Sign in to follow this  
Goldentongue

Trolls of the Year Award: Lee County Alabama Sheriff's Department

In a ruse to bring in offenders who owed over $30,000 in child support, the Lee County Sheriff's office sent out letters to those individuals saying they had won tickets to the Alabama vs. Auburn "Ironbowl" football game. When they arrived, they were greeted by banners, balloons, press, and Van Halen music. When they presented the letter and their id, they were promptly arrested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVWt_m1iJgE&feature=related

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2011/8/5/2346315/auburn-and-alabama-win-child-support-arrest-national-championship

The video is absolutely hilarious. Sorry the youtube version is a little laggy, but you can see it also in that page. The last guy even asks "Well do I still get my tickets?"

Get pooped on Auburn fans.

I like how the first black guy doesn't resist at all but all the cops say "STOP RESISTING, JUST CO-OPERATE!".

Blek guy: wtf, not resisting.

I know, right?

And then there were so many on him he just fell over from their sheer weight.

Pretty sure I'm never going to trust the Police Department to win anything.. ever. >_> If I get one of these letters - TIME TO RUN! Waitwut?

Not paying child support is wrong too.

But getting their hopes up and then crushing them... arresting them like normal would have been just fine. Just because they didn't pay child support doesn't mean that they should be humiliated.

This is actually a good idea. Sure it might be tricking them, but this is a great way to lead to non-violent warrant arrests.

There are many other ways of arresting people without violence or humiliation. I admit though... this is really fucking funny XD

This is actually a good idea. Sure it might be tricking them, but this is a great way to lead to non-violent warrant arrests.

That is because they're nice. Other DISHBAG police wants the hard way rather then easy way

Reminds me of when a Police Department fielded a Cannabis Appreciation Day, inviting local narcotics dealers and arresting all those who had any on them at the end of the night.

Let me see if I can find a news link. :)