Sign in to follow this  
Papa

Jailbreak

What would you want to see in jailbreak to make it more fun and enjoyable?

Shorter rounds, smarter CT's, etc.

I'm asking this because as an admin, you have to be aware of more, different things then just the game itself.

You can't just concentrate on getting LR, killing all the CT's, or being the best warden. You have to make sure that dumbass doesn't go behind cells and freekills half the team. We can't really watch pay attention to the little details because of this.

Obviously JB isn't going to revitalize itself, we need the communities help to at least make a start.

I know people want the old jailbreak back, I just haven't really seen anyone give that much effort into it.

We can't just fix jailbreak either, there's a limit to how much we can change from now, the old people need to start playing again. Now when I say old, I don't mean just the oldfags from 2009, there are plenty of good sG members that helped shape JB. I'm sad to say that TTT took a lot of those great players. Now I have nothing against JB, but JB shouldn't fall because everyone plays TTT now. I'm not saying JB is dieing because of TTT, the lack of players in general mack it less enjoyable.

I'm not sure how or if JB will ever be fixed, I'm hoping staff has some secret hat trick that is going to bring in more people. I'm not saying this just about JB either, there is a lack of players in a lot of the sG servers. That might just be me though.

I'm open to any criticism, ideas, suggestions, anything.

Secretten, obviously it's been a long time since I've been on there. And the problems "could" be different. But in general, the problems with JB have always been the same, and focus around the CTs. If you can make sure wardens aren't being fags (aren't kill whoring, have a little variety to their days, etc.) then people are generally happy. Then you take care of the idiot CTs that don't know the rules and freekill and stuff, and tada, JB becomes bare-able once again. Maybe, mingle up the "TTT kids" and get them to come play JB with you a while, get things going smooth again, and they can slowly migrate back to TTT. Just a thought....

Secretten, obviously it's been a long time since I've been on there. And the problems "could" be different. But in general, the problems with JB have always been the same, and focus around the CTs. If you can make sure wardens aren't being fags (aren't kill whoring, have a little variety to their days, etc.) then people are generally happy. Then you take care of the idiot CTs that don't know the rules and freekill and stuff, and tada, JB becomes bare-able once again. Maybe, mingle up the "TTT kids" and get them to come play JB with you a while, get things going smooth again, and they can slowly migrate back to TTT. Just a thought....

Thanks, this really helps.

However, it's hard to get CT's to try new things, the large majority of good JB wardens have left JB, so because of this the current wardens can't learn and progress themselves.

What you are not understanding is, though TTT did take some players from JB whatever it gained we lost. Both JB and TTT has taken a big hit recently, I would really like to see populations on both servers improve asap. Whatever ideas you guys come up with to get more population I’m down to help.

Maybe add some new maps. I know a ton of people frequently complain about the map rotation, and when certain maps are in the vote it is almost a guarantee they will be played (lego, avalanche, papas, spacejail, etc.) We need a little more variety, whether that be by trying other cool maps that people dont know much about or by adding new maps.

It can either be by creating new maps (yes I understand this takes plenty of time and effort) or by simply looking up cool jailbreak maps online.

Hell, we can even go into other servers and find maps THEY have made and maybe try to use those, but I think map variety would help at least keep the current players, if not bring back old players.

Just my two cents..

Maybe add some new maps. I know a ton of people frequently complain about the map rotation, and when certain maps are in the vote it is almost a guarantee they will be played (lego, avalanche, papas, spacejail, etc.) We need a little more variety, whether that be by trying other cool maps that people dont know much about or by adding new maps.

It can either be by creating new maps (yes I understand this takes plenty of time and effort) or by simply looking up cool jailbreak maps online.

Hell, we can even go into other servers and find maps THEY have made and maybe try to use those, but I think map variety would help at least keep the current players, if not bring back old players.

Just my two cents..

I've definitely got a lot of complaints about map rotation, I'll look into it and try to get a staff member to do something about it.

