Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

MC Nether City Project

So after watching a video that showed a city in the Nether trucka suggested we do the same!

We're going to need a lot of people (and lots of resources) to do this.

Post in this thread if you're interested in helping!!! We can arrange a time when everyone who is interested can be on and start this.

Things we will need:

Cobble Stone

Smooth Stone

Wood Planks

Tree Trunks

Torches (LOTS)

Glass

Things each person should have:

Full Iron or Diamond Armor and Sword

Bow with arrows

Food to heal

Note that there will be aggressive mobs in the nether. Come prepared to kill stuff if needed.

Needed Structures:

First, we need a building to store our supplies, and to hide if needed.

This should be near the portal.

I suggest we create a nether portal right near the hub, which will serve as the main nether portal to get to the city.

So, truka and I started to make the entrance into the nethers, but we are running into one issue. The first portal goes from Paradise spawn into the paradise nethers, but when you go back through the portal, it pops you out somewhere else...

I would make sure you have the nether portal in the Paradise world, not by the hub.

also, portals are kinda glitchy at the moment, working on solution, bear with us :D

If you use the same portal in the nether you should end up back where you first entered. At least, that's how it works in single player...

We hit a serious problem every time we go in the portal the portal changes on the way out so you don't return to the hub but to a beach. I tried to detach the portals 1 block at a time but they keep spawning at that same beach. The links are messed up and a new patch might fix this or even a simple server restart. Any ways we can keep working on the city but be prepared to /warp hub if your want to return to the entrance.

a shit load haha we have the entrance set up pretty well, got furnaces, crafting tables, and chest, its right infrontt of the paradise spawn

I'm going to have a lot of cobble and dirt after blowing a hole around Yggdrasil; Knifemaster has dibbs on the cobble, but if he gets enough you can have leftovers.

You can also have all the spare wood from my tree, once I finish it. If people keep donating, I have a feeling I'll have a lot.

After I'm done working on my tree, or when I need a break, I can come help out with building.

Like I said I would make the portal in the new worlds not at hub.

Also I will look into the portal problem but seems to be a MC error

Guest Ethan1

I would love a nether city. I have tried houses but never a whole city.

ALRIGHT... I fixed the portal, kinda

Don't take the signs off of them and they will work.

Right now that issue with the portals always exiting to COOP's beach, is still there, and no fix for it yet.....

We are using stargate mod for the portals right now, so should be fine.

Also if you provide me a list of players you want to have access to the doors, I'll make up an ingame list, and use that on the door, instead of passwords....

Sign in to follow this