Sign in to follow this  
Lazzy

How close have you come to dying?

We all got together and smoked up, reminiscing and sharing the good memories. We're going to be having a proper bonfire/celebration/memorial sometime soon. He's too good of a friend to not do that.

He always played that song, Heaven is a Halfpipe, or whatever it was XD

I don't know how many people here believe in an afterlife, but it's a damn good comfort to think about him up there, watching us and rolling blunts with Jesus and his dad XD

nice. that would explain all the clouds...

sorry to hear about your friend.

when i was a kid some of my friends decided to go swimming in somelake and asked if i wanted to follow, i didnt rly wanna go but i didnt want to be a pussy. so when we get there all of us jump into the water, but i couldnt swim... so i started sinking in panic, i was maybe under the water for 10 sec but it felt like an eternity, thats the closest ive been to death.

My condolences Lazzy.

It wasn't too long ago when I wasn't looking if there was a car coming and I crossed the road and I was about 2 inches away of getting hit by the car, fucked up shit.

his-head-was-inside-the-truck-so-we-pushed-it-outside.jpg

Although, I have to admit I did laugh, But that's the worse kind of trolling. Sadly, you probably won't be ashamed of yourself. Sorry for your loss Lazzy, although your friend did die in a very preventable way-if he used common sense, he was still your good friend.

I've been close a few times to death myself, One time I can remember is during a rare rainstorm in Arizona, winds were at 60mph, and when is storms here in Arizona, there's lightning striking just about everywhere. I went out to get groceries from the back of my grandmas car from her trunk. Since I live in apartments, the cars were all lined up a long the inner apartment roads, and a car flew by around a corner and went straight and Literally got so close to me that if I hadn't moved my body as close to my grandmas car as possible I would have been hit and my body sawed between both cars. I remember this so well that it happened on the opening of the Chinese Olympics back in 08'.

For those saying how stupid he was... who hasn't done stupid shit when they where that young. When I was that young me and my friends would chase each other cars on snowy road. We would stand up through the sun roof to throw snowballs at each other cars and in the van we would open the side and lash our arm to the seat belt and lean out. I think that is a lot stupider then what this kid did.

I am going to guess the real idiot was the driver. I could be wrong but I he probably swerved because his friend was hanging out the window and wanted to scare him but he swerved too far or lost control when he did that.

Like I said, I could be wrong and maybe he had to swerve to avoid something.

For those saying how stupid he was... who hasn't done stupid shit when they where that young.

I am going to guess the real idiot was the driver. I could be wrong but I he probably swerved because his friend was hanging out the window and wanted to scare him but he swerved too far or lost control when he did that.

Like I said, I could be wrong and maybe he had to swerve to avoid something.

Most of sG is around that age still.

if I hadn't moved my body as close to my grandmas car as possible I would have been hit and my body sawed between both cars.

So, you would've been squished between 2 cars?

That just makes only want to say.....SUBMARINE SANDWICH!!

Sorry to hear about the loss man. You've got people to talk to here if it helps bro. My sister attempted suicide, flipped over her convertible on the freeway in the winter, and OD'd on god knows how many drugs. I've been around alot of death myself lately not only this, so if you want to talk to someone who might understand im always here man, keep your head straight.

-Keaton

Sorry to hear about your friend Lazzy. :( I got into a car accident in 2008. Driving through Surrey, some guy in a mustang ran his stop sign. We t-boned him, destroying his driver door. Just before the accident, the cab in front of us pulled over right before the intersection so he saw everything that went down. He would have been the one to get hit if he hadn't pulled over which would have been a lot worse. The guy in the mustang basically hit the gas at the end of his road and by the time he reached the intersection, he was doing about 90. If we were about 5 seconds faster, he would have done 90 into my door.

Lesson learned: When they offer you the ambulance, take it. We thought we were okay. 1 hour at home and we realized we needed to get checked out. Spent 6 hours in the emergency room so we said fuck it. There was just a shit load of tylenol after that.

I fell off the back of my bud's truck going 40 MPH. I hit a trash can, that's probably what saved me from most of any damage. Other than that, everything is basically normal. A few dumbshit choices, etc.

1 Meningitis @ 8

2-12 Cabbies in my city

13 pickup truck dam near hit me last winter

14 yesterday i just about became a pancake between a red impalla ( prick ran a red light) and silver suburban

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php/11369-Cobra-Accepted

You were 20 2 years ago.

wat

When I was younger the 4 gaps in your skull that compress so you can come out the birth canal sealed too quickly (supposed to take 2-3 years, mine did in 6 months) and had to get a portion of my skull removed to even things out. I have a plate there now.

And I fell out of a dump truck when I was 5-6ish.

Thats pretty much it. I've done stupid shit, but nothin life-ending worthy.

I was I think 1 month away from having pre cancerous cells begin to spread in my bloodstream. Would have been instant stage 4 melanoma. Nearly impossible to survive, luckily my mom has had melanoma multiple times. Runs in the family.

Knife through the right lung brought me pretty close to death, but i'm tough so it'd take more than that to silence me!

Thanks for the neg rep faggot.

was hit by a car. got away with just a scratch on my elbow and a bruised hip.

had surgery four times to rid myself of a cyst, doctor said the anesthesia could've killed each of those four times because i was underweight.

and most recently, i was hospitalized for an "undiagnosable heart condition." symptoms were chest pains and pain while breathing. x-rays and blood tests revealed nothing, EKG was weird but I was later told sometimes it's different for people and a ultrasound had found that i had some water leakage around my heart. some of diagnoses were Pericarditis and Pleurisy. I have not had any problems since the afternoon I was hospitalized.

so ... that's six close calls.

was hit by a car. got away with just a scratch on my elbow and a bruised hip.

had surgery four times to rid myself of a cyst, doctor said the anesthesia could've killed each of those four times because i was underweight.

and most recently, i was hospitalized for an "undiagnosable heart condition." symptoms were chest pains and pain while breathing. x-rays and blood tests revealed nothing, EKG was weird but I was later told sometimes it's different for people and a ultrasound had found that i had some water leakage around my heart. some of diagnoses were Pericarditis and Pleurisy. I have not had any problems since the afternoon I was hospitalized.

so ... that's six close calls.

Makes you even more alpha for surviving? :D

I fell off a table when I was 4 years old and broke my left arm.

I fell down from a height of 6 ft when I was 5 years old and broke my right arm and left a popping sound and slight pain in my elbow whenever I bent it 90 degrees.

I then fell down a height of 8 ft when I was 8 years old and injured my right arm and the popping sound I used to make went away, which was weird cause I thought it would become worse.

So yea, none of the times I hurt my head but I stay away from ledges now to keep my ass safe.

I fell off a table when I was 4 years old and broke my left arm.

I fell down from a height of 6 ft when I was 5 years old and broke my right arm and left a popping sound and slight pain in my elbow whenever I bent it 90 degrees.

I then fell down a height of 8 ft when I was 8 years old and injured my right arm and the popping sound I used to make went away, which was weird cause I thought it would become worse.

So yea, none of the times I hurt my head but I stay away from ledges now to keep my ass safe.

God damn... What were you doing so high up and falling?

I was I think 1 month away from having pre cancerous cells begin to spread in my bloodstream. Would have been instant stage 4 melanoma. Nearly impossible to survive, luckily my mom has had melanoma multiple times. Runs in the family.

wait im confused. how is it lucky that ur mom had melanoma?