Well, I rarely see anyone on jb anymore its now a minimum of 16-20 atleast. Jb is still my favorite server, but I was on earlier and their were no admins for like 1 whole map. 2 years ago jb had atleast 40 players. (known as the jbfags). Lets just get the oldies back in jb. I'd just say we need more fun people not faggots who come in jb and think they own jb (like checkster...)

Just my two cents..

I'd like to point out Avalanche and Papa's kingdom are not the only maps made by members here.

Fuck you guys.

forever-alone-guy-painting.jpg

10 map restriction before the same map can be chosen again. We have too many good maps that go unplayed.

Yes! Every time we play avalanche i want to quit.

I've seen this asked for soo many times though...

As pointed out, improve map selection.... So fucking tired of sooo god damn many shitty maps on the server(not even the over played ones, it's just that we go from overplayed one's to either a) another over played map or b) random ass shitty map that no one knew we had on there.

If you look at other servers, they play even fewer maps, and they're all maps that we already play or were rejected for some reason.

The map selection sucks because there aren't many well-made maps out there with map games. I keep an eye on the newest maps on gamebanana and try out maps that look decent. Most just have exciting features like "disco" and "solitary".

There needs to be a JB family reunion of some sort. Probably 90% of the jbfags come from the tree. Also JB is fun and there is a steady stream of members, you just aren't as familiar with then as the oldfags. And we need wardens who don't drag on orders or who decide to play soccer with 2 T's left. That's what is causing the fail. Wind isn't on much, don't be afraid to play CT anymore.

Now we are getting somewhere, any ideas on some good maps to add? Or any other ideas?

I'll look up some good maps once i get home tomorrow if i have time. I do not mind downloading and testing maps if they have a decent chance of being added.

How about we compile a list of maps that have been downloaded by members(ie blob with all his yays/nays) Then we can work on finding maps that have not been downloaded and viewed as shit.

Also, as naughty said, we need more FUN wardens. It honestly is boring as fuck when Only one ct even bothers to take warden... True it's not bad if the warden knows what they are doing, or TRIES to do something fun, but idiot ct's can't watch the warden's back as he does this. Improving quality of Ct's will hopefully improve the experience of JB, as the way it is currently is the fact that it's just Camp cell, or Camp vent until last t or last 2 t's for LR.

PUT A CELL BLOCK OPENER ON LEOBEN AND BRING IT BACK!

This was no doubt the greatest JB map in history, I recently asked mitch about this map he said it crashed the server alot but if we find a working version of this map, I would be satisfied.

I know I am kind of new to the whole community, but I used to play jailbreak on sG back a few years ago too before I took a break. I can say that the biggest problem and change that needs to be made lies with the Wardens. What makes the game fun is the fact that you are always trying to do something, and that getting lr is a rewarding challenge. There are many rounds where the warden just tells people to get out of the cell, and then nothing happens for three minutes with the occasional move command. Wardens have to take chances and make each round fun and unique. I know this is almost impossible to enforce, and the only real answer I can think of is getting more regulars on.

I know I am kind of new to the whole community, but I used to play jailbreak on sG back a few years ago too before I took a break. I can say that the biggest problem and change that needs to be made lies with the Wardens. What makes the game fun is the fact that you are always trying to do something, and that getting lr is a rewarding challenge. There are many rounds where the warden just tells people to get out of the cell, and then nothing happens for three minutes with the occasional move command. Wardens have to take chances and make each round fun and unique. I know this is almost impossible to enforce, and the only real answer I can think of is getting more regulars on.

I 100% agree. We need to try and keep the game moving. There are too many rounds that take too long. If you keep the T's playing games they will not feel like rebelling as much. Like noob said we sometime stand for 2 minuets doing nothing and the CT just wait for the T's to move so they can kill them.

As far as bringing back old players goes... This would be very fun, but difficult. They left for a reason, so why would they come back for our sake? However, a fantastic idea would be to start permabanning faggots. I mean, not people who hack or use racism or break the rules, but people who ruin your experience on jailbreak. I won't mention anyone in particular, but the bottom line is, let's permaban faggots.