Sign in to follow this  
UnknownLegend

Community Meeting

Next Saturday, February 26, there will be a community meeting in which staff will talk with anyone willing about the direction of the community through 2011 and onward. Tentatively, we're scheduling this for around 3:00PM US Eastern time. We want the vent server maxed, which means there can be as many as 40 members in there with us talking.

Some things we'll be discussing, at this point:

1) New servers to be launched in the next 2-3 months: WCS2 beta, Gmod DarkRP beta and TTT final, ZombieMod by Audiovox

2) Repopulating and revitalizing JB and ZE. Come Monday night, the load on our gameservers should be SIGNIFICANTLY reduced, making ZE playable again, and making JB and WCS run much smoother. What can we do to get our two most popular servers, once ranked as two of the top 10 servers in the world (According to GameTracker) back to their former glory?

3) How are the new forums looking, overall? Be sure to use the forum suggestions subforum to suggest plugins, features, or skins!

4) Moving from Ventrilo (50 slot server, $15 a month) to Teamspeak (we designate slots, admin permissions, and it's free)

5) New games? Branching out?

6) Recruitment-- how's the current system working? Are the people that shouldn't be getting in being blocked? Does the whole 1 month system discourage people who would be good members from joining? Even though community members don't have a concrete vote, do you feel like your voice is being heard?

Furthermore, the new forums will go live this Monday, February 21st, by 11:59PM US Western Time. This is a deadline that Jason has set for himself, give him lots and lots of shit if it's not done by then. Aside from the four new skins (plus one more forthcoming), having the forums run on an updated version of vB, mobile users should be happy to note that there will be integrated mobile navigation*, so surfing on your phones should be much easier!

**The mobile feature is still a little buggy, but we're *hoping* to have all the bugs worked out by Monday.

Next Saturday, February 26, there will be a community meeting in which staff will talk with anyone willing about the direction of the community through 2011 and onward. Tentatively, we're scheduling this for around 3:00PM US Eastern time. We want the vent server maxed, which means there can be as many as 40 members in there with us talking.

1) New servers to be launched in the next 2-3 months: WCS2 beta, Gmod DarkRP beta and TTT final, ZombieMod by Audiovox

2) Repopulating and revitalizing JB and ZE. Come Monday night, the load on our gameservers should be SIGNIFICANTLY reduced, making ZE playable again, and making JB and WCS run much smoother. What can we do to get our two most popular servers, once ranked as two of the top 10 servers in the world (According to GameTracker) back to their former glory?

3) How are the new forums looking, overall? Be sure to use the forum suggestions subforum to suggest plugins, features, or skins!

4) Moving from Ventrilo (50 slot server, $15 a month) to Teamspeak (we designate slots, admin permissions, and it's free)

6) Recruitment-- how's the current system working? Are the people that shouldn't be getting in being blocked? Does the whole 1 month system discourage people who would be good members from joining? Even though community members don't have a concrete vote, do you feel like your voice is being heard?

Furthermore, the new forums will go live this Monday, February 21st, by 11:59PM US Western Time. This is a deadline that Jason has set for himself, give him lots and lots of shit if it's not done by then. Aside from the four new skins (plus one more forthcoming), having the forums run on an updated version of vB, mobile users should be happy to note that there will be integrated mobile navigation*, so surfing on your phones should be much easier!

**The mobile feature is still a little buggy, but we're *hoping* to have all the bugs worked out by Monday.

I'll try to get on vent just to listen, I don't really have any questions about the servers in general. Maybe speak my opinion on some topics.

Also, THANK YOU FOR THE BOLDED PORTION.

Instead of paying for vent, why don't you host in yourselves, on one of your own servers?

(inb4 the self hosted servers only hold 8 ppl)

Just use a good debugger, and change the program to a 100 slot (or 50 if you want)......

I'll try to be there, should be an interesting talk.

* New servers to be launched in the next 2-3 months: WCS2 beta, Gmod DarkRP beta and TTT final, ZombieMod by Audiovox

* Repopulating and revitalizing JB and ZE. Come Monday night, the load on our gameservers should be SIGNIFICANTLY reduced, making ZE playable again, and making JB and WCS run much smoother.

* New games? Branching out?

* Furthermore, the new forums will go live this Monday, February 21st, by 11:59PM US Western Time.

* integrated mobile navigation

Excited :D

Not reserving slots for anyone, because then everyone will be like "SAVE ME A SLOT!" and they might not actually come on time, if at all. First come, first serve. If you've got an opinion to be heard, feel free to voice it here too-- this meeting is just a more official way of talking with us.

Sounds like a plan. I'm glad shits getting done.

Edit: Can I reserve a slot?

first come first serve isnt it? plus it's not members only

Hurr.... I'll try to listen in using my shitty phone -- but I won't guarantee being there or anything.

12:00PM Saturday is a little too early for me. Sorry guys, I'll try my best to be there.

around 3:00PM US Eastern time.

I'll never know what time that is unless sometime tells me how to convert this shit.

Great idea, I use teamspeak 3, its free, faster, smoother, and sexy. I like it.

Guest Tasty

I'll definitely have a handful to say about number 6, but that's just me.

New forums? Sweet!

Great idea, I use teamspeak 3, its free, faster, smoother, and sexy. I like it.

I wish Android had a nice TeamSpeak app :(

If there will be dedicated servers, REAL dedicated servers (none of this Gameservers bullshit), then it's something we can look at. Jason and I actually talked about it a little bit earlier.

We have a BlackOps server just sitting around right now. Not really a lot we can do though, because it's not on our box... only Gameservers leases BlackOps servers.

If there will be dedicated servers, REAL dedicated servers (none of this Gameservers bullshit), then it's something we can look at. Jason and I actually talked about it a little bit earlier.

We have a BlackOps server just sitting around right now. Not really a lot we can do though, because it's not on our box... only Gameservers leases BlackOps servers.

Knowing Dice, I imagine the servers will be just like BF2. I highly doubt they'll go the MW2 course and have no dedicated servers.

Knowing Dice, I imagine the servers will be just like BF2. I highly doubt they'll go the MW2 course and have no dedicated servers.

BFBC2 was Gameservers only too, and the server browser left a lot to be desired. We couldn't customize it nearly as much, and our box was a lot better then the one that Gameservers had the servers on. It pisses us off when we can't run our own Dedis, because generally we can run the servers better.