Sign in to follow this  
Todden.Puffer

Seriously this is getting out of hand.

Well this is getting kind of stupid,we SERIOUSLY need more admins on here as quite often RDM's go COMPLETELY unpunished on the server with people just going round shooting people for reasons such as "You were traitor" with NO other reason,we get people going round shooting people,not id'ing the bodies and simply walking off as innocent.

It is ridiculous and it needs sorting out,we need an admin on 24/7 not just in the American timezones

Well this is getting kind of stupid,we SERIOUSLY need more admins on here as quite often RDM's go COMPLETELY unpunished on the server with people just going round shooting people for reasons such as "You were traitor" with NO other reason,we get people going round shooting people,not id'ing the bodies and simply walking off as innocent.

It is ridiculous and it needs sorting out,we need an admin on 24/7 not just in the American timezones

I would like to point out that EVERY ROUND someone complains about an rdm. If there is one player rdming everyone, just let him he will get karma banned. It is impossible to have admins on 24/7 when the server gets as bad as it has with younger kids starting to play. It will take time before we weed out these guys.

I would like to point out that EVERY ROUND someone complains about an rdm. If their is one player rdming everyone, just let him he will get karma banned. It is impossible to have admins on 24/7 when the server gets as bad as it has with younger kids starting to play. It will take time before we weed out these guys.

Its not every round though,its just some people and often they seem to know exactly who to kill(The traitors) so they dont lose karma.

Im not talking about the morons who run round randomly killing everyone we see,im talking about the people who kill one person every round or two.

Its not that hard to get about 2 admins from each major timezone(UTC,GMT etc) so there should be somebody on at most times and there wont be moments like tonight where there has been no admin for about 2 hours solid with rdm's being committed roundly.

I would like to point out that EVERY ROUND someone complains about an rdm. If their is one player rdming everyone, just let him he will get karma banned. It is impossible to have admins on 24/7 when the server gets as bad as it has with younger kids starting to play. It will take time before we weed out these guys.

How old we talkin' here?

we need more dedicated admins like ace or dead pool they been playing for awhile i think there dedication can really improve the way of how people play ttt.

How old we talkin' here?

Its also not just younger kids,for instance this troll by the name of "SkiSki" for example rdm'd me a few rounds ago "because i was traitor" and he sounded about 15-20 judging by the voice(Had DEFINATELY broken though)

The thing is, we need people who actually play often. I've gone into Jailbreak and TTT many times and there hasn't been one SO on for a few hours. I understand that some people can't work it into their time but it has to be considered when picking them out.

The thing is, we need people who actually play often. I've gone into Jailbreak and TTT many times and there hasn't been one SO on for a few hours. I understand that some people can't work it into their time but it has to be considered when picking them out.

Hell im not expecting our current staff to literally waste away their weekends and weekdays to play when they don't feel like it but rather we need MORE people in MORE timezones as(No offence to any of you) pretty much all of the admins are american and are on in american timezones which doesent suit anyone overseas very well at all.

Perhaps make it "easier" for people to apply for admin if they are in an unusual or less patrolled timezone by reducing the time required for it for example?

Yeah, we could definitely use some more admins on ttt, as a admin myself i really try to fill out the gaps when most other admins are offline or sleeping but with up to 25 players on ttt in the morning its pretty hard to be the only admin on. Would be great if it could be given out to some more trusted regular ttt players so we could have atleast 2 admins on 24/7.

Yeah, we could definitely use some more admins on ttt, as a admin myself i really try to fill out the gaps when most other admins are offline or sleeping but with up to 25 players on ttt in the morning its pretty hard to be the only admin on. Would be great if it could be given out to some more trusted regular ttt players so we could have at least 2 admins on 24/7.

Yeah amp being Finnish he is on at the more "european" times so that is a great help(He is the admin i see the most to be honest).

As for giving trusted players admin opening up the applications for admin so they are a little broader and easier would be a great help.

UTehp.png

All of them hours are on this server(I have played nowhere else in gmod) for this week.

I believe i have less of a life

I'm sorry, What?

2lu89c9.jpg

But in all seriousness, Theres not always an admin online when i'm playing, altho there are a few good people who I think should get it, (I dont mean me)

So here is the issue, this is a game and people have lives to live. Yes there are people who play enough that they could have admin, but it is up to staff to hand it out; however, they are having to be extra careful who they give it to because admins have access to the servers RCON. As for people who seem to "know" that you are a traitor, it is nearly impossible to gather evidence that someone is ghosting or traitor hacking, they have to be killing you before you hurt another person, and the punishment is usually a slay next round. Since there are no record for previous bans or punishments we can't increase those punishments for repeat offenders. I understand admins are there to keep the server in order, but they are also there to have fun themselves. If you look at my hours before Blob gave me admin and after you will see my hours drop off. It is because of the constant complaints about RDM and other such issues can make someone quit. Now I am rarely on for more than 3 or more hours in a row due to the effects of dealing with rdmers.

