Sign in to follow this  
MagicRatt

What happened was...

I got pretty trashed the other night and texted this girl from work in these exact works,

"Do you want to go out sometime like on a date?"

Her reply the next morning was,

"I am not really looking for a relationship

It's nothing personal

Promise."

Obviously I have been shot down pretty hard, but I am just wondering how you guys pick up on signs and stuff? I always thought we were pretty friendly towards each other and figured what the hell I will be blunt and give it a shot. How do you guys go about asking a girl out? Are you more subtle or do you straight up ask her to dinner?

I know that drunk texting in the middle of the night isn't exactly the best way to do it so I at least learned this much.

Need some input because I am seriously lost when it comes to picking up on cues and knowing when to act.

id say be subtle, and you need to show her that youre not completely into her at the same time show her you are a bit....push and pull a bit you know?

if u just be blunt you let her be in control of the outcome, thats bad

so basically im saying that you have to be in control of whats going on between u two, its not too hard :)

but then again...i havent had a girlfriend for two years :(

Downplay the idea of a date. Say that you're not looking for a relationship either, just one time to go out and have fun.

If it goes well, you'll get a second one, etc. Boom.

Grow a ballsack and look her in the eyes if you are gonna go through the trouble of asking her out.

get your dick sucked at parties instead of this kind of trouble

some girls you just wanna date. but this for the most part.

I agree with asking in person. Unless you are going through an online dating site you actually ask the girl out in person.

As for asking out people you work with... AVOID AVOID AVOID. I know you a probably young but it is the stupidest thing you can do and can possible ruin your life for a little while. Lets say you don't want to give this up and ask her out again in person... Do you really truly know the type of person she is? She can turn around and sue you and your job for sexual harassment at the worst. The very least is that she tells her work friend that you asked her out and that person tells your boss and then your boss fires you in fear that you are too big of a risk for sexual harassment. What are you going to tell your next job was the reason for you being fired? Like I said, you are young and maybe I am a pessimistic. I have seen work relationship work out fine but I have also seen the very very very bad side of it. Be warned.

As to asking girls out. Get used to it. Expect to be rejected 9 times out of 10. The people you see dating a lot have 1.) confidence to just go up to peoples which girls likes and 2.) do not let rejection get them down. You get rejected and you can think, "Oh well, that sucks." but then you move on and DO NOT let it get to you.

yea, this is probably the best way right here.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Downplay the idea of a date. Say that you're not looking for a relationship either, just one time to go out and have fun.

If it goes well, you'll get a second one, etc. Boom.

this way ^^

The more comfortable,less awkward way of doing it honestly hooking up with her first and getting close to her.

And dont ask someone out over the phone,text,facebook, whatever else there is. If you dont do it in person it makes u look like a pussy and it most likely will be a No if you do it electronically when it could possibly be a Yes in person.

id say be subtle, and you need to show her that youre not completely into her at the same time show her you are a bit....push and pull a bit you know?

if u just be blunt you let her be in control of the outcome, thats bad

so basically im saying that you have to be in control of whats going on between u two, its not too hard :)

but then again...i havent had a girlfriend for two years :(

Fuck this shit.

Beta faggots play games.

Beta losers are the ones that get shot down.

Betas are the ones that use subtle hints.

ALPHA MALES ARE THE ONES THAT DON'T ASK HER IF SHE WANTS TO GO ON A DATE.

ALPHA MALES JUST TELL HER TO BE THERE.

ALPHA MALES ARE THE ONES THAT GET LAID CONSTANTLY.

ALPHA MALES ARE THE ONES THAT FUCK ANY WOMAN THEY WANT.

ARE YOU AN ALPHA MALE OR A BETA FAGGOT?

ts;dr (Too shitty;didn't read version)

Don't be subtle. You learn who you really want to be with by being shot down.

Yeah obviously asking in person is definitely the way to go, but I wasn't in my right state of mind. We worked together again today though and it wasn't awkward or anything, but I think that I am going to just let this one drop. Online dating is much easier anyways according to Pebbz and Howwie. These are clearly the two guys I will be seeking advice from.

20ude12.jpg

Junzou stole my baby!

But on topic. I was in the same boat as you, but she started added the gas and I started the engine, if you can get my analogy. Basically, just talk to her in person and tell her what's up. That's what I did, and it's worked out for me, so far. Plus, you're fucking MagicRatt. You're a legend. <3

Too lazy to read this entire thread (watching a movie), so I'll keep it short with my advice:

1. Never ask a girl out by any medium that you cannot interpret her action, ie. texting, IM, email/Facebook message.

2. Best to ask them in person, you can interpret body language and they have to decide on the spot. Even if they are only semi-interested, by showing the initiative and being ballsy, they will give it a shot.

3. For me, initial dates are purely to learn more about them. Make sure you (A) either really want to learn about them, or (B) can make it seem like you do. Makes a huge impact.

4. Keep it public/social. Ask 'em to go out with you in a group setting or double date, they will feel more comfortable.

5. Gain their friend's support first, if possible. Especially their fat/ugly friends.

6. I will typically ask a girl out somewhere the day following a particularly good interaction - the cards will be in your favor.

7. Don't ask them out out of the blue. They will assume it is a booty call (the exception is if they are cool with that).

My 7 cents.

5. Gain their friend's support first, if possible. Especially their fat/ugly friends.

GFA.

Konah's right on the spot though. There is an old aphorism that girls like assholes. They don't. They like confidence. It's ALL about confidence.

HOLD HER HAND, TAPE HANDS TOGETHER, RUN HOME.

+rep