Sign in to follow this  
Ika

Zombie needs a slight nerf

I know some people will disagree with me on this but more will agree - zombie in its current state is just way too powerful and requires a counter-race to even have a chance to kill. A race without speed, slow, or stun has absolutely no chance of killing it. To make it less of a killing machine I would say to increase the ultimate cooldown to 25 or 30 seconds; its currently too fast for too long.

Or zombie needs to be limited to one per team, two zombies on a team is just nuts.

Um yeah no...

Infected is far from Over powered. The issue here is not that its OP, its that the times zombie rapes is when you have good players playing it.

There are plenty of people who cannot play infected to save their life, yet there are a couple of people who just excel at it. Oh and a race without speed/slow/stun can kill zombie. Hell a lurker can kill a zombie if he is a good shot. Increasing ultimate cooldown to 25 or 30 seconds would make infected under powered, mainly due to the fact that it cannot catch up to people.

I agree that 2 zombies on 1 team is a bit much but as for a zombie nerf I think they are fine they just need to be reduced to 1 per team. There are atleast 3 class's I can remember off the top of my head that are anti undead/zombie races and any race with a snare/perma slow that uses a gun can kill zombies pretty fast. As you could see earlier on dolls when I was playing Altana to counter the 2 zombies just planting and standing there I made pretty quick work of them unless both of their toxic clouds were hitting me.

Holy Slayer (+60% damage to infected I belive)

Machine Gunner (extra damage to undead)

Judge of Altana (Immune to knife ulti snare and 90 clip ump45)

I agree that 2 zombies on 1 team is a bit much but as for a zombie nerf I think they are fine they just need to be reduced to 1 per team. There are atleast 3 class's I can remember off the top of my head that are anti undead/zombie races and any race with a snare/perma slow that uses a gun can kill zombies pretty fast. As you could see earlier on dolls when I was playing Altana to counter the 2 zombies just planting and standing there I made pretty quick work of them unless both of their toxic clouds were hitting me.

Exactly, there are plenty of races to counter infected. Those listed, as well as Cinturion the elder(better snare rate than judge), Another Infected, Savage, Duelist, Orc Cheiftain, Molecule, Vigilante, Achmed the Jihadist(fire bullets work fucking insanely well on infected), master sniper(fucking huge amounts of damage for headshot). Need I go on?

So, no, do not limit infected to 1 per team. Then it will be an utter bitch to level, more so than it already is. Infected is a good low level knife race, mainly due to the fact that it gives players a chance to tank the fuck out of some of the higher level races which do a shit ton of damage. In no way is infected overly strong, it is only overly strong when used against people who are either 1)Low levels, 2) Leveling a new race, 3) not paying attention.

So, other than pistol rounds, where infected is mediocre at best, where is it Op at?. Pistol rounds aren't ruined by infected either, as many other races get bonuses on first round, either in form of HP or of Non Pistol guns.

You forgot priest, I've done additional damage to a zombie of somewhere near 100 damage with a p90. Any race with a freeze/slow or root is basically a counter to a zombie. However, if it is a pair of zombies, well you're simply fucked. My favorite race to use against zombies is Machine Gunner, perma freeze.

You forgot priest, I've done additional damage to a zombie of somewhere near 100 damage with a p90. Any race with a freeze/slow or root is basically a counter to a zombie. However, if it is a pair of zombies, well you're simply fucked. My favorite race to use against zombies is Machine Gunner, perma freeze.

Oh priest, I rarely ever play priest, so I wouldn't be that use to using it :x.

Dual zombies are rape, but let's face it, in a 2v1 situation where you are alone, unless you are pro, or are on an OP as fuck race(cough savage), you are generally fucked anyway. So using that argument that 2 zombies against you is rape, well so are two god damn crit nades by two orc horde, or orc chief+ orc horde :/. So that 2v1 argument is generally invalid in this case.

As you pointed out, there are many counters to zombie, basically anything with freeze/slow/stun, which quite a few races have.

