Sign in to follow this  
Yiyas

Slight anti-whore measure???

Hey guys I was just wondering if I should add in a little feature to fight off whores a little.

The idea is if a certain player has a K: D ratio over 2:1, their attack skills will run through a check that has 25% to fail.

Say if they're on 3:1 it has 50% to fail

While over 4:1 it has 75% to fail.

That or, perhaps, when they get a kill and they're over 4:1 it will randomly select on of their races and set that as their next race following round. I could also try to make it so it picks 5 of their lowest races then randomly chooses from that.

The first action wouldnt care about if you're over, under or around 24 kills.

While the second would.

Hey guys I was just wondering if I should add in a little feature to fight off whores a little.

The idea is if a certain player has a K:Dratio over 2:1, their attack skills will run through a check that has 25% to fail.

That or, perhaps, when they get a kill and they're over 4:1 it will randomly select on of their races and set that as their next race following round. I could also try to make it so it picks 5 of their lowest races then randomly chooses from that.

The first action wouldnt care about if you're over, under or around 24 kills.

While the second would.

The whoring ratio is 4:1, why punish someone who is 2:1?

Otherwise I think this is great.

Guest badman

I like this idea as it incourages whores to level by putting them as there lowest levels but definatly stick to 4-1 I think

I could also try to make it so it picks 5 of their lowest races then randomly chooses from that.

I think that's the best option.

Random race change would be for the best

I would prefer this, although I think the "random" would have to exclude pistol/knife races, unless you're already on one (i.e. if you're 4:1 on Remelia, you get randomly changed to one of the other pistol races; 4:1 on savage, ditto, etc etc). Even better, make them automatically switch to a random race with a level lower than your average race level - though this might be hard to code.

Maybe if you're over 6:1 and above 24 kills, you get automatically switched to Default until you drop back down?

or, restrict shopmenu items (besides crusaders and tomes) when above 4:1? if you already have shop items, you randomly lose one each round until you're down to zero.

The thing with your original proposal is that attack skills are not always what makes the race powerful - like Human's strengths lie in being pretty invisible and not having tracers, while being able to survive at least one headshot. Keeper also doesn't depend much on attack skills - it relies on LJ and its defensive skills.

I would prefer this, although I think the "random" would have to exclude pistol/knife races, unless you're already on one (i.e. if you're 4:1 on Remelia, you get randomly changed to one of the other pistol races; 4:1 on savage, ditto, etc etc). Even better, make them automatically switch to a random race with a level lower than your average race level - though this might be hard to code.

Or possibly have a list of lower leveled, choice of races pop up in the menu when you start to whore, and you're forced to choose one.

Choice number two sounds like it would work better, Could it select a random page and YOU pick from that, Like a forced pick and not the lowest 5 races + it being random.

First one sounds like bullshit not only the ratio of 2v1 is bad but reduced dmg? Auto Slays would work better then choice #1

I like the 2nd option done at 3:1 ration. I still consider someone whoring who's 62-19 on a race with over 100 levels.

Also, is there a way you can block the race they were on in the change race menu? so they can't just go right back to it the next round? thanks for giving this some time, it will make the server more welcoming to newer players.

so what if the person manages to get a 4:1 kdr on non-maxed races and continues to maintain it as the person continues to level up non-maxed races?

What will you do about that since on an off chance that the code gets screwy, it'll affect the person on the non-maxed races as well.

I'd rather have a script that did the following instead.

1. check kdr to see if it's at 4:1 and 24+ kills.

2. check to see if person with 4:1 is on non-maxed race, if so, ignore, but recheck until it is maxed at the beginning of each round. If not, continue to step 3.

3. give a message to change race after 4 rounds or after death, and with each round that the person survives, repeat message with rounds to change going down.

4. If person survives 4 rounds, then on the 5th round, slay and change it to a random race and repeat stages 1-4.

5. Check to see if person changes race after death. If person dies and does not change races, slay automatically and change person's race. works in conjunction with step 4.

The idea is if a certain player has a K: D ratio over 2:1, their attack skills will run through a check that has 25% to fail.

Pretty sweet idea, but agree with others who say nothing for 2:1/3:1. I think a modification of what you have above could be great.

Pretty sweet idea, but agree with others who say nothing for 2:1/3:1. I think a modification of what you have above could be great.

Like said before, a handicap isn't gonna do much. They still get the same bonuses from the race with or without using an ultimate.

I like the idea of auto-changing, but is there any way to prevent them from going back? I say the good old fashion auto-slay after two rounds would be nice.

I like the idea of auto-changing, but is there any way to prevent them from going back? I say the good old fashion auto-slay after two rounds would be nice.

Or possibly add a delay in between race changes, like 5 rounds per race you choose.

Like said before, a handicap isn't gonna do much. They still get the same bonuses from the race with or without using an ultimate.

Oh, I was under the impression that it'd have a chance for everything to fail. Though, I'm not sure when that determination would be made...perhaps at the start of the round?

Sign in to follow this