Sign in to follow this  
UnknownLegend

Syndicate Gamers Digest Vol. 14 [3/18/2011]

If you're not active on the forums, you're not active with the community. It's really not hard to see that.

Not necessarily true, they can be active on the servers. But I do understand that people who do not post a lot are not generally active with community affairs (community meetings and whatnot).

If you're not active on the forums, you're not active with the community. It's really not hard to see that.

Ahahahaha wow... -.- Honestly? No. Big no. I am on the forums almost every day, yet not so many posts. Why? Cause I tend to NOT post meaningless shit.

I disagree. I've only got 6xx posts, but I've got 16d play time on S1 since the last stat reset. Not to mention whatever hours I had prior to the two resets before that.

not really likin things :/

There is always room for improvement

I think the new system for getting free admin is okay in a way that benefits old fags. But for the new fags it's just a way to test them out to see if they are actually committed to the community or not. However, IMO I think it's better off to count the time spent in the server to balance off the post requirements, so we would have less people complaining about the post requirement.

The post requirements can't not be there. As the Elite + groups will gain access to things like discounts and free admin, I do not want them to be something easily attainable. You need to show a dedication to the community on all fronts.

Let me throw this out there: me giving out discounts/free admin is effectively me paying people to play on our servers. Considering our current position financially, with a relatively small subscriber base on our new paypal, we can't afford to be paying the bills AND give out free admin. At the rate we are currently getting subscribers/payments/donations, we will pay for HALF our server bill. So while I would like to recognize those who are dedicated, I would rather keep this community and the servers alive.

That being said, when our subscriber base does increase I would love to be able to offer things to those who have been around for a while. Ideally I would like to be able to have give-aways and raffles, and do more things like C1's poker tournament. But at this point, we can't afford to.

Although we got several Server Officers for TTT, I think we need more active ones. I'm not saying that the current ones are bad or don't go online that much but I've been on far too many times where there are no admins on to do anything to RDMers and the likes.

Although we got several Server Officers for TTT, I think we need more active ones. I'm not saying that the current ones are bad or don't go online that much but I've been on far too many times where there are no admins on to do anything to RDMers and the likes.

I don't know how many times it's been said, if you think a certain SO shouldn't have it or that someone else should have it, contact a staff member

I don't know how many times it's been said, if you think a certain SO shouldn't have it or that someone else should have it, contact a staff member

WHICH STAFF MEMBER DO I CONTACT?!

But if we were to complain to a staff about someone not deserving it, that would cause trouble. lol

I think the new system for getting free admin is okay in a way that benefits old fags. But for the new fags it's just a way to test them out to see if they are actually committed to the community or not. However, IMO I think it's better off to count the time spent in the server to balance off the post requirements, so we would have less people complaining about the post requirement.

AFK spectating to free admin ftw.

But if we were to complain to a staff about someone not deserving it, that would cause trouble. lol

Only if whoever you complain to tells the person you complain about

Complain to Mitch. He's the had of the SO department.

You could contact me, but I'd just ignore it.

Only if whoever you complain to tells the person you complain about

This. Or if you complain in red text.

So how much money is the clan making off these ads?

something like 100$ a year.. lol or it was like that the last time we ran it.

edit - at least I think

something like 100$ a year.. lol or it was like that the last time we ran it.

edit - at least I think

We never ran ads when you were staff. The numbers I heard were from P2, no idea if they're real or not.

Guest J_MaFia

I'm the only JBfag not getting anything :(

We never ran ads when you were staff. The numbers I heard were from P2, no idea if they're real or not.

we did. I just wasn't JCS at the time, and it never went down because it was crap

edit - I guess thats 2 times. from when I was staff. 1 attempted when I wasn't JCS. another where it didn't make it past staff forum because it was crap.

Sign in to follow this