Sign in to follow this  
Illogical

Junzou is made

well, the water tank doesn't measure Body Mass Index, it measures % body fat

Scientifically speaking, it seems like it ought to be able to do both. BMI is just a fancy term for body density...one-dimensional body density, though.

Oh, and Illogical, you're gay.

Scientifically speaking, it seems like it ought to be able to do both. BMI is just a fancy term for body density...one-dimensional body density, though.

You know why I have respect for you?

I can deadlift 500, come at me bro

Deadlifting, when you have proper form, has nothing to do with your erector spinae. EDIT: the only role they should be playng is stabilization, otherwise they are compensating for weak hamstrings and glutes, which could fuck up your lumbar spine.I'd be curious to see what postural distortions you have, my money is on upper-cross syndrome and a posteriorly tilted pelvis. Just saiyan.

Come at me bro.

Guest Fohacidal
5'11", 155lb

Yep.

skinny giant at 21.6 wat?

6'1 - 175lb

BMI of 23.7

....apparantly I'm on the fringe of being overweight.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

I had Dinner already, but oh boy...I could go for some fucking Hot Wings right now.

Holy shit those look tasty.

its a body mass index, so no it wont

all it measures is the amount of weight per inch of height you have, roughly

anyone could be 5'5" 200lbs and 5% bf or 5'5" 200lbs and 45% bf, it figures in none of this

to measure bf you have to use indirect methods of measurement which are normally inaccurate, the only way to directly test is to throw your body in a giant blender and put it on puree, then extract the fat and weigh it

Deadlifting, when you have proper form, has nothing to do with your erector spinae. EDIT: the only role they should be playng is stabilization, otherwise they are compensating for weak hamstrings and glutes, which could fuck up your lumbar spine.I'd be curious to see what postural distortions you have, my money is on upper-cross syndrome and a posteriorly tilted pelvis. Just saiyan.

Come at me bro.

depending on what form you use, if you are a sumo deadlifter then you would be correct

but if you are a conventional deadlifter you use your erector spinae in the top portion of the lift, otherwise you'll never hit a full lockout, and don't make me post pictures of my hamstrings, my ass is also quite huge, I have amazing posture

and you can't say your erector spinae have nothing to do with deadlifting, go and do a heavy ass deadlift session even with your perfect form, and the next day tell me your lower back isn't sore

now u come at me

its a body mass index, so no it wont

all it measures is the amount of weight per inch of height you have, roughly

anyone could be 5'5" 200lbs and 5% bf or 5'5" 200lbs and 45% bf, it figures in none of this

to measure bf you have to use indirect methods of measurement which are normally inaccurate, the only way to directly test is to throw your body in a giant blender and put it on puree, then extract the fat and weigh it

depending on what form you use, if you are a sumo deadlifter then you would be correct

but if you are a conventional deadlifter you use your erector spinae in the top portion of the lift, otherwise you'll never hit a full lockout, and don't make me post pictures of my hamstrings, my ass is also quite huge, I have amazing posture

and you can't say your erector spinae have nothing to do with deadlifting, go and do a heavy ass deadlift session even with your perfect form, and the next day tell me your lower back isn't sore

now u come at me

Your lower back should be isometrically contracting the entire time, bearing the weightload, that is why it gets sore. During the lock-out your pelvis should be thrust forward due to hamstrings contracting not a concentric erector spinae contraction - that's how you blow out your back. And I'm not just talking sumo deadlifts, but romanian and straightleg as well. Upper-cross has nothing to do with your hamstrings. In any exercise, form > weight, or you develop altered length-tension relationships and improper firing patterns - which would results in excessive use of the erector spinae group in the final phase of the deadlift to reach lockout ;)

Your lower back should be isometrically contracting the entire time, bearing the weightload, that is why it gets sore. During the lock-out your pelvis should be thrust forward due to hamstrings contracting not a concentric erector spinae contraction - that's how you blow out your back. And I'm not just talking sumo deadlifts, but romanian and straightleg as well. Upper-cross has nothing to do with your hamstrings. In any exercise, form > weight, or you develop altered length-tension relationships and improper firing patterns - which would results in excessive use of the erector spinae group in the final phase of the deadlift to reach lockout ;)

anyone who sits around focusing on form their entire lifting career, ends up being 155lbs forever, I agree its important, but doesn't always come first

and what was your point in the first place? even tho my back is maintaining a strong arch its still being used when I deadlift 500, so your first response was wrong, I need my extremely buff lower back to deadlift 500lbs good form or not, it does indeed have something to do with your erector spinae

come at me bro

anyone who sits around focusing on form their entire lifting career, ends up being 155lbs forever, I agree its important, but doesn't always come first

and what was your point in the first place? even tho my back is maintaining a strong arch its still being used when I deadlift 500, so your first response was wrong, I need my extremely buff lower back to deadlift 500lbs good form or not, it does indeed have something to do with your erector spinae

come at me bro

That isn't true at all, just an excuse for not performing exercises correctly. My first response was directed at you posting a picture of your back then commenting on your deadlift weight.

That isn't true at all, just an excuse for not performing exercises correctly. My first response was directed at you posting a picture of your back then commenting on your deadlift weight.

no maximal lift is going to be absolutely perfect, otherwise its not a maximal lift

and yes, exactly, thats why it was wrong, my big erectors come from deadlifting heavy ass weight, find me a picture of a dude who deadlifts over 500 and doesnt have big erectors, you need them to deadlift alot, otherwise your back will just round over and you'll never lockout and you'll have terrible form

no maximal lift is going to be absolutely perfect, otherwise its not a maximal lift

and yes, exactly, thats why it was wrong, my big erectors come from deadlifting heavy ass weight, find me a picture of a dude who deadlifts over 500 and doesnt have big erectors, you need them to deadlift alot, otherwise your back will just round over and you'll never lockout and you'll have terrible form

Read: lockout isn't completed by your lower back, unless you are doing it wrong.