Sign in to follow this  
Jopo

Can't pay with Maestro

So yesterday I tried to pay for the supporter races, but I couldn't pay because it said there was something wrong with my number.

Now my guess is that I can't pay with maestro, is there any other possible way to get the private races on wcs ?

Like using prepaid cards etc..

Yeah, but if I want some money on paypal, I need to transfer it from my card.

And that is the problem, it doesn't work with maestro.

Should. Maestro is MasterCard.

No, I googled it, they say it's not exactly the same.

Mastercard has a number on the back with the secure code, which a Maestro card has not, and you must have one for online paying.

I'm from Belgium, I get a dutch forum about bodybuilding with some questions about Maestro ;)

https://www.paypal.c...lutionId=163398

Yeah, but the problem I have is that I can't select Maestro on Paypal. Although it says you can.

If I want to connect my card I have to give my number and the secure code, and maestro doesn't have one.

What you have to do is link your card with your paypal and paypal will put like 0.02-0.10 in your bank which you then read from your Bank statement and type it in to your paypal account as a confirmation to activate your card. Then when you click "Pay with PayPal", it will only ask you to enter your email and password which then after that the exact ammount of money will come automatically from your bank.

tl;dr You don't have to tranfer money from Paypal manually, it's automatic.

Edited by Eek

What you have to do is link your card with your paypal and paypal will put like 0.02-0.10 in your bank which you then read from your Bank statement and type it in to your paypal account as a confirmation to activate your card. Then when you click "Pay with PayPal", it will only ask you to enter your email and password which then after that the exact ammount of money will come automatically from your bank.

That is the problem, can't link it to my paypal account.

Keep trying, if you manage to link it then get me private races.

I will pay you back during school then :P

Keep trying, if you manage to link it then get me private races.

I will pay you back during school then :P

Never!

Maestro is debit and Mastercard is credit

Reason why you can't use Maestro in countries like holland and belgium are because we have the PIN-code and companies like paypal aren't allowed to ask for that code, you should just do bank transfer, transfer however much money you want to have on there then pay with paypal, there's a delay of like 3-4 days though, but it's the best you can do (unless you have a credit card).

Maestro is debit and Mastercard is credit

Reason why you can't use Maestro in countries like holland and belgium are because we have the PIN-code and companies like paypal aren't allowed to ask for that code, you should just do bank transfer, transfer however much money you want to have on there then pay with paypal, there's a delay of like 3-4 days though, but it's the best you can do (unless you have a credit card).

There you go jopo, now do it and donate for me pretty please :D

Yeah, but if I want some money on paypal, I need to transfer it from my card.

And that is the problem, it doesn't work with maestro.

If you want to use PayPal, you don't need to transfer money from a credit or debit card to PayPal, PayPal simply saves that card's information for quick use, that is, you needn't reenter information every time you make a purchase, you just log in and pay with PayPal... It's like a macro for spending.

I dunno why it's so hard. Credit or debit, PayPal works with either here. Have you contacted PayPal about it?

Im pretty sure he hasn't, i've been asking him too so he can donate for me aswell :P