Sign in to follow this  
SpecialBrownies

Mushrooms

So I've been sick for the past week and I recently got prescribe antibiotics for the bacterial infection, sinusitis. The antibiotic that I've been taking is Amoxicillin 600mg and I take it twice per day, morning and night. Yesterday I just bought these little mushroom chocolates call submarines. The chocolates have closed-cap cubenzies in them. I've done mushrooms plenty of times but never with any antibiotic or sickness inside my system. The sinusitis is basically gone but I'm still on the 10 day regiment of Amoxicillin. I was wondering if anybody has any knowledge of antibiotics/sicknesses with mushrooms and if it would be safe to take them while I'm taking the Amoxicillin or being sick in general and if I should actually take them either way.

Edited by SpecialBrownies

This is riveting news and debate sparking.

Mainly I was unsure where to put this so I put it here, now no offense to you but if you have no advice/input whatsoever don't comment. Also if somebody wanted to move to an "appropriate" section then I wouldn't mind.

As a big time user pot user and a one time mushroom user, I don't recommend mixing the two. especially when sick, god knows what kinda of trip you'll have. I recommend just waiting. But, after googling a bit, it doesn't seem dangerous but I still don't recommend mixing the two when if you are sick.

This thread is terrible.

Wasn't meant to be a good thread. I was just inquiring because I want to do these mushrooms while I'm at my friends cabin in the middle of nowhere but the antibiotics and sickness make me nervous to do them. Also I don't know your classification of a "good" thread.

Well, since you're going on a camping trip, to a cabin in the middle of no where, why not just find some organic mushrooms? I'm sure you can find plenty!

I know this, I plan to go hunting for some while I'm up there because Washington itself is very abundant in the number of wild magic mushrooms you can find. Not really gonna hunt for organic, but magical yes.

As a big time user pot user and a one time mushroom user, I don't recommend mixing the two. especially when sick, god knows what kinda of trip you'll have. I recommend just waiting. But, after googling a bit, it doesn't seem dangerous but I still don't recommend mixing the two when if you are sick.

IF U DO DRUGS U END UP LOOKING LIKE ILLOGICAL, YOU'LL ALSO HAVE A SEXUAL DEVICE IN THE BACK WHEN YOU GET ON WEBCAM

How about you save yourself the brain deterioration and you sell / throw them away instead.

I don't even do them often at all. Also at least I'm not drowning my liver in alcohol, smoking meth or shooting heroin.

Wasn't meant to be a good thread. I was just inquiring because I want to do these mushrooms while I'm at my friends cabin in the middle of nowhere but the antibiotics and sickness make me nervous to do them. Also I don't know your classification of a "good" thread.

Sorry, I'm too high to know what you're talking about. Pass the blunt.

Sorry, I'm too high to know what you're talking about. Pass the blunt.

smileys-passing-joint.gif

Look at this timeless proverb, "beer after liquor, I've never been sicker; beer after wine, sure, I'll be fine." Never mix meds, especially shit the causes your brain to hemorrhage whilst taking something that affects your thyroid. Like Marvin said, I would just wait a couple days.

Nothing will happen if you mix the both. Anti-Biotics can be mixed with nearly anything except alcohol as they only work on your immune system and all that does is kill the antibiotic so it can't do it's job. But on the other note, if you're feeling like shit, I wouldn't recommend taking mushrooms because your trip is mostly based of what sort of mood you're in.

Edited by Eek

Guest Noiman Cascade

I recommend you just wait until you get better to take them. It's not like they're going to negatively react with the antibiotics or anything, it's just that you'll probably have a more comfortable trip without a sinus infection.