Sign in to follow this  
Windmill

Arma 2: CO - DayZ Mod

So, if you have no idea what Arma 2 is, it's essentially a modern military simulator placed in Eastern Europe (and Afghanistan in the stand-alone expansion Operation Arrowhead). Now, there's a mod that has recently come out called DayZ. It is a persistent-world zombie-survival mod in a 225km^2 chunk of space. You find food, water, arms and ammunition, medical equipment (bandages, blood bags, morphine, etc), automotive parts, binoculars, compasses-- the list kind of goes on and on. All the while you are trying not to disturb the hordes of zombies that hang around mainly in the cities (where supplies are also most prominent) as the game detects how visible you are and how much noise you make. Not only that, but you have to be paranoid as fuck if you see any other play-- sometimes they're friendly but more often they're little fuckers. There's a sort of karma system in the game where if you kill another player it makes you a free target, so if anyone else kills you within a certain amount of time that person will not lose any karma in the process. So, ya, it can be pretty fun.

Oh, and if you die you stay dead and have to start a new character, losing all your items.

It's still in alpha so there are still a lot of bugs.

Arma is TOO realistic. Not a fun game....

Have you ever tried Stalker? It's like hyper realistic and for stalker 2 there's a super-rediculous-hyper-redonculous realistic mod with like zombies.

The mod is so realistic/punishing, that it's name is Misery :(

Edited by Shiny Kneecaps

Absolutely loving DayZ, although the one downside is that 90% of the non-beta servers are completely full at all times, at least they were the last time I played.

Absolutely loving DayZ, although the one downside is that 90% of the non-beta servers are completely full at all times, at least they were the last time I played.

I've never had a problem of finding a server that's not full. Even servers that are not in the beta patch.

On another note, we should all try to meet up and make a big ass group of bandits and terrorize a server.

On another note, we should all try to meet up and make a big ass group of bandits and terrorize a server.

^This. IGN is relegos, and I'm normally habiting the NY4/5 servers

EDIT: Well, there have always been empty servers when I played, but what kind of fun is that?

Edited by Flutterguy.mp3

Lets get like a huge ass bandit group for this shit. People would be super made.

I've never had a problem of finding a server that's not full. Even servers that are not in the beta patch.

Edited by Tristan.

The mod looks pretty cool, but I don't really want to shell out 30 bucks just to play a buggy-ass Arma 2 mod.

and that is why you get someone else to give it to you, now who wants to be generous around here and donate copies of arma 2.

The mod looks pretty cool, but I don't really want to shell out 30 bucks just to play a buggy-ass Arma 2 mod.

A lot of other people have been doing just that. But, a lot of people aren't exactly intelligent consumers

Ok ,how will we meet up in game?

easy i will set c4 on the ground, you will all meet up around it, i will blow the charges walk near you guys once i get a headcount and make sure you guys are not gonna kill me, and from there we just move together

Aye. Me, taboo, shotgunsniper, weekill, sakata, ghost and co. had a pretty good run today, it was like 4 hours or so. Never fully met up, but we did get a good bit done.