues at the same lvl. Kinda strange that the gear thats supposed to be the best is bested by starter gear.

I dont believe inferno is unreasonably difficult, after all it is inferno. I am happy they are changing up legendaries, found 2 so far and they blew hard compared to random blues.

Hardcore ftw, though its a little bit sad to die... over and over again.

Yeah, but just getting into inferno, i was able to handle act 1 with a few upgrades, but act 2 i'll need quite a few decent upgrades in order to handle it.

And farming money blows.

I love it, having to look at mobs and go "fuck that! I can't win here" gives it a different dynamic which i kind of enjoy, or kiting them back to a choke point to keep them from bombarding me with mortars...

Just read the article a little more, the item drop rate fine. But a reduction in the monster's damage in Coop? Really now.

Edited by Wintergreen

I love it, having to look at mobs and go "fuck that! I can't win here" gives it a different dynamic which i kind of enjoy, or kiting them back to a choke point to keep them from bombarding me with mortars...

Just read the article a little more, the item drop rate fine. But a reduction in the monster's damage in Coop? Really now.

There's a difference to me between "Okay, this is a hard game because it's a challenge" and "Really? That fucking snake mob is [Extra Health | Jailer | Invulnerable Minions | Very Fast | Mortar]? Fuck you Blizzard... just fuck you." (Edit: Those are the snake mobs that go 97% invisible, untargettable and refuse to reappear until they move within a certain range of your character that I'm referring to.)

Pair shit like that up with the fact that gear drops are 100% RNG for what stats it gets and you have a game that is frustratingly dull. All of my gear I've had to purchase from the AH because after a week of farming Act 1 I didn't get a single piece of gear that would allow me to even look in the direction of the Gauntlet at the start of Act 2. The whole point of tiered difficulties is to add a level of challenge to the game, generally by forcing the player to acquire equipment in, for example, Act 1 Inferno that will allow them to enter Act 2 Inferno. Instead, every gear drop in the game has the possibility of being equally as good or bad as the rest. Sure, there is a slightly higher chance of gaining a better piece of equipment the farther into the game you progress, but that means the majority of players will either be farming Act 1 Inferno until they grow bored and move on or they'll be repeatedly one-shot by every mob in Act 2 Inferno (Lacuni and Wasps come to mind... fuck them both).

Even with the gear I've purchased on the AH, I've only managed a low-end balance between DPS and survivability. Instead of getting one-shot I can usually survive two or three hits which is great, but my damage is nowhere near where it needs to be to deal with a great number of the bullshit combinations of elite types. Add onto that the sheer volume of enemies that typically get thrown in your way, the fact that enemies inherently move faster than you and the fact that, except with certain attacks, any mob that begins a melee attack animation will hit you regardless of how much distance you put between yourself and it before it finished it's attack animation unless you have a skill such as Smoke Screen and the required resource to use it and you have unrealistically difficult situations.

I don't find Inferno fun. Correction, Act 1 Inferno is in a great place, it's a lot of fun. It's tough enough to be able to kill you but at the same time feels beatable. Act 2 Inferno and up is where the problems arise.

TL;DR: I am looking forward to the proposed changes put forth in 1.0.3

Edited by Llethander

Sign in to follow this