Sign in to follow this  
UnknownLegend

Today...

I decided to test the reliability of some of the guns out on a few AFKs. Here's what I found with the shotgun, M4A1, and Deagle:

Deagle on Coinstar-- 2 shots point blank to the head, took both shots to kill him.

M4A1 on Guitar Guy-- 25 shots to the head, point blank, taken slowly, one after the other. Note that a clip is 20 shots.

Shotgun on Coinstar-- 2 shots point blank to the head, took both shots.

Blob, any idea what the fuck is going on? Is the server tickrate low? Is it just the way Gmod works? Because seriously, this is horseshit.

M4A1 on Guitar Guy-- 25 shots to the head, point blank, taken slowly, one after the other. Note that a clip is 20 shots.

I TOLD HIM I TOLD HIM I TOLD HIM that gun was completely nerfed and useless. "It's good now, I increased the firing rate." he said.

FUCK THAT.

It's not the firing rate bro, it's the fact that I could do more damage to someone slapping them with my soggy 3 inch flacid penis.

Thanks for this Junzou.

There is no way to change the tickrate on the OB engine (from what I've heard)

The M4A1 does 23 damage per shot. Aim better.

Deagle headshot 1 hit kill

Shotgun in head, also 1 hit.

If you've played any other TTT server, you'd know they are all pretty much like this. Something to do with the mod..

EDIT: also if you're killing innocents, you are losing karma, and you lose damage percentage. Also maybe you do less damage to innocent and innocent? Not sure.

The M4A1 does 23 damage per shot. Aim better.

Deagle headshot 1 hit kill

Shotgun in head, also 1 hit.

If you've played any other TTT server, you'd know they are all pretty much like this. Something to do with the mod..

EDIT: also if you're killing innocents, you are losing karma, and you lose damage percentage. Also maybe you do less damage to innocent and innocent? Not sure.

I was at 1K karma. These were spaced out throughout the day. Maybe your comprehension level is low, let me clarify:

Point blank = the muzzle of my gun was on their head

Taken slowly = 1-2 shots per second, not spam, carefully adjusted to go through his fucking eye

Yesterday I remember emptying 40 rounds from the M249 into two guys in the vent in Assault, once again at point blank range. I didn't kill either one of them. Something is wrong.

EDIT:: Once again, I fired 25 shots. Even if my karma was resulting in a damage reduction of say, 50%, it should not have taken 25 HEAD SHOTS AT POINT BLANK RANGE to kill someone.

Sketch has also reported several times being a Traitor and shooting AFKs (and others) at point blank with a Deagle and it not killing them.

OH darn, you explained the karma already... I dunno, I get one shot kills with the deagle to the dome and it only takes like 4-5 shots from an m16 to the head to kill someone from my experience, it's my favorite gun lol.

HOW LOW WAS YOUR KARMA LOL? DERP.

Karma damage reduction for the loss.

I would have to have karma low enough to reduce my damage to 1/6th, so whatever the level is that reduces it by 83.5%.

(I'm pretty sure that's lower than the threshold we allow before banning people)

Maybe an AFK thing I suppose, there is nothing in the config for AFK protection thought.

All TTT servers have damage like this though, by the way.

Blob, any idea what the fuck is going on? Is the server tickrate low? Is it just the way Gmod works? Because seriously, this is horseshit.

Both, and yes it is horseshit.

There is, but it's typically not a good idea to mess with it. I believe the tickrate on TTT is 33. It's pretty bad, but GMOD's hard on a server. Not exactly a well-optimized game.

Took me 3 shots to kill AFK J_Mafia today with a shotgun to the face.

Has something to do with AFK's then. I'll drop the AFK timer to like 90 seconds or lower.

Well, that would help with AFK's, and note that I'm not saying guns need a nerf-- I'm commenting on the unreliability of damage and registered hits, I guess. My guess is it does have to do with the tic rate, but we probably shouldn't mess with that before consulting Jason.

OH darn, you explained the karma already... I dunno, I get one shot kills with the deagle to the dome and it only takes like 4-5 shots from an m16 to the head to kill someone from my experience, it's my favorite gun lol.

Same for me. I would prefer a better gun over the M16 but it still gets the job done...sometimes.

it is similar on EVERY TTT server as me and my friend play on quite alot and by the sounds of it as you are trying on a non moving player there is something at work!

you can have 1 shot kill deagle on a player that has moved and then static infront of you

Chikendinner

I'm pretty sure in addition to Gmod/TTT gaying the server, it also has something to do with the actual body and bullet entities...again a GMod thing. I'll look and see if I can find the article :L