Sign in to follow this  
Triv

Religion

Guest Fohacidal
how about we end this thread and then laugh either when you get to heaven or when nothing happens. therefore my laughter is you not laughing, but i wont be laughing either. LOL

Or we could just laugh at you now and not have to wait?

Back in ancient times(also depending on the religion),yes ; And today,in only certain situations.

But today, religion is only another reason to hate another group of people and/or religion.

For example,in Islam, the thing about killing all non-believers.....yea that sure is peaceful...

Dont blame the religion blame the people saying that they follow the religion. If someone says that they are a christian and yet encourage somthing like war then they are not very good christians. The bible does teach peace brotherhood etc but many people who read it simply dont care. They want to be able to fight but they still feel guilty about killing people so they say that its "gods will " and do it anyway. The bible preaches peace and love and all that but just because t preaches it doesnt mean that people who claim to be christians do it. real christians arent like the extremists that you hear about and believe it or not not all musilims are terrorists that want to kill the infidels, and the ones who are have simply twisted its meaning out of porportion.

If religious people want to debate me, I will. If they're not looking for a debate, who cares? As long as they're not trying to enforce their "morals" it's all the same to me.

dealwithito.gif

Dont blame the religion blame the people saying that they follow the religion. If someone says that they are a christian and yet encourage somthing like war then they are not very good christians. The bible does teach peace brotherhood etc but many people who read it simply dont care. They want to be able to fight but they still feel guilty about killing people so they say that its "gods will " and do it anyway. The bible preaches peace and love and all that but just because t preaches it doesnt mean that people who claim to be christians do it. real christians arent like the extremists that you hear about and believe it or not not all musilims are terrorists that want to kill the infidels, and the ones who are have simply twisted its meaning out of porportion.

so then being a good christian means hating gays, beating your wife and killing your children in the name of god? am i off the point here? try not to believe everything your preacher is blowin up your ass and have a gander at the books yourself. the bible is a hate filled doctrine of cult worship.

so then being a good christian means hating gays, beating your wife and killing your children in the name of god? am i off the point here? try not to believe everything your preacher is blowin up your ass and have a gander at the books yourself. the bible is a hate filled doctrine of cult worship.

Holy shit, old person that I've never seen before. Hi thar.

On topic, there are lots of phrases in the bible. Problem is, when you can pick and choose lines to make a point for yourself or anything, when the backstory is usually about something bad, then you can understand why religion can be seen as shady. Considering the amount of money that goes to them, I'd find them to be a good propaganda business.

Guest Fohacidal

Lemme guess, you heard that interpretation of the bible at one of those hardcore athiest sewing circles right? Seriously a "hate filled doctrine of cult worship" is so far from the truth you look like an idiot.

Until I was like 10 years old, I belived in god just like any little kid. But after that I figured out god couldnt possibly exist, mainly because of human's knowledge of the universe, and all the neutrons and that micro/small shit that attracts to each other. But this last summer, I started beliving in God and Jesus. I saw things in other perspective. So right now I am more Christian than atheist. But I dont belive 100% in God and Jesus Christ. But I really do hope that he exists.

Leviticus 19:19 states that you are not to wear multi-stitched clothing, but does every Christian follow this?

The Bible, especially Leviticus is filled with quotes like this that are completely ridiculous. But you have to remember, the Bible was written thousands of years ago by real people (no, God didn't write it, gtfo).

So in my opinion, all of these ridiculous quotes were based on popular beliefs during that time period.

You have to realize that the world was A LOT different back then, and the Bible is not meant to take literally.

Apply it to your life to make it better.

Christian or not, the Bible is actually full of a lot of really good information and advice.

itt: People taking the Bible out of context in order to prove their teenage argument that religion is destroying the world.

GG

Until I was like 10 years old, I belived in god just like any little kid. But after that I figured out god couldnt possibly exist, mainly because of human's knowledge of the universe, and all the neutrons and that micro/small shit that attracts to each other. But this last summer, I started beliving in God and Jesus. I saw things in other perspective. So right now I am more Christian than atheist. But I dont belive 100% in God and Jesus Christ. But I really do hope that he exists.

So you're agnostic is what you're saying. A couple of my friends (BAZ...) are agnostic. Agnostics are basically indecisive people that'll be like, "Yep, God exists, kthxsaevd."

After taking Physics and doing a little thinking, I took my stance as an athiest. I'm not quite as much of an athiest as my cousin. He yells "SCIENCE DAMMIT" all the time. It's somewhat annoying. There might be something out there, but I'm not inclined to that idea enough to call myself agnostic. I'll just continue living my life as I was going to before. You have three types of Christians: 1. Diehards. 2. No premarital sex, conservative on a few other standpoints. They may vary on the person's level of faith. 3. Lazy people who claim to be Christians.

I'm done with all that jazz. I proclaimed myself a Discordian a while ago as a joke, and still tell people that if they ask what religion I follow.

The people who wrote the bible could've forgot to put the fiction tags on lol.

Edit: " Your fiction " lololololol only I and my secret admirer will understand this.

Lemme guess, you heard that interpretation of the bible at one of those hardcore athiest sewing circles right? Seriously a "hate filled doctrine of cult worship" is so far from the truth you look like an idiot.

What other interpretation am I missing for Exodus 21:20-22?

So Ace has said the Bible isn't the word of God, I think Foh is probably the most recognizable christian on the boards here... do you think the Bible is the word of God?

What other interpretation am I missing for Exodus 21:20-22?

So Ace has said the Bible isn't the word of God, I think Foh is probably the most recognizable christian on the boards here... do you think the Bible is the word of God?

He said it wasn't written by God. Still is the word of God.

He said it wasn't written by God. Still is the word of God.

The biggest issue I have with organized Christianity then I guess is right there. How can it be said that God would allow entries in to the Bible that can be described as ridiculous. How is it that you are to know what in the Bible should and should not be followed?

The biggest issue I have with organized Christianity then I guess is right there. How can it be said that God would allow entries in to the Bible that can be described as ridiculous. How is it that you are to know what in the Bible should and should not be followed?

Read it from beginning to end, and stop cherry-picking verses. It's still a book.

Read it from beginning to end, and stop cherry-picking verses. It's still a book.

This.

I do not have respect for people who get their arguments from either the internet or other people.

If you are going to argue about something, at least gather information yourself.

You have no right to judge something that you do not completely understand.

Also, 1 more post blob!!!

your avatar makes it hard to take any of your posts seriously