Sign in to follow this  
BLiNDBoi

Drow Queen

But... Drow on Crackhouse is so fun! Shooting T's who camp from underneath them is hilarious, especially when they QQ about it.

Drow queen didnt need anything changed. Its called Nightvision l2buy

Night vision helps when you're on the team of the Drow Queen, if you're not, it doesn't help at all.

Night vision helps when you're on the team of the Drow Queen, if you're not, it doesn't help at all.

I don't think I've ever seen night vision really be helpful at all in my entire gaming on CSS.

I don't think I've ever seen night vision really be helpful at all in my entire gaming on CSS.

I second that, maybe on like dark maps or zombie maps SOMETIMES rarely ever though.

I think drow queen's ultimate should be complete darkness for EVERYBODY. So it's more like an escape tool or a rushing tool rather as a 'kill everything in my ultimate'

In addition with a longer cooldown of course.

I agree however using it on bombs is op no matter what side you're on.

Also the only way the drow should be able to "see" through the darkness is with its beacon.

I don't know if you guys look at the bug reports...

I can see through drow queen (sp?) ultimate when I'm away from it. It shows up as a wireframe. While I'm inside, its pitch black. It might have to do with my settings, I have everything on low and DirectX level set to 8.0.

7e2bef137691070.jpg

Probably has to do with dxlevel 80.

1. Sounds a lot like DirectX8

2. there really shouldn't be that much of an increase in performance going down from 9 to 8 it was always useless for me anyway (only huge increase i get is going from 9 to 7)

3. If you have a card/chipset which only runs dx8 I think your computer might be older than i am... >.<

4. could be really easy or next to impossible to fix server side

The textures are probably specific to DX9+ so unless Yiyas can find some substitute I doubt he can fix it.

I use DX8 every so often for a couple reasons - first, when too many people get on the server and shit starts flying around and laser beams and shit, my computer chokes. Furthermore, ATI cards happen to be missing a certain 16-bit texture dithering feature, which means all the dust on all the maps looks quite solid (like pillars). It's *really* bad on Westwood, means I can't see across even a third of the map, and on maps with skylights like Nuke. DX8 helps a bit with that.

I guess it does have a few advantages for some then,

However on the bright side kikkoman just found a way to make drow bearable!

I honestly hated when i only had a chipset and had to deal with the bullshit of optimizing my graphics, and i completely understand rigging the graphics to make it playable.

Also a titbit of a story here I had tf2 on an old system with dx8 ati card and i could see cloaked spies as black blobs,

I loved to troll them all day long...

I use DX8 every so often for a couple reasons - first, when too many people get on the server and shit starts flying around and laser beams and shit, my computer chokes. Furthermore, ATI cards happen to be missing a certain 16-bit texture dithering feature, which means all the dust on all the maps looks quite solid (like pillars). It's *really* bad on Westwood, means I can't see across even a third of the map, and on maps with skylights like Nuke. DX8 helps a bit with that.

@Bold. You need an upgrade. Even a small upgrade, like 70$ range will do you wonders

The textures are probably specific to DX9+ so unless Yiyas can find some substitute I doubt he can fix it.

No issue with my 5770, might be time for an upgrade.

No issue with my 5770, might be time for an upgrade.

I have a 5770, came from an 8800GTS 320. The ATI card doesn't have a 16-bit ditherer. Take a screenshot of de_westwood from CT spawn looking down the map and compare it to an NVIDIA card.

Either way I look at this Ika, might be related to two possible things, you got a bad card or you got one serious bottleneck.

Well this shit got offtopic lol

Yeah, my system is old and has an E6420 (which is probably the bottleneck). I haven't reinstalled Windows in about three years either so it's kind of a mess. I'm just gonna wait until I have a job and have the cash to build a real system. Either way it's mostly okay for CS, just skips sometimes for random reasons or when too much shit is on the screen.

But my point about ATI cards still stands, I haven't been able to find a solution in two years of googling.

http://www.teamplayergaming.com/counter-strike-source/81229-using-ati-card.html

Here's an example of what I'm talking about, notice how DX8 is better than DX9 with regards to the "light/dust column".

Another example:

http://i33.tinypic.com/9telua.jpg

DX9 - Can't even see through to the other side.

http://i33.tinypic.com/34e8a2q.jpg

DX8 - Much better.

But yes, you are right... this doesn't really belong in this thread... oh well.

Yeah, my system is old and has an E6420 (which is probably the bottleneck). I haven't reinstalled Windows in about three years either so it's kind of a mess. I'm just gonna wait until I have a job and have the cash to build a real system. Either way it's mostly okay for CS, just skips sometimes for random reasons or when too much shit is on the screen.

But my point about ATI cards still stands, I haven't been able to find a solution in two years of googling.

http://www.teamplayergaming.com/counter-strike-source/81229-using-ati-card.html

Here's an example of what I'm talking about, notice how DX8 is better than DX9 with regards to the "light/dust column".

Another example:

http://i33.tinypic.com/9telua.jpg

DX9 - Can't even see through to the other side.

http://i33.tinypic.com/34e8a2q.jpg

DX8 - Much better.

But yes, you are right... this doesn't really belong in this thread... oh well.

I've never had this issue with my 5770 :/.

Also, it is relevant, because it was broughtup as a part of an issue with Drow queen not working correctly on your screen. So it is still relevant.

Honestly, not sure why its doing that for you, As the only maps I have an issue on are Vegas(stupid flashlight bullshit), but thats not GPU related ;/

I've never had this issue with my 5770 :/.

Also, it is relevant, because it was broughtup as a part of an issue with Drow queen not working correctly on your screen. So it is still relevant.

Honestly, not sure why its doing that for you, As the only maps I have an issue on are Vegas(stupid flashlight bullshit), but thats not GPU related ;/

Can you take a screenshot of your de_westwood from CT spawn or de_nuke at bombsite A and post it here?

So I made it a large radius gradual blind and invisibility for those within it. Effectively the exact same cause Drow will see the invis guys.

So I made it a large radius gradual blind and invisibility for those within it. Effectively the exact same cause Drow will see the invis guys.

That sounds perfect, takes away my biggest gripe (not being able to see where one is going at all).

Sign in to follow this