Sign in to follow this  
Balthazar

Ignorance: On the rise.

This.

Any documentaries about X topic have to be taken with a tablespoon of salt due to their ungodly bias and usually outdated/old material that has been digitally remastered to look like it was taken recently by modern cameras.

You are forgetting that those documentaries do make a valid observation on society based on whatever point they are arguing. I am not saying bend over and take it up the arse from the documentaries, i am saying a good source of the mentality of American society can be taken from this, true it may not be as extreme, but anyone with any type of common sense should be able to realize that.

@Oracion's south comment, that is true, but America in my opinion has been fucked up for awhile, blaming it on one generation is not the way to go. Southern generation stems from the idiotic rational that was applied during the early days of this country. Sad fact is, most people are stereotypical towards everyone, but fail to realize stereotyping is just another form a discrimination, which includes racism. These people who fail to realize that they are effectively "racist"[as in, they are discriminating toward a group, not necessarily a race] but fail to realize it and call anyone who uses any type of discrimination a racist really are a step backwards themselves.

I am not denying the fact that i am a stereotyper, every fucking one is. Wether they admit it or not. Until most people can realize this and accept this notion and fucking move on, the country's fucking discriminatory problem will not recede, it will only continually grow.

@Oracion's south comment, that is true, but America in my opinion has been fucked up for awhile, blaming it on one generation is not the way to go. Southern generation stems from the idiotic rational that was applied during the early days of this country. Sad fact is, most people are stereotypical towards everyone, but fail to realize stereotyping is just another form a discrimination, which includes racism. These people who fail to realize that they are effectively "racist"[as in, they are discriminating toward a group, not necessarily a race] but fail to realize it and call anyone who uses any type of discrimination a racist really are a step backwards themselves.

That's the problem. The passing of bad traits onto the kids just holds the ignorance throughout the generations. As that happens, it also can spread among others who work with said people. If the kids grow up learning something then said ignorance cannot be dwindled and thus takes longer to do so.

The sad thing is, I don't see this changing anytime soon and I think it'll only increase the gap between the educated and the ignorant if hatred is constantly taught through the ages.

That's the problem. The passing of bad traits onto the kids just holds the ignorance throughout the generations. As that happens, it also can spread among others who work with said people. If the kids grow up learning something then said ignorance cannot be dwindled and thus takes longer to do so.

The sad thing is, I don't see this changing anytime soon and I think it'll only increase the gap between the educated and the ignorant if hatred is constantly taught through the ages.

Cannot agree fucking more here. The only possible way i could see the ignorance to be lessened would be to have a proper education which was not influenced by budget, but alas that will likely never happen.

You mean like the bible?

I kid, I kid

(not really)

!facepalm.

On the hand of ignorance however, I honestly rarely see any racists around in California. Sure we discriminate each other by throwing stereotypes in the name of fun every once in a while, but it's never anything serious. I guess it's just different elsewhere in America.

Personally, I don't think all black people are thugs, however when given the oppurtunity I will avoid them if I can. Not saying I hate all black people as I do have black friends.

So fucking true though. So many fucking ignorant people here in america.

Honestly, it's absolutely disgusting, considering the need for tolerance in the modern world. But what can you do, once a bigot, always a bigot. It's honestly pointless to try and rational why the fuck people think like they do, as most people (in my personal experience) will not change, and if you try to change them, they just spout useless bullshit.

Honestly, if you want to see the true America, go watch good controversial documentaries like Food Inc. Thank you for Smoking and other similar ones. Very good documentaries which highlight idiocy and ignorance in America.

This appears to be a pretty harsh and intolerable thought for one so based in tolerance.

To deny the ability to change is to deny ones humanity.

So lately I've randomly got into a lot of conversations over various topics and I would just like to say, it is amazing how ignorant people are these days, I mean I knew there were a lot of ignorant people, just not this many.

According to recent conversations:

1)Anyone who joins the military is a "gore junkie"

2)All black people are thugs and gangsters.

3)All gays are terrible people and a "disease"

I didn't think people could generalize such a large group of people with such simple statements but it explains why here in America, people are fucking stupid and foreigners hate us.

tl;dr: Foreigners, I hate Americans too. :3

You're far from the wisest owl on the tree yourself, and this post is just one of many that proves it.

Guest J_MaFia

Pussies gonna cower from blacks.

Honestly, if you want to see the true America, go watch good controversial documentaries like Food Inc. Thank you for Smoking and other similar ones. Very good documentaries which highlight idiocy and ignorance in America.

Are you fucking high?

That was a satirical piece based on a fictional book. It wasn't anything close to a documentary.

Also this thread was based on a number of conversations Balthazar had with people, so maybe this shows that Balthazar needs to find new people to hang out with?

Ignorance: On the rise.

That's the antithesis of the current trend. I don't understand the view that people are becoming less and less intelligent. How do you substantiate this belief other than by talking to mental deficients all day?

I didn't think people could generalize such a large group of people with such simple statements but it explains why here in America, people are fucking stupid and foreigners hate us.

I can't get over how hilariously ironic this statement is.

That's the antithesis of the current trend. I don't understand the view that people are becoming less and less intelligent. How do you substantiate this belief other than by talking to mental deficients all day?

I can understand it. . . Technology keeps advancing, our mental faculties keep declining. Quick, do you remember your cell-phone number off hand, or do you have to check?

seriously though,

Our education system is a joke. . . If that were overhauled, maybe things would change.

1)Anyone who joins the military is a "gore junkie"

2)All black people are thugs and gangsters.

3)All gays are terrible people and a "disease"

Aren't these all proven facts?

I've always been aware that being with or associating with idiots slowly influences you for the worse. I think this topic is a prime example of that..

I know man those spicy tacos give me the shits too.

Haha, so that's how you reply to a statement that sums up your thoughts perfectly. And here I thought you were attempting to be serious. I guess you're just a tool. ^^

Haha, so that's how you reply to a statement that sums up your thoughts perfectly. And here I thought you were attempting to be serious. I guess you're just a tool. ^^

failboat-abandoned.jpg

failboat-abandoned.jpg

Meh, I really hate that particular brand of meme, but it is quite fitting. +1 to the fact you're manning up and recognizing the situation you're in. There's not many people that can admit they're wrong even if you did do it with a tasteless picture.