Sign in to follow this  
Konah

Valkyrie

Name: Valkyrie

Concept: Odin's chosen from Norse mythology

Race Type: Knife Only!

Requirement: 3500 (We need more high-level races, and this is a support-heavy class)

Restrictions: 1 per team; cannot buy Life Leach

*The Valkyrie used spears, so if possible I would like to carry that over to this race. Knifing distance will be doubled, however the time between strikes will increase as well.

Armor of Valhalla - 10 levels

Blind your enemy upon taking damage: 10-100% intensity of a flashbang for .3 seconds

Asgardian Armaments - 10 levels

Increase armor and the reach of your spear - 100 Armor + 5AR/level, +10% knife distance

Marked for Death - 15 levels

1-5 Enemies are chosen for Death: They recieve +100% knife damage from you

Marked for Glory - 15 levels

1-5 Allies are chosen for Glory: They recieve +30HP and +8 Damage Absorption

Call of Valhalla - 10 levels

(Aura) Allies/Enemies within 15 yds gain +20%/-20% speed

Odin's Chosen - 10 levels

Blessed by Odin you do +5-50% damage (on spawn) and leech +2-20HP when you kill an enemy

On the Wings of Death - 10 levels

You have been gifted a winged steed by Odin

*Teleport followed by 1 second of increased speed, 6s CD. Unsure of what the speed should be, but the teleport will go from shitty -> pretty good

I really want this to stick to the mythology. The Valkyrie would choose which warriors would die, and which would rise to glory and fight alongside the Gods during Ragnarok - hence my "Marked for..." skills. The aura further enhances allies and debuffs enemies - these angels would turn the tides of battle.

I cant make your knife go slower, and as for the longer range i kinda can by making a dmg radius appear like 40 units in front of you e.g.::

Y=You; E=Enemy; --=knife range; < >=dmg aura

Y--<E>

Of course if you actually knife someone it could go through them and hit another guy... and you could "knife" through walls.

eg:

| = wall

Y-E-<E>

Y-|-<E>

Also for Glory it'd overwrite chain's resist, which I feel is kinda good since 14dmg resist would make you immune to smgs really.

Okay so scratch knife slow (I'll update soon, driving).

If you were to "extend" the knife that way, I'd say only increase it a little so you can't knife through things like walls or increase the radius so you can still do dmg the normal distance.. And I'm cool with Glory over-writing Chainmail, it's still a better effect.

The Marked for Death and Odin's Chosen seems like it would really stack this class a bit high, especially with a teleport. My main concern is with it being a powerhouse after one kill, since it gets so much extra damage on enemies at the start, and gets more after a kill. Question is, would that stack with each kill?

The Marked for Death and Odin's Chosen seems like it would really stack this class a bit high, especially with a teleport. My main concern is with it being a powerhouse after one kill, since it gets so much extra damage on enemies at the start, and gets more after a kill. Question is, would that stack with each kill?

The Odin's Chosen is supposed to be +50% dmg on spawn, and +HP on kill... not +dmg after each kill. My bad on wording it poorly. Teleport is needed for mobility; we could add LJ/Speed restrictions for shopmenu.

The Odin's Chosen is supposed to be +50% dmg on spawn, and +HP on kill... not +dmg after each kill. My bad on wording it poorly. Teleport is needed for mobility; we could add LJ/Speed restrictions for shopmenu.

Oh okay, so basically Marked for Death = extra damage on certain people, and Odin's Chosen = base damage at start for all of the round. Okay, that's not as bad, but that is a lot of stack damage in the long run in a way.

Personally, I wouldn't mind say, a speed burst for the class for the ult, but a teleport seems a bit OP for it still.

Oh okay, so basically Marked for Death = extra damage on certain people, and Odin's Chosen = base damage at start for all of the round. Okay, that's not as bad, but that is a lot of stack damage in the long run in a way.

Personally, I wouldn't mind say, a speed burst for the class for the ult, but a teleport seems a bit OP for it still.

Valkyrie ride winged horses. And, how would it be OP? It's not like you know who is marked by looking at them. To compensate for a teleport that has a CD, it'd have to be a serious speedburst.

Valkyrie ride winged horses. And, how would it be OP? It's not like you know who is marked by looking at them. To compensate for a teleport that has a CD, it'd have to be a serious speedburst.

I'm all for a serious speed burst, but just the teleport rings OP in my mind, but I'm not sure why. I'm all for the race being put in cause I like the idea, I just can't seem to get over the ult and it's powers IMO.

Im all for the idea of the race, but when I think of it, it seems like it could become a little OP with the whole shoot it and you are flashed, but seeing how it is only for .3 sec seems fair, I have no idea how Oracion sees tele OP, have you seen sensei goldentail? its a sweet race that would seem ICREDIBLY OP, but when you actually try it it is easily countered by bash and roots so I am saying great race

Some people were saying it has too many levels...

Had to raise it's HP and gave a slow immunity on the ult cause it was just far too fragile and had no escape or defensive ability.

Might need to edit marks because collectively you can deal 162dmg each right click on a mark. Perhaps see marks through walls or they spawn with 10% less hp or take more damage from everyone maybe.

Some people were saying it has too many levels...

Had to raise it's HP and gave a slow immunity on the ult cause it was just far too fragile and had no escape or defensive ability.

Might need to edit marks because collectively you can deal 162dmg each right click on a mark. Perhaps see marks through walls or they spawn with 10% less hp or take more damage from everyone maybe.

I don't mind a high levels race. Maybe just even everything out to 10 levels for each skill. 15 is a bit high for one skill.

Fair enough to balance it.

Lower the damage if it's that high. I get extra knife damage, but that sounds stronger than Savage atm. Or just make it do an instant damage on spawn to a random set of people.