Sign in to follow this  
tex1an2

Terraria: Join Us

Bought it last night, played around on it for about 15 minutes, left confused and quizzical. Ill be trying it more after work.

My friend says it gets incredibly addicting as you progress, but I haven't gotten far enough. I'm gonna try to go farther away from my house today before poker and hopefully things will pick up :)

Guest Sandy Balls
someone buy me it yet? :3

Too poor, otherwise im playing with panda.

My friend says it gets incredibly addicting as you progress, but I haven't gotten far enough. I'm gonna try to go farther away from my house today before poker and hopefully things will pick up :)

you know it

There is pretty much nothing else to do after you defeat all the bosses (Done) and explored all the biomes (Jungle, Hellworld, Dungeon, Corruption). You can pretty much just spend your whole time building a awesome house. I may stop playing soon to wait till they update it with more stuff which they apparently said they would be doing a lot. They also said they would be intergrating steam join friends server option which would be cool instead of having someone always asking for IP.

After we got over nostalgia of our first time played minecraft, it got boring really fast.

The difficulty is how much time you put into the game, and there is no real reward to any of it. Once you win, you win forever. There is no dying and losing your precious diamond items, no falling into a pit of creepers with your stacks of iron, nothing. When you beat it, its over. The difficulty has to climb as your character progresses through the world, when you first start you have no health and do 4 damage a hit, after playing for a couple hours you have a bow that hits 15's, and eventually a ball of death that one shots everything in its path. Imagine playing Oblivion if you could just one shot everything in your path because you did a easy side quest.

I feel bad for the wave of people who went out and bought this game from our first reactions alone.

You cant even spend time building shit, because 2d buildings are retarded. You might aswell be spending time in photoshop making pixel art, thats what it feels like. The game needs another dimension to it or else it falls flat.

Its everything minecraft could have been without anything we loved from minecraft.

The only thing this game did is remind me how much wasted potential notch has untapped...

I agree with some of that. Terraria's only been in development since Jan, and look at all it has. Minecraft has been in development for over 2 years... It'd be nice if Minecraft and Terraria combined their efforts. I like that Terraria bypasses a lot of the painstaking parts of Minecraft, but it makes me sad that Minecraft will be forever held back from its full potential because it's not coded in a big boy's language.

I think the main problem for lack of replayability is that items carry across servers. This really just forces players to make a new character if they want replayability, but it's hard because you're giving up all of your cool items you have.

The thing is, the game has tons of potential.

I like the game so far but I can see how it will be boring once I get all the good shit. Me and my friend played for like 8 hours straight last night and I now have blue moon, necro armor, a couple spells, some key accessories and my guy is pretty badass already. I still have many places to explore such as the underground railroad- I mean, Jungle. And The underworld but I love it so far. I've beaten the boss worm, eye of cthulu and skeletron so far.

I agree with some of that. Terraria's only been in development since Jan, and look at all it has. Minecraft has been in development for over 2 years... It'd be nice if Minecraft and Terraria combined their efforts. I like that Terraria bypasses a lot of the painstaking parts of Minecraft, but it makes me sad that Minecraft will be forever held back from its full potential because it's not coded in a big boy's language.

inb4 notch announces Minecraft C port.

inb4 notch announces Minecraft C port.

Maybe if he pays someone else to do it. He's too bad.

For what it's worth, though, I hear Minecraft runs heaps better on Java 7 beta.

Can someone make a thread with a bunch of peoples IP's ? I have tried making my own server but it doesnt work :(

Yeah, no. i doubt anybody would want to put their IP in an open thread on this forum. That is to say, anybody with any brains at all

Yeah, no. i doubt anybody would want to put their IP in an open thread on this forum. That is to say, anybody with any brains at all

hmmm good point. but i did hear about terraria servers. could we get one?

Can someone make a thread with a bunch of peoples IP's ? I have tried making my own server but it doesnt work :(

Sure, mine is 192.168.1.100. Join up!

I've no qualms about supporting good developers, especially when it's such a meager asking price.

Yeah don't fuck indie developers over, they make the really unique and good shit. If you're going to download shit like that, do it to the sellout big name games like Fallout and shit. Rofl. I support them indies like a boss.