I just think that people need to stop fucking complaining so much, it's what makes TTT annoying sometimes. If a long time player kills you without hard evidence and you are a traitor, it usually is because of how you are acting... it's very easy to tell who the traitors are after playing 200+ hours. But I do think that we need 1 or 2 more SOs/admins. I've noticed that almost everybody who has gotten admin stopped playing as much ;(

I just think that people need to stop fucking complaining so much, it's what makes TTT annoying sometimes. But I do think that we need 1 or 2 more SOs/admins. I've noticed that almost everybody who has gotten admin stops playing as much ;(

Actually, I've started spending much more time on ttt after i got admin, but yeah the part about complaining is somewhat true. Most of the time people complain about an rdm, its usually just a mistake, and those mistakes are often ingredients of what makes ttt fun, but of course there are still mass rdming herpyderps to deal with all the time.

Could always buy admin yourself.

edit: Assuming they offer it for TTT.

admins have access to the servers RCON

NEVER!

---

We've lost a few admins lately, so I'll be adding more shortly

Actually, I've started spending much more time on ttt after i got admin, but yeah the part about complaining is somewhat true. Most of the time people complain about an rdm, its usually just a mistake, and those mistakes are often ingredients of what makes ttt fun, but of course there are still mass rdming herpyderps to deal with all the time.

RDMing can be fun for both parties. I know a few people who will just come up to me and crowbar me or shoot me in the foot, and I am completely fine with it. TTT is for shits and giggles and isn't meant to be taken seriously. But if you are being a dick to me, I will straight up pop you in the face/push you off a ledge/hit you with a barrel. It's just a fuckin game, have fun with it. If you want to kill shit go play CSS. It's just when people excessively RDM that it isn't any fun. I think that we need admins who can make the game more enjoyable, like J_Mafia and Tubbles. They usually won't ban for one RDM and handle every situation individually. They also do random shit like Trouble in Prop Town and spawning zombies that make the game very lulzy... But anyway, whatever we do please don't turn TTT into JB D: No adding rules, offering paid admin, or any of that shit. TTT is one of those servers that brings people into the clan, I don't think that it is supposed to be a cash cow.

Admins automatically have RCON?? haha, wtf.

Well to use the admin commands that say who killed whom during round, and stuff, yeah they do.

It's kinda useless just to have kick, slay, ban, if you can't check a log.

Well to use the admin commands that say who killed whom during round, and stuff, yeah they do.

It's kinda useless just to have kick, slay, ban, if you can't check a log.

There isn't any way to see the logs without RCON?

RDMing can be fun for both parties. I know a few people who will just come up to me and crowbar me or shoot me in the foot, and I am completely fine with it. TTT is for shits and giggles and isn't meant to be taken seriously. But if you are being a dick to me, I will straight up pop you in the face/push you off a ledge/hit you with a barrel. It's just a fuckin game, have fun with it. If you want to kill shit go play CSS. It's just when people excessively RDM that it isn't any fun. I think that we need admins who can make the game more enjoyable, like J_Mafia and Tubbles. They usually won't ban for one RDM and handle every situation individually. They also do random shit like Trouble in Prop Town and spawning zombies that make the game very lulzy... But anyway, whatever we do please don't turn TTT into JB D: No adding rules, offering paid admin, or any of that shit. TTT is one of those servers that brings people into the clan, I don't think that it is supposed to be a cash cow.

That's pretty much what i meant :>

I always find it funny when people try to tell admins what to do...aka "BAN __________" gets spammed so much. I'd wish some people would take 1 second to think before typing in admin chat. Someone who is rdming will likely be caught cause it will continue. While the wrong place wrong time rdm will happen once or twice but won't be a major issue. For the former if someone constantly shoots exploding barrels, throws incendiary gernades/discombobs, it is easy to get evidence and ban, which I should be alerted to. For the later such examples include there being a massive gun fight at the top of the light house and when I enter I see someone run of the staircase and I kill them only to find they came from sewer not top of lighthouse, a simple mistake of wrong place wrong time, which really shouldn't result in any punishment other than the karma lost, yet everytime this happens admins get 3-5 messages saying how someone was rdmed...