Sign in to follow this  
Balthazar

Tyrael, Angel of Vengeance

Also Inspired from the once great wcs azeroth server from one of my all time favorite wcs races ever.

Most of these skills effects are taken as close as I can remember from the race on azeroth.

Half support, Half offense race.

Tyrael

no restrictions, perhaps spawn with m4 or ak? up to ENG.

required level 3500

7 skills/8 levels each

Smite Evil: Your zeal powers your strikes (+dmg, perhaps +8 total)

Wings of Hope: Your translucent wings emanate power to your allies. ( Team receives +15 hp on spawn)

Wings of Might: Your wings carry your allies on gusts of wind. (Team receives .15 speed and lower gravity on spawn (TBD) )

Purity: No corruption may touch an angel's soul. (Ultimate Immunity)

Cleansed: With each demon slain your burden becomes lighter. (+15 hp per kill)

Angel Wings: Your wings take you far and wide to battle evil. (long jump+low grav)

[ultimate] Sacrifice: You sacrifice yourself so your allies may succeed. (Don't know if this is currently possible since that huge update long ago. This ultimate will ONLY work if you are on the losing team. Even does not count. When activated, you killl yourself to resurrect your entire team, only usable once per round. Again, only works on losing team, is a great, WAS a great tool on that server to get the losing team to pull through every once and a while, sometimes they even lost anyways.

Very helpful in map situations where its leaning towards the 28-2 outcome at the end of the map.

Guest J_MaFia

long jump should be repleased with Zeus speed+gravity, would be pretty beast.

Actually, I'm kind of really digging this one, man.

For the Wings of might skill, is that like speed boost for x amount of time, or permanent boost? I think giving a 3-5 second speed boost could be really useful, but a permanent would be OP. Don't think low grav is necessary though, but for its name's sake, I suppose.

Also, I think you could play on the "angel" type for this race. Smite evil could be like 4-6 vs regular, and +10 or something to undead/demon/zombie/etc and with the health could be like +15 from regular, +25 from undead/zombie/etc.

These are just my thoughts, looks good though.

Edit: I really like the ultimate, but I think it should be limited to like once per 2 rounds or something like that, if that is possible.

The overall race looks fine, but that ult is something to be desired. It's kinda strong to say it'll revive the entire team. I would say maybe 1 person revived every 2 levels? That sounds more balanced.

The overall race looks fine, but that ult is something to be desired. It's kinda strong to say it'll revive the entire team. I would say maybe 1 person revived every 2 levels? That sounds more balanced.

I suppose it would be up to yiyas if he decided to code it.

I'll say that on azeroth it was a greatly loved race and on a server that was 42 players capped reviving a team of 21 people was insane, but it was really fun, and since it was for the losing team, it helped quell some of the ragers (XD) and it was a very well liked race on the server. I say if it ever gets coded for here, try it the way it is now, and if people think its too much, then do exactly what you said Ora. A fine idea indeed if it isn't well received.

Whole team is a bit much :|

You could be last 2 vs last 3 and then just become 15 vs 3. That and if your team is bad enough you'll just double the XP the enemy team gets.

Whole team is a bit much :|

You could be last 2 vs last 3 and then just become 15 vs 3. That and if your team is bad enough you'll just double the XP the enemy team gets.

Would be up to you lol. And hey if the team is bad enough it's their problem not the race's :3

Mm maybe just 3or4 guys wouldn't be so bad.

Would we need a menu that asks the person if they want to respawn?

Yes. It would be useless if you respawned baddies from your team.

Yes. It would be useless if you respawned baddies from your team.

Well if there is a way to code respawning the top scores on your team that are currently dead would solve the whole problem you both stated.

Should be 4 random players even if you could code it to the top 4 players, that way it wouldn't be too stupidly OP.

Well keep in mind only the losing team can do it, and since the losing team half the time has its best players like 12-21 i dont see it being much of an issue...

My only issues are the +15HP/kill, and the resurrect your entire team ultimate.

