Sign in to follow this  
Triv

Religion

Honestly don't think anyone should give a damn about it on a gaming a community, this isn't Scientology/others vs religion 101. I for one am religious. But I don't see a point sparking hate about it when were all here to have fun gaming.

Honestly everyone's got their own opinion on this matter, I go to bed a lot thinking who's the cunt who came up with "Christianity" or "Buddhism" honestly it can't be stopped. Shit Rome is almost 100% Orthodox... If you have a thing against religion I don't recommend living there lol.

Religion is just a sign of faith when shit looks down. Or its for people who look for a greater power, even if they've never even seen this "god" or "Jesus" personally I think whoever came up with a man being able to turn water into wine(very long process at a vineyard), walking on water(unless hes some kind of no graving ass then it never happened) or even turning one loaf of bread into thousands of loafs (does he own a clowning machine?! I WANT ONE!). So personally I think Christianity was made to make people believe in a greater power. Period.

Religion teaches peace, love, tolerance, understanding, and bortherhood. Tell me, even if it is based on something that isnt true, what the hell is wrong with that? If religion is what it takes for som people to be kind than so be it. But it is just wrong for you to tell all of them how stupid they are for their belief in it. As long as something makes people happy and good what is so wrong with it? The extremists like crusaders, jihadists, and Westbro baptist church are simply extremists and it is simply unfair to judge us by them.

Besides, Id like to point out that all darwinsism is based on his original findings in the galapagos islands where he noted things such as birds of the same race with differant beaks and the like. From this he drew that ll things must evolve from another form. These are called macro evolutions, i.e. a fish becoming an amphibion, or pretty much anything tha involves changing race. However these findings only prove micro evolutions which are evolutions within a race i.e. having darker skin because you are from africa. Another scientific fact is the law of biogenesis; that life cannot simply happen. While this argument is often used as an argument against religion it can also be used against evolution. You say that the big bang created everything out of nothing(which sounds a lot like the bible) and that the earth was the shaped by asteroids sticking togethor and then vapors made an atmosphere which allowed oxygen and rain and that rain and oxygen allowed life in its smallest forms to emerge. But my question is, where did that life come from. Its been proven that absolutley no life can exist in the vacuums of space and all life needs water/oxygen right so where did those tiny bacterias that we all evolved from come from? They couldnt of existed in the very beginning, they could of only existed when the earth was formed to a livable state. Believe what you want but i think that thats where god came in.

EDIT oh yeah and triv, this has already been covered before. next time before starting a serous debate you make sure it hasnt already happend on the same website.

I said that war is fought for greed and money and land and power, i meant that religion is a factor in wars. The whole war on terror? The radical muslims believe that god told them to blow us up.

And I agree with naughty, i thought this forum section was for smart debates and serious discussion, not for flaming kids for their beliefs or disbeliefs. There is no winning this battle. You are so convinced that an almighty being is going to save you, whatever think whatever the hell you want. But some of us here like Ted and Russ know whats going on. And if you refuse or just dont want to understand how things really work then dont. Only time will fix the burden of religion.

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

ok im raging on how ignorant the world is.

GOD DOES NOT EXIST!

/thread

lets move on and talk about aliens now.

Guest Fohacidal
Honestly everyone's got their own opinion on this matter, I go to bed a lot thinking who's the cunt who came up with "Christianity" or "Buddhism" honestly it can't be stopped. Shit Rome is almost 100% Orthodox... If you have a thing against religion I don't recommend living there lol.

Religion is just a sign of faith when shit looks down. Or its for people who look for a greater power, even if they've never even seen this "god" or "Jesus" personally I think whoever came up with a man being able to turn water into wine(very long process at a vineyard), walking on water(unless hes some kind of no graving ass then it never happened) or even turning one loaf of bread into thousands of loafs (does he own a clowning machine?! I WANT ONE!). So personally I think Christianity was made to make people believe in a greater power. Period.

Rome is 100% orthodox wtf? rome is roman catholic

i really shouldnt have gotten involved in this thread lol. Im coming out with probably more than half of the clan hating me because of my views, with a select few agreeing with me.

