Sign in to follow this  
xmen

Face back to cells..

Seriously we have to do something for this... We keep having so many freekills... So, apparently there is no difference between:

Take one step out, face back to cells and freeze.

Take one step out, face your backs to your cells and freeze.

Discuss.. Do we keep this as killmagnet. So when ever the word back and face are together you have to do the exact opposite?

Guest checkster

Its called baiting man.

I do it all the time, and I do repeat if asked.

Order is valid.

"Take one step out, face back to cells, and freeze," is ambiguous. Can either mean to face your back towards your cell or to face back in the direction of your cell. Basically we just need less people who are fags on the serv.

I could only see it meaning facing your back to teh cells when the second command is said, if the first one is said then you need to face your face to the cell. This has been an issue before and seems to remain...

Face back to cells means face the cells, but only if you've previously faced them before.

Face back to cells (If you haven't faced the cells before) Is improper grammar.

Face YOUR back to cells is pretty obvious.

I don't see why this is difficult for people to understand.

"Take one step out, face back to cells, and freeze," is ambiguous.

No, it really isn't.

No, it really isn't.

Yeah, actually it is for the reason I stated. The fact that people constantly get killed by it also proves that. It isn't the best syntax, but who speaks with perfect syntax.

Guest Tasty

This should be enforced before other CT's use it.

yah it's the same as turn back to your cells... Or turn back to where you came from... so according to checkster you have to turn your backs to the object... ??? so if you have been at disco and warden says run back to disco... it means only your back has to go there or you get killed??? right checkster?

Guest checkster

I cant see anything wrong with saying face you'r back to cells.

It a pretty damn clear order.

I can understand that some people wont always hear whats said, due to talk over warden, ect, but then you ask for a repeat.

To face is to LOOK in a direction, since you are in fact looking in the opposite direction of the cells, facing your back to the cell is invalid.

To face is to LOOK in a direction, since you are in fact looking in the opposite direction of the cells, facing your back to the cell is invalid.

But you're telling your BACK to FACE the cell, so it's like treating your back as a face.

Guest checkster

No its not, one can easily face a boddy part at a giving direction.

Facing you'r back to the cells, is pretty damn clear english.

Only someone who dont speak english will miss understand that one.

Though you're fairly right on this point, I'm not sure you have the English ability to qualify the level of clarity of any English phrase.

Face your backs to cells has a singular meaning. Can be confusing, but its meaning is singular. Face back to cells can have multiple meanings.

No its not, one can easily face a boddy part at a giving direction.

THE MOTHER FUCKING IRONY HURTS

Guest checkster
Though you're fairly right on this point, I'm not sure you have the English ability to qualify the level of clarity of any English phrase.

Face your backs to cells has a singular meaning. Can be confusing, but its meaning is singular. Face back to cells can have multiple meanings.

Grantet my spelling suck's but my spoken english is better than most americans.

You're back is not a face. To face something means to have your face pointing at it. /Thread

Actually, no. To "face" something does not literally mean to point your face towards it when talking about objects.

(sometimes it does, but only when you are talking about a person as a whole e.c. "Face towards your cell" means both: turn your face towards your cell AND turn towards your cell)

Face is both a noun and a verb.

Noun: Front; exterior; surface - "Dew dripped from the face of the leaf"

Verb: To turn towards; to be oriented in a certain direction - "The building faces the park."

Now, when you are talking about facing your BACK to a cell, I believe that it is grammatically correct.

You are a human. You have different objects (body parts) that combine to form your body. When specifically talking about one individual body part, you treat it as an object.

SO, when you say "Face your back towards your cell" (which is probably what OP meant in the first post... grammar error???) you are facing the FRONT of that object (your back) towards the cell.

Now, there really is no need to add or change a rule due to very detailed technicalities... but seriously, if you give orders like that you need to get some chemotherapy, because you are the cancer that is killing JB (admittedly, I did this too when I played JB... people change).

And as I've said before, it's improper grammar and should be treated as baiting/freekilling.

Guest checkster
And as I've said before, it's improper grammar and should be treated as baiting/freekilling.

I slay for that.

But I use the "face you'r backs to cells" my self.

I cant see anything wrong with it.

We all know I cant spell, but my spoken english is fucking perfect.