15HP/kill doesn't seem logical on a race that has long jump in that long jump itself causes more than enough survivability to somebody whom knows how to use it, especially if that race has a halfway decent long jump (Not Tornado Prince or Sharpeye).

Resurrecting your entire team is just ridiculous in itself. My suggestion would be to resurrect the person with the highest score on your team.

My only issues are the +15HP/kill, and the resurrect your entire team ultimate.

15HP/kill doesn't seem logical on a race that has long jump in that long jump itself causes more than enough survivability to somebody whom knows how to use it, especially if that race has a halfway decent long jump (Not Tornado Prince or Sharpeye).

Resurrecting your entire team is just ridiculous in itself. My suggestion would be to resurrect the person with the highest score on your team.

The hp per kill was a random number, it doesnt have evade or spawn with armor or anything i thought 15 would be fine but hey maybe 10 or something.

And I like what others said about 4 people ressurected. It's meant to be multiple people to mix it up and get the teams even if one team is losing. And remember, you kill yourself to ressurect your team, so if youre top fragging...

Guest Horny©at

A diablo race I see.

I think the ultimate should be sacrifice yourself, but instead of resurrection, it heals all teammates currently on the battlefield by 100-150. Take into consideration lurkers and races with set hp lower than 100.

uhh wasnt abilities like Smite Evil that gave a flat amout of extra damage that made races like frost giant on server 2 OP? :P

esp. if you get claws of attack (does that even work?) along with it.

I dunno but it certainly caused flame in server 2, at least it did a while back, im not sure anymore.

Referring mostly to low dmg, high Rate Of Fire guns (TMP basically)

And how about adding another component to the ult that gives it SOME use when your team is winning.

And maybe making the ult so that it revives a certain # of people depending on how many consecutive times the team that this race is on has lost instead of just straight out # of wins/losses.

Taking into consideration how most of the times stacked teams go to like 15-0 and the top 2 players on the winning team leaves and the teamstack just completely turns around.

if that completely cofused you, basically lets say

ct: 0 t: 15

and then the top player switches teams/leaves, making the teams completely favored for the CTs

basically for the last 15 rounds, this race's ulti would be useless, even though Ts are getting pummelled by the CTs

so maybe like 2 or 3 players revived by ult per consecutive loss or so would sort of even it out?

Hp/kill is pretty high, but I like the ultimate, I don't think it is stupid or anything since it will just help "balance teams", honestly it sucks to be on losing team, you can't even buy proper weapons. Also note that the person has to be alive, how many times are you the only surviving person? Not that often I'd say. Even if say you got 2 other guys alive and spawn 10 more, that'll be just fine. It perhaps can be countered by camping their spawn? As they respawn you try to get 'em, dunno if it'd work but...

Also note that the person has to be alive, how many times are you the only surviving person? Not that often I'd say

Just camp @ spawn and let your teammates roll them then you would just resurrect everyone and do it again :P... I like more of these ideas :D

Should be 4 random players even if you could code it to the top 4 players, that way it wouldn't be too stupidly OP.

or

What if the amount of teammates respawned was relative to the difference of the number of live players on each team?

The skill is meant to be a "team balancer" of sorts. I think spawning the top players on the team would make more sense. What's the point in respawning for randys if they are going to be bad and just die again anyways? Then it continues to feed the other team. Plus, I think that we are all looking at it from the stand point that whoever is playing this race is going to be the last person alive, that's not necessarily the case. So I agree that the respawns should be automatically selected, but I don't think that it should be random.

Also, someone said that it should do something still when you're winning. Perhaps you could just make it respawn yourself if your team is winning.

And as for the health/kill thing, I don't see how +15 is high considering remilia has +15/kill with +25hp every 30 seconds + 75% reduction on all but chest shots. The race starts at 115 hp with no evade or reduc or regen, nothing really for survivability aside from longjump. +15/kill isn't bad considering when I play undead lord I sometimes come out with 200+ hp after killing like 2-3 people. Percentage wise, it's bare minimum 15% lifesteal (if you get the kill) but probably even lower than that considering a lot of people have over 100 hp.