Sign in to follow this  
Triv

Religion

Guest Fohacidal

Why dont we get rid of lopez and just give empire advisor right now?

Well if you actually took the time to read instead of troll,you would actually see a pretty logical post.

You used not even an ounce of logic. As said before refer to Pascal's Gambit, that uses logic.

again siding with russ on this one.

I ask you all what religion has done for our society that is beneficial and negative. Firstly on a good note it does bring people together, it has people form a unique bond. But at what cost? At the cost of millions of lives, probably even more? All religion has done is provide excuses for people to go to war to gain money and power. That is all this world is about, which i hate, it should be about fun and happiness.

Religion was created at the dawn of time to explain the unknown. The new uneducated people of the planet needed something to provide hope so they created religion to explain everything. Now at this point in time science has proven many of the unknown facts, such as rain isnt gods tears, it is a natural process. Evolution has been scientifically proven. Within 200 years religion will not exist anymore, because by then everyone will have realized that believing in a fake thing is rediculous. Right now people are ignorant, but let them if they are happy.

and empire, that is not science, that is math.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

And even though i may sound really negative. Someone posted that if you dont have religion or faith then life is just a waste.

Well it is. No one is here for a purpose. As much as even i want to believe it, its not true. We are a mere compilation of circumstances. Our lives have no meaning, so enjoy them while you are here.

All religion has done is provide excuses for people to go to war to gain money and power. That is all this world is about, which i hate, it should be about fun and happiness.

Religion was created at the dawn of time to explain the unknown. The new uneducated people of the planet needed something to provide hope so they created religion to explain everything. Now at this point in time science has proven many of the unknown facts, such as rain isnt gods tears, it is a natural process. Evolution has been scientifically proven. Within 200 years religion will not exist anymore, because by then everyone will have realized that believing in a fake thing is rediculous. Right now people are ignorant, but let them if they are happy.

Well it is. No one is here for a purpose. As much as even i want to believe it, its not true. We are a mere compilation of circumstances. Our lives have no meaning, so enjoy them while you are here.

First off; some wars have been based off of religion - but all wars are based off of either greed, power, or control.

Second off; evolution has not been scientifically proven - it is a theory. Moreover, who is to say that a divine being didn't create life on this planet with the ability to "evolve", versus having total control over everything? You do realize how small of a chance it is that any of this even happened, correct? Playing Devil's Advocate here.

Third off; religion will be doing just fine in 200 years. Go read The Fingerprints of God. It's a sole example that shows scientifically the affect of religious belief on an individual, such as dramatically increased brain activity during prayer/meditation, specifically in the areas that trigger feelings of interconnectedness and peace. This alone proves that religion/spirituality is beneficial, whether or not a supreme being is real. Shit, religious beliefs have lasted longer than plenty of scientific "facts" that were proven to be wrong throughout history.

The only reason we call present-day theories "facts" is because it is the best way we can explain the world by measurable observation (otherwise it does not fall under the category of science).

And lastly, regarding your final statement, I feel sincerely sorry for people who believe as you do.

I need a good picture for this one, but have none.

Me neither, so I made one:

9pp9gn.png

I agree with your first statement.

And you are correct evolution is a theory, but a better thought out theory than a mystical man.

Dont feel sorry for me.

and maybe not 200 years, but definetly within 500 it will be non existant. There was no such thing as an atheist 100 years ago, now there are plenty.

Guest Fohacidal
again siding with russ on this one.

I ask you all what religion has done for our society that is beneficial and negative. Firstly on a good note it does bring people together, it has people form a unique bond. But at what cost? At the cost of millions of lives, probably even more? All religion has done is provide excuses for people to go to war to gain money and power. That is all this world is about, which i hate, it should be about fun and happiness.

and empire, that is not science, that is math.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

And even though i may sound really negative. Someone posted that if you dont have religion or faith then life is just a waste.

You are really dumb, you really are. I almost feel bad for you...

I need a good picture for this one, but have none.

again dont feel bad for me, please explain how i am dumb and you arent for believing in an almighty being with no proof of its powers or existence.

again dont feel bad for me, please explain how i am dumb and you arent for believing in an almighty being with no proof of its powers or existence.

If I explain it to you, I may have to deal with a fucking dipshit in Heaven, or wherever we go after death.

I'll pass.

If I explain it to you, I may have to deal with a fucking dipshit in Heaven, or wherever we go after death.

I'll pass.

As bad as this is, I still Lol'd

You are really dumb, you really are. I almost feel bad for you...

Whys is he dumb? For expressing his opinion? One main problem we have today, is that people are too careful with their opinions. Hell, if it was up to me I'd slap almost every religious person I met simply because they act superior to me because of their religion. If you told me right now that you think god exists, I would say 'okay, any proof?' and you would PROBABLY say the bible, however if I took a picture of a UFO and got thousands of people to back me up, everyone would say it was doctored.

This is true with everything. Almost everything is fine or amazing in moderation, and almost everything sucks in excess.

For those who don't know Pascal's Wager...

There are 4 possibilities.

1) You believe in God and God does exist. <-- You win. You go to Heaven(or whatever you believe in) and essentially will be rewarded.

2) You believe in God and God doesn't exist. <--- You lose slightly. You lose that time you spent during your life where you prayed to God and so on.

3) You don't believe in God and God doesn't exist. <-- You win. You save those Sundays at church and whatever other time you might have spent.

4) You don't believe in God and God does exist. <-- You lose eternally. You go to hell. You will suffer forever.

GOING BY SCIENTIFIC THOUGHT: In order to have the BEST outcome, you MUST believe in God. There is no religion here. Just pure fact.

This is why I laugh at people who say science > God or something like that when a part of science says that you should believe that God does exist.

You don't simply go to heaven by saying that you believe in God.

Christianity says that you have to truly believe it, get baptized, accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, and repent for your wrongdoings.

atheist pride. Russ, just curious what religion are your parents?

My father is muslim, and my mother is Catholic, or Christian. I forget, but one of the 2

Guest Fohacidal

You really are just freaking stupid. God damn

I'll pass.

This

My father is muslim, and my mother is Catholic, or Christian. I forget, but one of the 2

Proving your ignorance, christian is any denomination that believes in christ stemming from protestantism and catholicism. A protestant, evangelical, catholic, lutheran whatever are all christians.

How were you brought up religion wise?

Eh, I wasn't brought up with religion in my life. Parents didn't force it upon me and they don't really follow it themselves. They keep to some rules, like my father won't eat pork, but they don't go to church. I personally don't care for religion, but i'll do an occasional good deed for the feeling, or pray for something to happen or go right.

@ Fohacidal for saying"Proving your ignorance, christian is any denomination that believes in christ stemming from protestantism and catholicism. A protestant, evangelical, catholic, lutheran whatever are all christians." Sorry bro I don't study religion so much don't know all the things about it chill.