There have been more deaths in the bible than harry potter you tart

did you just call me sour... hey, how about the actualley READ THE BIBLE before you chritisize it. If you did you would know that almost all of those deaths are the murder of innocent christians who were persecuted for their beliefs by a long list of oppressors starting with egypt and ending with the romans.

did you just call me sour... hey, how about the actualley READ THE BIBLE before you chritisize it. If you did you would know that almost all of those deaths are the murder of innocent christians who were persecuted for their beliefs by a long list of oppressors starting with egypt and ending with the romans.

I'd fucking PLAY jailbreak than read a bible

This isn't really true at all.

Weren't any Christians in the Old Testament.

Okay, replace the word christian with early follower of god and then it should work.And im still waiting for jtown or failsniper explain to me how my logic of disproving evolution is wrong.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

I'd fucking PLAY jailbreak than read a bible

I dont get it, do you like eally hate jailbreak ot something? i dont really know anything about you besides that your an athiest and that you apparently fail at sniping.

I dont get it, do you like eally hate jailbreak ot something? i dont really know anything about you besides that your an athiest and that you apparently fail at sniping.

Jailbreaks okay. Its not something I'd choose to play over other games/things to do. The rest you can figure out yourself.

Religion teaches peace, love, tolerance, understanding, and bortherhood.

I lol'd.

Tell me, even if it is based on something that isnt true, what the hell is wrong with that?

You idiots are changing textbooks and school cirriculums to teach children false information.

I'm still going to a catholic school. Shits unbearable.

And theres a huge difference between what is actually written in the bible, and what religious people teach their kids.

y817a.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

edit:

Blob, you're a cool guy and all but what the fuck man. I dont even

i really shouldnt have gotten involved in this thread lol. Im coming out with probably more than half of the clan hating me because of my views, with a select few agreeing with me.

At least you got one thing right.

I honestly think, as this has been stated before, religion should be taken with moderation. There are quite a few cases, and excuse me Chicago Ted because I'll use you as an example, where a family overly worships and believes in a religion (in his case, Catholicism). I was born a Catholic, and it really drove me to the world's end nearly hating the religion because of how I had to adjust my life for that religion (lent, Ash Wednesday, Easter, Christmas, everything, just having these certain set ideals that I had to follow and having so many of them). But, once I converted religions (only one of my parent's is Catholic, the other one is some Buddhist/Christianity/IDK/can't make up her mind sort of thing) and started putting my time and effort into another denomination of Christianity (and for a period of time, Buddhism), it really taught me ideals that helped me out for life and helped me keep sane. Extremists are the ones that make religion look bad, some of them are in every religion, and drive people nuts and destroy the world.

IDK, I'm rambling and didn't come to a common conclusion. I believe in God (I'm not a defined Christian/Buddhist) and I just don't want to get fucked in the end. safgdjhkasdjghasklghasklga

I said that war is fought for greed and money and land and power, i meant that religion is a factor in wars. The whole war on terror? The radical muslims believe that god told them to blow us up.

You really believe they are doing this for a so-called God? You don't think the high 'Mullahs' aren't doing this for more power/land/money? How many 'retaliatory' attacks have they made since 9/11? None. Everything that has happened since then has been on their soil. This is not a 'religious' war. This is like the Crusades. The Pope says its for all Christians, when in fact it's all about who controls Jerusalem and land.

Guest Fohacidal
You really believe they are doing this for a so-called God? You don't think the high 'Mullahs' aren't doing this for more power/land/money? How many 'retaliatory' attacks have they made since 9/11? None. Everything that has happened since then has been on their soil. This is not a 'religious' war. This is like the Crusades. The Pope says its for all Christians, when in fact it's all about who controls Jerusalem and land.

NOT THE POPPY FIELDS GA DURRRRRR

Religion teaches peace, love, tolerance, understanding, and brotherhood.

Back in ancient times(also depending on the religion),yes ; And today,in only certain situations.

But today, religion is only another reason to hate another group of people and/or religion.

For example,in Islam, the thing about killing all non-believers.....yea that sure is peaceful...

how about we end this thread and then laugh either when you get to heaven or when nothing happens. therefore my laughter is you not laughing, but i wont be laughing either. LOL