Sign in to follow this  
MagicRatt

Seagate, seriously?

Disclaimer: This is a cool story

So basically I knew someone in high school and gave him some money. I forgot about it, but randomly get a text from him last week saying something along the lines of, "Hey, what's up dude? I know you probably don't remember, but I owe you $25. I don't have it, but I do have some seagate free agent external hard drives I can give you."

I meet him at his house a few days later and he gives me two seagate 320gb externals. On the way out I asked how he got them and he has a buddy who works for seagate. He buys them for $7 each. Retail price is like $50. Profit much?

Still made off with two externals that I can definitely use to back up my data. They look pretty sleek too.

Seagate-FreeAgent-Go-640GB-External-Hard-Drive.jpg

those things are shit, i had to return 2 of them due to DOA failure. though they werent the 320 gig, they were the 500 gig 7200 rpm ones. i didnt need an external, so i pulled the drive out and put it into my ps3, then took my 160 from the ps3 and put it back into the case, took it back to the store and got my money back, then bought a new 1 TB. feels good man