Sign in to follow this  
SpecialBrownies

Fuck the Boomstick

The boomstick is so fucking stupid. It's like a AWP at close range only shooting 7 AWP bullets at once. Yes the kick is offsetting but it doesn't matter, you kill them with the first shot anyways unless you suck dick. Even at long range it turns from shooting 7 AWP bullets to 7 Deagle bullets. It has 2 bullets until you have to reload but that doesn't make a difference about anything. Whenever I'm traitor and starting to kill everybody a Detective just walks in and is like "HUURRR BOOMSTICK" and kills me easily. Either dim the damage down or get rid of it, it's worse than C4 on clue, like seriously I'm done with it.

Special:

First off, you must realize this is a game and your complaint is probably the first of none that have been on here about the boomstick.

Second, you should probably understand that you speak for yourself when you want to get rid of it. You aren't taking in consideration of everyone else that wants to see it stay or gone.

Thirdly, being a traitor isn't necessarily supposed to be a CS:S warmatch. True, you can do as I sometimes do and call yourself out, but you already know the huge risk this puts you at. Even killing someone puts you at risk for death. There's a reason why you have the ability to do things stealthily, and detectives serve the purpose of deterring those who wish to deathmatch as a traitor to not do so. Taking a detectives ability to utterly destroy those who do this would make them essentially useless.

Rune:

Yes I understand that this is a game and I haven't seen any complaints about the boomstick on the forums but that does with my 2nd point below.

Yes I am speaking for myself but I'm sure that many people want it gone just haven't actually took the time/don't have an account on the forums and haven't posted a complaint.

For your third point I have to say this even if you took away the boomstick they still have the AWP (One shot unless wearing body armor) and the UMP which had a damage boost recently. They also have the large variety of weapons on the map of which have no problem killing people with ease. Also they have the DNA scanner which is useful in so many ways that even if they only had the DNA scanner and the weapons on the map, they would still have purpose and not be useless at all. I'm saying take away ONE weapon from the Detective menu. We lived without the boomstick before and the Innocents won most of the time anyways. I also know the risk of killing anybody and I'm not afraid or threatened by it at all but when I'm completely destroying the Innocents and a Detective walks in with a boomstick you can basically determine that you are dead as soon as he fires that one shot. (Unless you shit on him with a one shot headshot) I know you have the ability to do things stealthily but really all you need is an automatic weapon, a deag, and body armor.

EDIT: Also Detectives spawn with body armor so...

Edited by SpecialBrownies

Ever hear of the one-hit K.O home-run bat?

Target detectives first.

One use only? No thanks. Body armor is way more effective and I'd rather not spend my credit on a Homerun Bat.

But body armor doesn't help you from you original problem of the boom stick now does it?

Kill the detective take his credits and buy your body armor.

Target detectives first.

One use only? No thanks. Body armor is way more effective and I'd rather not spend my credit on a Homerun Bat.

But body armor doesn't help you from you original problem of the boom stick now does it?

Still leaves you with the problem of the rest of the Detectives, killing one doesn't really help when there are 3

Target detectives first.

Still leaves you with the problem of the rest of the Detectives, killing one doesn't really help when there are 3

It does you're not alone you have traitor buddies they can work things out.

If you kill one there is one less so it does help.

Edited by Sakata

Target detectives first.

It does you're not alone you have traitor buddies they can work things out.

If you kill one there is one less so it does help.

Slightly but nowadays a good Traitor Team is hard to come by. Usually they just sit around in their own shit and piss and do nothing for 2 minutes then kill one person and die.

My strategy.

1. Buy baseball bat.

2. Hit nearest detective

3. Buy body armor and radar.

4. Kill bitches.

My strategy.

1. Buy baseball bat.

2. Hit nearest detective

4. Kill bitches.

Not gonna lie, getting killed by a baseball bat makes me rage so hard.

My strategy.

1. Buy baseball bat.

2. Hit nearest detective

4. Kill bitches.

My strategy.

1. Buy baseball bat.

2. Hit nearest detective

4. Kill bitches.

Unfortunately it seems like I'm the one always being targeted too.

My strategy.

1. Buy baseball bat.

2. Hit nearest detective

4. Kill bitches.

My strategy.

1. Buy baseball bat.

2. Hit nearest detective

4. Kill bitches.

Unfortunately it seems like I'm the one always being targeted too.

RED: You should talk to Nom Noms. I'm sure he has you beat since i started the bat nom noms week last week lol

OT: Boomstick is fine the way it is. Stop bitching about it. Detectives are usually the ones you want to target first as a traitor anyway.

Usually this is my list of things to do as trait:

1) Buy Bat

2) Bat Detective

3) Take boomstick/awp/ump

4) Annihilate EVERYTHING

Usually when you bat a detective they have a boomstick on them which gives you a huge advantage on the remaining detectives and innos.

YEA FUCK THE BOOMSTICK I KILL LIKE 20 PPL THEN 1 FUCKING DETECTIVE COMES UP 2 FEET AWAY TO BE CUZ HE HAS RIOITSHEILD THEN HE BOOMSTICKS ME ITS MAD GAY I DONT EVEN HAVE A CHANCE QQQQQQQQQQQQQ RAGE