Sign in to follow this  
Don Danzone

Rogue of Kartosh

I think this race should be nerved or removed, it's fucking lame to start your round and get knifed in the fucking ass regardlessly if you can do anything or not (and 99% of the times you are chanceless).

Eventhough its pretty fun to play, it's a cheap and low life SOAB race.

I'd like to see it removed or atleast nerved bigtimes...

Discuss:

Guest armyofone

A bunch of races were added about a week ago and at least 2 of them have an anti-knife skill. Play those races if it's getting on your nerves.

Guest J_MaFia

Wcs2 isnt getting the attention it deservers. It's always empty compared to wcs1.

I lol at chosen calling people bad yet he has a level 85 Rouge lmao.

Haha, just something you have to realize about WCS2. There's a reason why its population is declining. It's riddled with poor races.

I don't want to insult anyone here, but I'm not going to lie.. This is why I'm starting to switch back over to server 1, people whoring a race like rogue. I still play wcs2 of course because there's some really cool people to play with there, but I'm finding wcs1 more enjoyable as far as play goes.

Wcs2 isnt getting the attention it deservers. It's always empty compared to wcs1.

Upon the initial release of WCS2, it was more populated than WCS1. The population is now shifting back to WCS1.

just so we're clear, I don't even play rogue except to lvl it but I have to say. . . If you are that butthurt about getting knifed every once in a while, stop playing. Rogue's teleport causes it's death as often as the target's in my experience.

Upon the initial release of WCS2, it was more populated than WCS1. The population is now shifting back to WCS1.

Because as Yiyas said in another thread, it was more races to play. People have played all the races WCS2 has to offer, so now they're back to WCS1.

Rogue's teleport causes it's death as often as the target's in my experience.

That's what happens when you play a one trick pony. You die.

Because as Yiyas said in another thread, it was more races to play. People have played all the races WCS2 has to offer, so now they're back to WCS1.

Sure, new things attract people. As time passes, people revert to what they enjoy more.

Stop complaining about rogue.....seriously.

It was originally in wcs2, never was it taken out, I don't see why it should be taken out now.

Yea i dont think its should be removed, I would have to agree with aero cause it was in the server from the beginning.
I don't want to insult anyone here, but I'm not going to lie.. This is why I'm starting to switch back over to server 1, people whoring a race like rogue. I still play wcs2 of course because there's some really cool people to play with there, but I'm finding wcs1 more enjoyable as far as play goes.

Well just 1 hour ago I was playing dust2 and someone was a rogue, i got targeted 6 rounds in a row (as the first one and a total of 14+ times in 1 fucking map), that's just fucking GAY. and I think its rediculous that everyone is talking about removing the race, but

I remember that rogue wasn't this good (before big css update), so we might aswell look at the possibilities to nerv it a bit? Maybe put a change on teleport? OR a 0.5 seconds notice to the player that gets targeted...

WHAT EVER.

Last night I went 25 and 2 on white mage, I was then switched to a new race. I tried to switch back and it changed me again. I think the server has a new plug in? The problem is people whoring races, they play the same races everyday knowing that it makes people rage. I don’t think the race needs to be removed but I think the server needs a plugging that removes people off of certain races once they reach say level 60+ and they will not be aloud to play it again. Not all races just some that are know to cause problems like rogue.

Last night I went 25 and 2 on white mage, I was then switched to a new race. I tried to switch back and it changed me again. I think the server has a new plug in? The problem is people whoring races, they play the same races everyday knowing that it makes people rage. I don’t think the race needs to be removed but I think the server needs a plugging that removes people off of certain races once they reach say level 60+ and they will not be aloud to play it again. Not all races just some that are know to cause problems like rogue.

That's stupid.....you're playing a race to never be able to play it again?

Last night I went 25 and 2 on white mage, I was then switched to a new race. I tried to switch back and it changed me again.

Haha, I hit that plugin the first day it was implemented. It doesn't affect me because I only play CSS for like 20-ish minutes (if that) at a time. <3 Troll and Keeper. No one seems to whore those 2 races except for me. ):

Summary: QQ any race that kills me is OP. It just happend to be rogue this time.

Overpowered? Nah. Stupid mechanic? Yes. Doesn't bother me because I don't play CSS too often, and I'm usually on WCS1 if I do play. Looking at the population trend, it seems that most people agree with me.

Well just 1 hour ago I was playing dust2 and someone was a rogue, i got targeted 6 rounds in a row (as the first one and a total of 14+ times in 1 fucking map), that's just fucking GAY. and I think its rediculous that everyone is talking about removing the race, but

I remember that rogue wasn't this good (before big css update), so we might aswell look at the possibilities to nerv it a bit? Maybe put a change on teleport? OR a 0.5 seconds notice to the player that gets targeted...

WHAT EVER.

This really is my problem with it. The targeting on it is nowhere near random. I don't mind if I occasionally get killed by it, but not being able to play for many consecutive rounds is pretty homoerotic.

What happened to the push it used to do? Was it reverted back to its original behavior or is it slightly modified from that?

I agree with chosen, if gun races can easily get over 4:1 and whore, then why can't knife races be just as powerful/have the same capabilities.

I agree with chosen, if gun races can easily get over 4:1 and whore, then why can't knife races be just as powerful/have the same capabilities.

They can be. It's called Troll.

You're missing the point.

I have an idea for a race, guys: 15 seconds into the round, without me even having to touch my keyboard or mouse, it'll target the top player on the opposite team, kill them, then kill me. Cool idea??

You're missing the point.

I have an idea for a race, guys: 15 seconds into the round, without me even having to touch my keyboard or mouse, it'll target the top player on the opposite team, kill them, then kill me. Cool idea??

People wont openly admit it, but I rape face with MANY knife races. Do you know how many times I've rogued into a room with 5 people and raped at least 4 of them? Most players can barely keep a 1:1. On a bad day I'll finish a map 2:1, but I average 3:1 because I know how to play a knife race. Knife races either have high health and no speed or high speed and no health. I use ALOT of strategy when I play any knife race. Think about it. The people bitching about rogue are the ones that go 8-26 who WISH they could have a 2:1 lets say a rouge killed you 6 times, who killed you the other 20??????

tldr?

Summary: Haters gonna hate

The reason people bitch about it is because people abuse it by just camping and ONLY killing people with the Teleport knife and then they go hide again... Which requires NO SKILL at all. At least on gun races you have to aim for the person and not just click rmb every 30 seconds to victory. If its even being considered i think changing the teleport cd to 45-60 seconds would fix this.

People wont openly admit it, but I rape face with MANY knife races. Do you know how many times I've rogued into a room with 5 people and raped at least 4 of them? Most players can barely keep a 1:1. On a bad day I'll finish a map 2:1, but I average 3:1 because I know how to play a knife race. Knife races either have high health and no speed or high speed and no health. I use ALOT of strategy when I play any knife race. Think about it. The people bitching about rogue are the ones that go 8-26 who WISH they could have a 2:1 lets say a rouge killed you 6 times, who killed you the other 20??????

tldr?

You whore shopmenu/health and spawn behind the team, hints why you rape 4 of them. Just sayin.

tldr?

There're plenty of good knife races. Rogue just isn't one of them for the reason I implied above.