Oh priest, I rarely ever play priest, so I wouldn't be that use to using it :x.

Dual zombies are rape, but let's face it, in a 2v1 situation where you are alone, unless you are pro, or are on an OP as fuck race(cough savage), you are generally fucked anyway. So using that argument that 2 zombies against you is rape, well so are two god damn crit nades by two orc horde, or orc chief+ orc horde :/. So that 2v1 argument is generally invalid in this case.

As you pointed out, there are many counters to zombie, basically anything with freeze/slow/stun, which quite a few races have.

Yeah also night elf rapes zombies... Can be countered by: slow, leech, speed, lj, teleport, roots, shopmenu it really isn't that op...

Hell even orcs and duelists own zombies :D

Zombie's are just health pools. Just play Cheiron and you will get over 100 HP from rooting and killing it.

Since there are this many, can we lower the level req on at least one of them? Kinda sucks when your on a team of really low level/new players against 2 zombies and you cant do shit to them.

I mean just like lowering the level of one by 50 or so, not making it a starting race, but currently I think the first of those you get is Judge at level 500? Not sure going off memory but that takes quite a while and can be a pain in the ass in the meantime..

You already have two counters available at the start for Infected. Human and Night Elf are great starters as is and they can cripple him pretty well.

As to the entire idea of nerfing Infected, no point. One person going judge basically forces them to change. Not to mention that various counters are out there, and can also be bought in the shopmenu.

Orc chieftain is a great race to counter a zombie, I do like +100 dmg on most of my hits. Honestly, I suck at zombie and I get owned so I think it's more on the player not the race. I agree with spell, there are people who can't play zombie to save their life (me lmao).

1 player restriction? really? Soon enough every race will have that. Any race can counter a zombie; aim for the head, buy Orb of Frost, buy Mask of Death, anything will work. The only way you'd say it's overpowered is because you have -decent- players, who know what they're doing, are playing on it. It has always been like this, except for the expertise.

I enjoy getting up close and personal with a zombie. More headshots for me :3

Zombie is FAR from being OP.

So many races counter it.

A 25 second cooldown for zombie is ridiculous. If it's raised this high, it's basically a sitting duck.

Nerf zombie...wtf! Best thing to do if youre not an anti-zombie race is to get yourself in a corner if you can't run away . Wait till the zombie comes to you and DONT MOVE. Shoot away at his face, <15 bullets will kill him.

Orc chieftain is a great race to counter a zombie, I do like +100 dmg on most of my hits. Honestly, I suck at zombie and I get owned so I think it's more on the player not the race. I agree with spell, there are people who can't play zombie to save their life (me lmao).

Grr, so true. Orc cheif is retardedly gay when it comes to damage, especially against zombie :/

But yeah, I can see where he is coming from, as i just went 19 in 1 on westwood, people don't like playing against a good zombie, or one who is good with a shit ton of shop items. Shop items help infected so fucking much. Orb of frost + Orb of Fire + Enchanted chainmail + Ring of armor + Disguiser=rape. (That is 13.5k worth of shop menu, not including other shit i normally buy on infected)

But as posted, infected is far from op, just leave it as is.

Nerf zombie...wtf! Best thing to do if youre not an anti-zombie race is to get yourself in a corner if you can't run away . Wait till the zombie comes to you and DONT MOVE. Shoot away at his face, <15 bullets will kill him.

11 with m4/ak will

If anything zombie needs a slight buff that I thought of. Zombies in movies are scary because even though you move faster than them they always catch up because they never stop. Server one zombie needs to not completely stop when rooted but be slowed down to .4 or .5 speed. Zombies are supposed to be unrelenting so this would fit them perfectly.

Personally I think most knife races that don't use long jump to get around are screwed over the most by slows. Although from time to time a slow will get a just starting LJ'er and of course freeze = pwned.

Iam a ok player but i sux with zombie

i must agree with Spell and Atmosphere on this

with tactics zombie is going down

Sign in to follow this