Sign in to follow this  
sniper kitty

The Future of sG clan

Who needs a clan, all we are atm is people who play games together - tbh all we need is a vent server and the forums.

Tossing JB is the best move for us, at the moment.

Notice how all of these minor shitstorms evolve from it?

The first three posts on this page where amazing, I don't even know if there is anything I could say to improve. But the spam behind it is the reason nothing ever gets done, everything worth reading gets looked over from bullshit spammers getting that oh so important post count.

Tossing JB is the best move for us, at the moment.

Notice how all of these minor shitstorms evolve from it?

That probably would happen too if it wasn't a cash cow for us.

JB is the crack whore of sG. We need to sweep it under the rug already.

Do you dont understand its too late? WCS2 is dead, ZomD is dieing, and even WCS 1 cant stay full sometimes even during pritime. I remember the day where ALL the servers where full almost 24/7, everything but surf hah

Guest leeway
JB is the crack whore of sG. We need to sweep it under the rug already.

i think someone else already holds the title crack whore of sG.

We need to pull more people into servers somehow. It's just a bit hard when we're trying to support a game that is getting old, and to keep a good base. If we can get people on the servers, I'm sure we can get things more populated.

We also have to remember that school is in now too. If we're having low numbers regardless of the time then we have a real worry, but for now I don't think we're doing too bad.

We need to pull more people into servers somehow. It's just a bit hard when we're trying to support a game that is getting old, and to keep a good base. If we can get people on the servers, I'm sure we can get things more populated.

We also have to remember that school is in now too. If we're having low numbers regardless of the time then we have a real worry, but for now I don't think we're doing too bad.

I'd imagine expanding to games more games would help if we started doing that with games that are still popular, or with games that are new.

Might be a good idea to get a dedicated server for Black ops don't know how many peopel will be getting it within the sG community and would be playing it but i know i would play on an sG dedicated server.

Who remembers the time all the JCS stepped down at the same time and P2 shat a brick, shut down the forums, and posted an apology begging us to come back?

I do! But I think coinstar would just be like "cool" and be more of a jew.

I'd imagine expanding to games more games would help if we started doing that with games that are still popular, or with games that are new.

We've tried this before and it doesn't seem to really take hold. The only real gain we can get is if we can grow more of what we have here right now.

I mean, we just shut down a few servers cause thy were dead. No sense in expanding if we can't keep our servers populated regardless of what we have.

i will do what i can with the studios to promote the clan and its servers, but for now think of ways to do it yourself. and dont forget to have backup plans if there are small shits or big shits going on.

having other servers for games likeTF2, Battlefield, etc is a good idea, that way you can promote your clan everywhere, peoples till play CSS, what they want are good servers able to run smoothly but also keeping them entertained with the latest mods and gadgets to fool around with. if you take s few servers down here that are not being used EG: rotation pub server, for good then you'll be able to use that server for another game. if you guys DO open up servers in other games, then i will do the best i can with the studio to promote the server.

i will organize events for sG if The clan is willing to participate, all events are filmed.

As for money, budget them towards the servers we have up and running right now and that are populated. if Klark can open a server to another game thats good, we'll have variety. it wont be called sG clan for CSS, it'll known as sG clan for other games too.

But you have to resolve the issue concerning the paypal. if the paypal account is fucked for good, ill be willing to pitch in. a new paypal should be created in case of idiots and power. having two accounts will ensure the survival of the clan, but it needs to be in the hands of someone that everyone can trust, to do their job right and not be a whore.

i might get banned for this, but: if the members of the clan dont buck up then its fucked for good, this might be a small problem right now but small problems constantly come back and everytime, something bad happenes, make a way to prevent it from happeneing again as i said before.

people do love the sG cvlan and the servers, they are just waiting for new stuff on the servers and seeing if they come out with other servers for different games. listen to the players and community, do the best you can do to ensure all is good, and the people will understand.

there might be more to say, ill jst wait...

The way I see it, this really isn't a huge issue compared to previous things that have come. I get everyone is annoyed with the sudden change, but there are watchful eyes going on here and even if there is a jump in decisions that all don't approve of, we are still trying to do the best we can to help fix things and make them better.

This little bump will come and pass soon enough honestly. I don't see it as a breaker of the community though.

This....

If you're a newfag who joined after P2 debacle and after the "Renji insurrection", you don’t know what a shitstorm really is. In other words….. your opinions are unwanted.

I used to be in the [-Q -] clan before i came into sG or after the fall of the [-Q-] clan....

sad story that one is, there was a problem about money, members, abuse, power, a small civil war between new members and old.

what happened was, after 1 year of bumps every now and then, the recession hit and they couldn't cope and end up destroying themselves bc of internal issues and external. i do miss their rotation pub, it was fun.

sG is getting to slowly be that way too, i don't want this to happen here as did with other clans, you don't want a dictatorship here.

small things add up over time and things wil get outa hand somewhere. hopefully as oracion said before, "these are just little things that don't do any damage, they just are small bumps."-pretty much.

q clan had 10 servers at their bets,had 3 before the recession due to monetary problems.

I'll make a list of ways it COULD end.

Coinstar leaves, taking the money with him as well as the paypal account.

Coinstar dies and then we can't get ahold of the account (I'm sure there are ways to/people who can get ahold of it)

Staff becomes mature, trying to kill off the trolls (Which kills off most of sG)

Some asshole renegade clan jacks the servers/ddoses us into nothing (Looking at you MIA)

All of the orginal staff/members step down/leave (Jason, Junzuo, Longcat, all the RO's and some ADVs)

People like Lopez make up the majority of the clan/staff.

What else...?

find people we can trust now to have aback up staff in case of major failures in the system now, make anew paypal account now, and have all the funds go into that one without coinstar having access, make up for the losses, have strict rules on staff and JCS, have a group outside of sG to monitor the clan and its funds where they go and all that. if i can work something out with oracion, the studios will help in the restoration of servers and the clan itself.

kick those not worthy of staff, admin etc. it'll hurt the clan yes, but it opens the door to a new future in other games with new servers and content. these servers will be advertised and the ppl who run and play in them.

Coinstar leaves, taking the money with him as well as the paypal account.

Coinstar dies and then we can't get ahold of the account (I'm sure there are ways to/people who can get ahold of it)

Staff becomes mature, trying to kill off the trolls (Which kills off most of sG)

Some asshole renegade clan jacks the servers/ddoses us into nothing (Looking at you MIA)

All of the orginal staff/members step down/leave (Jason, Junzuo, Longcat, all the RO's and some ADVs)

People like Lopez make up the majority of the clan/staff.

Won't happen.

Can't happen.

Wouldn't happen because that would be no fun.

We're too resilient for that to affect us for too long.

Already true.

You bad?

Me longcat, hobo are down lol

And if original step down so what? We need more people like oracion.

And if original step down so what? We need more people like oracion.

I'm with Dean. There are so many people who are dedicated to this community, with and without even membership.