Sign in to follow this  
Velo

Looking for a song..

Alright, i'm looking for a song that I heard earlier this year.

It sounds just like the beginning of 'Spirits in the material world' by The Police, but its at a slower tempo, and less bass.

I've heard it once on a classic rock station (98.5 York, Hanover PA), and have never heard it since march.

Any lyrics/other descriptors you remember at all? :(

I normally can identify Classic Rock songs within three notes, but I'm not so sure what you're talking about here.

i can't seem to remember anything but that one part with the slower tempo of the song by the police, and the part didnt have any lyrics :/ i can remember something with like a flute sound playing in the b/g too

it didn't have a guitar or bass iirc

I'm not entirely positive, but Pato Banton did make a cover of the song, so I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for:

I win!

neither. its a little slower tempo

looks like it's going to be a bitch finding it

I emailed someone from that station for a list of songs they played on march 12, sadly they only keep a record from 3 months ago :/

On a Classic Rock station?

Do you even know what a radio is?

Aside from your unnecessary chastisement, yes I do know what a radio is. You never know, they always have the classic rock station on at work and I've heard them play a few non-classical songs from time to time. Not sure why, but it happens.

Aside from your unnecessary chastisement, yes I do know what a radio is. You never know, they always have the classic rock station on at work and I've heard them play a few non-classical songs from time to time. Not sure why, but it happens.

Of course they don't play classical songs, it's a rock station.

I don't think it's by the police.. it sounded like it was from mid-early 80's, and had synthesizer in it

Please tell this means you're finally understanding the difference between "classical", "classic rock", and reggae...

I'll be honest, I don't know the differences because I've never really listened to them enough to understand the subtleties between them. I know it was on a classical rock station, I do, but it was just a random stab in the dark at trying to find the song he's looking for.

I did try to google the classical rock genre paired with the sound sample you mentioned, Velo, but I came up with nothing due to google's massive search datatabase. GG to me. :|

I'll be honest, I don't know the differences because I've never really listened to them enough to understand the subtleties between them. I know it was on a classical rock station, I do, but it was just a random stab in the dark at trying to find the song he's looking for.

I did try to google the classical rock genre paired with the sound sample you mentioned, Velo, but I came up with nothing due to google's massive search datatabase. GG to me. :|

There aren't really any "subtleties". The difference is that it's not called "Classical Rock", it's "Classic Rock".

Classic Rock

Classic Rock is a very general term used to refer to a lot of rock music created from the 1960s into the 1980s.

Examples of classic rock songs:

(Yes, I had to)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNigNUD8CKo

Classical

"Classical music period" is a period of music from 1750 to 1830, although "classical music" is often used to refer to any western music produced from 1550 to 1900, which includes music from the Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, and Romantic periods.

Examples of Classical music:

Reggae

While I understand what reggae is, I'm not as thoroughly familiar with it, so I'll let Wikipedia explain it:

Reggae is a music genre first developed in Jamaica in the late 1960s. While sometimes used in a broader sense to refer to most types of Jamaican music, the term reggae more properly denotes a particular music style that originated following on the development of ska and rocksteady.

Reggae is based on a rhythmic style characterized by accents on the off-beat, known as the skank. Reggae is normally slower than both ska and rocksteady.[1] Reggae usually accents the second and fourth beat in each bar, with the rhythm guitar also either emphasizing the third beat or holding the chord on the second beat until the fourth is played. It is mainly this "third beat", its speed and the use of complex bass lines that differentiated reggae from rocksteady, although later styles incorporated these innovations separately.

Examples of Reggae songs:

God I love that "Take Me Home Country Roads" rendition (it was originally a John Denver song btw, the original is damn good too.)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy.

Ahh, don't get me wrong, I worded my sentence incorrectly before by referring to classical rock as classical, my bad. Probably should have recognized my mistake straight off. Alas, I had not and that's my honest mistake.

Regardless, what I was mainly referring to was the differences between Reggae and Classical rock, which I'm not familiar with at all. (I love Led Zepplin by the way.)

In terms of Classical music in general, I know it all too well as I took a class in college that went too in depth with it all. I pretty much fell asleep the entire time considering it's nearly impossible to stay awake at eight o'clock in the morning with light piano serenades reverberating through the room. Not to mention our professor's monotone voice and inability to keep things interesting. D:

Needless to say, I am quite familiar with classical rock as a whole, but there are some.. minor incoherent labels that have mixed me up within the rock category itself. When people start to tab on Hard Rock, New Rock, Jazz Rock, etc. (Mind you, these are probably wrong too, but I'm just sort of listing random labels for the sake of argument.), it starts to mix me up a bit.

Edit:

I actually thought he was right too until Velo said no.

I really doubt anyone's going to get this unless we get new information.

>This.

Maybe e-mail the radio station with the song you have given us and ask them if they recognize the beginning to pertain to any other songs?