Sign in to follow this  
PANTERA

Music on user pages

I believe this used to be somewhat of a fad many years ago, but I was listening to some D & B and figured that if we are allowed to have wallpaper on our own pages, why not have some sort of streaming feature or song loop in the background as well? Of course this is just a suggestion, I don't know the technicalities that go into this, or if it's even feasible given the hard-drive failure and whatnot.

I believe this used to be somewhat of a fad many years ago, but I was listening to some D & B and figured that if we are allowed to have wallpaper on our own pages, why not have some sort of streaming feature or song loop in the background as well? Of course this is just a suggestion, I don't know the technicalities that go into this, or if it's even feasible given the hard-drive failure and whatnot.

Your sig broke my mind before i could read all that.

sG turns into myspace

Was gonna say this.

And what's to stop people from linking other audio besides music? (Annoying sounds, sex noise clips, etc.) It would have to be heavily moderated. Unless there are staff who wouldn't mind doing so, but given the user base it may be a hassle if at least half the users wanted to do it.

A good idea, but also a double edged sword at the same time.

Someone could easily just put a high pitched scream onto their profile, and anyone that goes onto it with their sound all the way up would instantly bleed from the ears. If it were to be implemented, possibly have it so you'll have to play the music whenever you want too instead of it playing as soon as you enter the profile.

Not sure if it would work at all... Kinda too heavy on customization anyways.

Perhaps an audio file to be played from a neat small player somewhere on your page if the visitor so wants to.

What? This can be implemented, but I don't think it would be too much of a good idea if I do implement it.

Sign in to follow this