Sign in to follow this  
Mitch

I may be drunk, but this pisses me off so much.

Guest sazzady belitatahss

FUCK THE SYSTEM

Never liked the states, everyday less.

Jail for not going to school? The fuck?

Should be praised for the hard work. I don't do shit and still can't get up early enough.

Edited by Justice

She was literally in court a month ago for missing school, and got warned not to do it again. Then she skipped again.

While I think jail for missing school is excessive, it's not like she missed one time and got sent to jail.

She was literally in court a month ago for missing school, and got warned not to do it again. Then she skipped again.

While I think jail for missing school is excessive, it's not like she missed one time and got sent to jail.

>< did you read the story?

a

she works a full-time job, a part-time job and takes advanced placement and dual credit college level courses.

b

she is working so hard because she is helping to support an older brother who attends Texas A&M University and a baby sister who lives with relatives in Houston. Tran said her parents divorced “out of the blue” and both moved away, leaving her in Willis.

c

Tran lives with the family of one of her employers. They own a wedding venue. She works at the Vineyard of Waverly Manor on weekends and at a dry cleaners full time.

“She goes from job to job, from school she stays up ‘til 7 o’clock in the morning,”

its easy like 1 2 3

Omg Marine that shit is fucked up. Gosh dang asian drivers.

I'm not sure if the girl in the video lived or not, I just know that she was in critical condition afterwards, so at least there's hope.

I read it.

She's doing it all by choice. Truancy is a law she had been warned about.

she is helping to support an older brother who attends Texas A&M University

Tell him to get a job.

and a baby sister who lives with relatives in Houston

>with relatives

Edited by ElectronicDrug

I had kids at my school that missed like 150 school days and nothing happened to them... They were just too fucked up on meth to do anything with their lives and paid zero consequence for it.

I read it.

Tell him to get a job.

>with relatives

When have you ever heard someone actually going to jail for truancy?

I knew plenty of truants in my high school, some of htem went to court two or three even four times - but none of them ever had to go to jail for being a truant despite multiple warnings in court.

I read it.

Tell him to get a job.

>with relatives

When have you ever heard someone actually going to jail for truancy?

I knew plenty of truants in my high school, some of htem went to court two or three even four times - but none of them ever had to go to jail for being a truant despite multiple warnings in court.

I had kids at my school that missed like 150 school days and nothing happened to them... They were just too fucked up on meth to do anything with their lives and paid zero consequence for it.

^^^

Canadian and American school systems do a shit poor job of preparing most kids for real life anyways. 6 hours of your life everyday for 12-13 years? And what do you get out of it.

Shouldn't be a crime to miss school, especially if you're not just at home getting high, and you're working your ass off to live.

If she can do better in life with either: taking longer to get her high school diploma or not getting it at all, power to her.

I missed half of grade 12 - 13 and im doing fine. Shit, I'm not sure about the US but I could pass high school if I only showed up to write the tests and they told me what the subject was and when to turn in assignments.

IMO mandatory school should end after grade 8 and those years that you ARE in school should be way more intense, especially in the early childhood.

That is pretty bullshit to tell you the truth. The judge is a d bag.

But i found a little humor in it because ofc the asian is taking all ap classes.

But the over all the matter isnt right imo.

Agree with judge in this case. The girl needs to choose her priorities more efficiently. When your life outside of the educational arena begins to impede your ability to attend classes, you modify your outside life, not the other way around. She should request modified hours if she still desires the same work schedule.

Her younger sister is with relatives, she doesnt need to support them. If her brother is requiring the support of his younger sister while she is still in high school, he needs to stop being a leech and get a job, take out loans for tuition, or take a few semesters off college until he is financially ready to support himself. And what the hell are these people she is supposedly supporting going to do when Diane herself graduates and goes to college? She's taking college preparatory and dual credit courses, so she's obviously nearing the time when she would be leaving her home environment.

If she absolutely feels she has to work that much, perhaps she needs to drop out of school and get her GED. Going to college right now would be a stupid move for her anyways. If she thinks she'll be able to support herself as well as for some reason support the other siblings while taking college courses, she is sorely mistaken.

Her excuses are invalid, illogical, probably exaggerated, and this issue is WAY overblown. It was one 24 hour stint and a small fine. Maybe those small punishments were what she needed to come to her senses and reevaluate her priorities.

I'm sorry, when did this student think working two jobs, taking college courses, all while missing regular school was a good idea?

The judge seems a bit harsh, but man. How does she expect to get a degree if she is ignoring the first step to getting one?

I'm sorry, when did this student think working two jobs, taking college courses, all while missing regular school was a good idea?

The judge seems a bit harsh, but man. How does she expect to get a degree if she is ignoring the first step to getting one?

A day in prison and 100 bucks is harsh? I think its a pretty decent cup of learn your lesson and get your priorities straight.

A day in prison and 100 bucks is harsh? I think its a pretty decent cup of learn your lesson and get your priorities straight.

Consider the circumstances, the school SHOULD be helping her.

Consider the circumstances, the school SHOULD be helping her.

If we helped everyone in America who was underprivileged and struggling we'd have no money.

owait...