Sign in to follow this  
ChosenOne2000

THE Poker Tourney!!!

Mark the date Friday, April 15th 8:00 EST/ 7:00 CST

-=Texas Holdem=-

Jason and I are doing it differently this time around. The prize pool is based on participation. In past tourneys we've averaged 20+ with 1 or 2 prizes. This time if we have 20+ ppl, the winner will receive a steam game of their choice valued at $50. The runnerup will recieve a $25 prize.

"Hey Chosen, what if I suck balls at poker?"

Well young n00blet, thats why I'm adding a iTunes gift card raffle. The first LUCKY player to receive pocket aces (AA) AND win a hand WITH THOSE ACES will win a $25 iTunes gift card.

Yes, the tourney is free to enter. We will be using a web based client from www.5pmpoker.com . This client will eliminate randoms from jumping in our games (unlike pokerstars). Familiarize yourself with it. Players MUST have teamspeak and be logged onto sG's TS server.

Watch the forums! Registration begins the first week in April.

Newfag REF links:

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php?t=37162&highlight=poker

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php?t=35718&highlight=poker

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php?t=35119&highlight=poker

OK, learning from previous tourney’s we know that randoms popping in and out of your game can cause some serious QQ. This is why the tables are we are using a different client.

http://www.5pmpoker.com/

This web based client will allow private tables and only those who receive an invitation will be allowed to sit at the tables.

capturewj.png

In the past people would roll into vent 5,10,15 min late and ask “Can I play?” and I would let you do it. Here’s the kicker. For us to have PRIVATE tables you guys have to be early or just on time.

This shit is gonna take some serious coordination so “help ME help YOU”.

DumbFag Proof:

Step 1: Go to 1st link and register

Step 2: Send me a PM titled “Poker Registration” with the email address you want me to send your invitation. You can create an email address just for this tourney so I can send you the invite if that makes you feel more comfortable.

This is what I have to coordinate:

http://www.5pmpoker.com/sp/supportpages/faces/PrivateTable.jsp

Again….help ME help YOU!

Step3: Watch the forum for your table assignments (see the first post for the table edits)

The tournament format will be different that what you are use to due to the limitations of the web client. The goal for EVERYONE is to stay alive, final chip count doesn’t matter. This shit will be cut throat. Consolidation is the key!

Example: 4 tables of 8 players that start with $2000= 32 ppl……..time passes

4 tables with 4, 6, 3, 3 people = 16 ppl…..CONSOLIDATE!!!!.......now 2 tables with 8 people.

Everyone will restart with the same cash amount.

After registering for the tourney, If you cant make it please send me a PM titled “Poker Tourney Cancelation”

If shit comes up I’ll edit on the fly so keep watching for updates, because this tourney is gonna be a beast!

Jason edits this post:

Prizes contributed by Syndicate Gamers solely depends on the turnout. If you guys are legitimately interested in this for the sake of having fun, then I will raise what is offered as prizes. I am not setting any guarantees for prizes, however stated roughly: If twenty people show up, I'll throw maybe $75 in prizes out. Depending on the turnout, I'll add in a little more. If you fill 32 slots, I might double the prizes (more likely in quantity, IE twice as many people win). First confirmed prize: any available steam game, or a $50 newegg giftcard.

Table Assignments

sG 1

Ivanns, Shuda51 (possible withdraw), Guitar Guy, Balthazar, diabeticdaniel, Sit and Pee

sG 2

Beefwipe, Sketch, Oasis, EchoFourTweleve, Ctark, Silent_Shot, Mitch, armyofone

sG 3

Fruggles, waffle, Joscal, rAwR, Ponder, sgt. fabulous, Empire

sG 4

whisper-er, trigga,Illogical, Lt Turbo, Renegade, PolloLoco, Honey, S3x

sG 5

titan, iyedol, Bowser, ChosenOne2000, skitt, Lopez

sG 6

TTD, Charlie Ceen, Jopo, Ctark, Aero

Guest Tasty

inb4 4 lovely gentlemen thank me

dude this sounds beast. balthazar gonna ginger up this tourney *goes to website*

THIS WILL BE SO EASY I TOTAL PWN AT POKER NIGHT AT THE INVENTORY

trollface.jpg

The web client isn't no where near as smooth as pokerstar, but to many people bitches about randoms and this will keep them out. Either way I am going to win so /poker

Edit: I don't see why we do not use Partypoker or Fulltilt and just make private rooms there....but whatev

Full tilt would be a good solution to the client, but organization of the actual tournament might be problematic :L

@C12K/Jason, I'm frighteningly well-versed in both PStars and Full Tilt, so if you want me to shoot something your way, I'll look into it :)

Guest Sit and Pee

Let's do it, homes.

Yes please!

<-- Winner of the last tournament stepping up to defend his title ;)

Much love to Chosen for hosting these tourneys!

Yes please!

<-- Winner of the last tournament stepping up to defend his title ;)

Much love to Chosen for hosting these tourneys!

Cuz i wasn't there you won.

C12k is there any other site that we can use, just not this one. This site feels buggy and it doesn't look appealing at all :/

The reason we are using this is because it makes this easier for Chosen who is hosting these tournaments on his own time. Just suck it up who cares if it looks like shit. If we play on pokerstar people are gona bitch if we play on this site people r gona bitch. Just play some poker who cares about the client you are all still going to lose to me.

We're not......happy bday

Currently 17 people have entered the tourney.

I'm sorry if i didn't read it in-depth enough but when are those invites going out? i signed up almost as soon as this poker thing came up and my email hasn't gotten anything, not impatient, just don't want to be left out is all. If its days before or day of the tourney then cool beans sir.

I'm sorry if i didn't read it in-depth enough but when are those invites going out? i signed up almost as soon as this poker thing came up and my email hasn't gotten anything, not impatient, just don't want to be left out is all. If its days before or day of the tourney then cool beans sir.

See step 3