Sign in to follow this  
Don Danzone

Scoutknivez

or just remove the rpg... PPL BE BITCHING CAUSE THEY CAN'T AIM SO THEY HAVE TO KNIFE

This.

Would be unfair to those who maxed it.

Possibly solution would be lowering the freeze time throughout levels, but then that would be like a 0.05 second change per level - kinda gay.

With the original scoutzknivez:

it required skill to kill people with the scout, two body shots or one headshot, made harder by the skill of the opponent (dodging)

AND

it required skill to kill people with the knife, two shots anywhere, 1 shot to the back, made harder by the skill of the opponent (dodging, escaping to long range)

With the current server's RPG scoutzknivez:

it requires skill to kill people with the scout, 5 or 6 shots to the body (or more - vampire), 1 or 2 shots to the head (or more - vampire), meanwhile the targets dodging skill has been increased by invisibility and speed

AND

it requires a high level and persistence to kill people with the knife, 7 or 8 hits to the body (or more - vampire), 2 or 3 hits to the back (or more - vampire), meanwhile the targets dodging skill has been increased by invisibility and speed (however up close invisibility is negated, its fairly easy to track ppl), and the targets dodging capability has been almost completely removed by frost knife, although the possibility of escaping to long range is still an option, as long as that first frost knife never lands

EDIT: so it would seem to me that indeed the knife has been made the weapon of the persistant noob and the scout has become even more difficult to use, especially as levels increase

With the original scoutzknivez:

it required skill to kill people with the scout, two body shots or one headshot, made harder by the skill of the opponent (dodging)

AND

it required skill to kill people with the knife, two shots anywhere, 1 shot to the back, made harder by the skill of the opponent (dodging, escaping to long range)

With the current server's RPG scoutzknivez:

it requires skill to kill people with the scout, 5 or 6 shots to the body (or more - vampire), 1 or 2 shots to the head (or more - vampire), meanwhile the targets dodging skill has been increased by invisibility and speed

AND

it requires a high level and persistence to kill people with the knife, 7 or 8 hits to the body (or more - vampire), 2 or 3 hits to the back (or more - vampire), meanwhile the targets dodging skill has been increased by invisibility and speed (however up close invisibility is negated, its fairly easy to track ppl), and the targets dodging capability has been almost completely removed by frost knife, although the possibility of escaping to long range is still an option, as long as that first frost knife never lands

EDIT: so it would seem to me that indeed the knife has been made the weapon of the persistant noob and the scout has become even more difficult to use, especially as levels increase

You got brains sir

Fucking laughed.

Hmmm... anything we do will please one side of the server and piss off the other.

I can either:

1) Keep it as it is

2) Change frost knife to slow knife (basically you slow instead of freezing completely, the higher level the skill the longer the slow OR how dramatic the slow affects the player)

3) Add frostbullet/slowbullet for scouts.

4) Take frost knife off completely.

#4 and #1 are both extremes and would cause pettish boycotting from both sides of this argument.

Anyone have any ideas for a compromise or like the #2 or #3 I listed above?

I vote for the slow, if i have to choose (and cant choose remove).

Would be unfair to those who maxed it.

Possibly solution would be lowering the freeze time throughout levels, but then that would be like a 0.05 second change per level - kinda gay.

A) Give them back their levels if possible.

B) If not, tough fucking luck.

Although I like the feature, the current max length is over powered.

Anyway, my second choice would be to change it to just slowing them down.

A) Give them back their levels if possible.

B) If not, tough fucking luck.

Although I like the feature, the current max length is over powered.

Anyway, my second choice would be to change it to just slowing them down.

I'm not going with fucking B, just to let you know. There is still a sense of fairness that I have to upkeep if I change the server at all.

I don't get why all you people are bitching about the frost knife. When we had this server a while back, no one bitched. I didn't even seen don in it once. Now it's back up and people like don and slav complain all day long. Dont fucking play it then if you dont like the knife.

No matter what you do, someone will always be unhappy. I mean look at WCS half the server hates half of the races while the other half loves them. Either way you are fucked Mitch, I say do nothing, leave it be.

No matter what you do, someone will always be unhappy. I mean look at WCS half the server hates half of the races while the other half loves them. Either way you are fucked Mitch, I say do nothing, leave it be.

No truer words were ever spoken.

I don't get why all you people are bitching about the frost knife. When we had this server a while back, no one bitched. I didn't even seen don in it once. Now it's back up and people like don and slav complain all day long. Dont fucking play it then if you dont like the knife.

Because you are one of the guys who whores it like a motherfucker.

Because you are one of the guys who whores it like a motherfucker.

I did it back then, I'll do it now. Nothing is gonna change.

Either way you are fucked Mitch, I say do nothing, leave it be.

I'm going with TTD and Fiasco on this one.

^Then I gotta third it ;D

Mitch, we're not trying to be shit disturbers here, man. We just want to see a change that we think is necessary to the fairness of the game. That's all.

And as stated the majority says they want the change.

This is my last post in this thread.

Sign in to follow this